Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any January Surgery Bandsters?

I would like to lose 100lbs

My Nsv would be to walk into any store and just pick an outfit that fits nicely.

Also, to wear my knee high boots. I also want to just be able to play with my two boys comfortably. I have a5 year old and 1 year old

Congratulations all you January bandits to be -- I am six weeks out and so happy with my new life. What a great way to begin 2014! Here's to health and happiness.

I've heard so much positive stories and can't wait to be banded in January myself. Keep up the good work everyone

My surgery date is January 14, 2014.

This is a great way to start a new year. I am so excited! Everything is ready to go - I've paid for the procedure, had my physical exam, had 2 dietitian appointments so far, and am starting my pre-op diet on Jan. 1.

I'm in Winnipeg, MB.

Hi Everyone, I will be getting banded on the 10 of January.. I'm excited and nervous all at the same time! Would live to meet and chat with anyone that has any advice!

Ive just had my date through of January 4th. Need to get finance sorted and then we're ready to rock. Can't wait!

I have 90 lbs to lose. I just got my blood work papers, and have the pre-op appt next week on the 27th with my regular physician. It is all coming together nicely.

Got my four sure date today. January 6th 8a.m. Super excited!!! When I have my before surgery appt with my surgeon I am going to make sure he thinks the lap band is best for me & not the sleeve or one of the other WLS. I keep reading so much info on which surgery is the best. So many people have the lapband but then get the sleeve or something else later. Any thoughts on what you all have heard or your physicians opinion?

How much research have you all done? I feel like I still have so many questions but the lapband train is still going full steam ahead.

I know I want this. I know it's the only way to help me get this weight off. I just feel like I need to know more about what to expect afterwards.

From the research reports I have read the rates of slippage and removal can be high after 4/5 years. So clearly complying with the "rules" of the band are essential to success.

I just feel like I don't know enough. Could be time for some more questions to the Doctor...

January 23 1pm. Starting weight 243, age 23, sex Female

I think this site is a great one to ask questions on & to get answers to your questions but you have to be in the rt forum

Went and met with the surgeon today. Went and got seven viles of blood work done. Just waiting now until the 16th. Everything is done! Yippee! The best news...Dr. said instead of two weeks if broth fasting that I only have to do one week! Liver is small ;) I am stoked about that!