Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any January Surgery Bandsters?

I am 47, in Orange County, CA

I'm from Illinois, no kids, but my boyfriend who has two ages 9 & 11. My weight has been a lifelong struggle as well. I am hopful the band will help me to lose weight and become much more healthy!

Best wishes to all you up and coming bandsters! Looks like a lot of you will be starting the new year with a new look at life. Your new life will be very rewarding! We are here for you! Karen

Hello folks! I'm 34 and my surgery date is January 2nd! I haven't gotten the final approval from the insurance company yet so I hope to get it real soon! All surgeons are different and I will learn more after the final approval but I think my doc has a special pre-op diet as well! So the insurance better come on i'm running out of time! LoL!

Sounds great Billieg! Starting the new year right! Woohoo! Best wishes to all newbies. We are here for you,too!Kll724

Hello everyone. I am hoping to have my op on 3rd jan. Am 30yo, from the UK but live in Dubai and work in events. Am meeting with the surgeon tomorrow to have my consultation and get the date! I keep going through the forum to get as much knowledge as possible. I have about 30kg to lose. Would love to lose it all in 2014. Woohoo x

Had to squeeze myself into a chair with arms today. I am so hoping the band & I can work together to lose enough weight so I don't have to feel this way much longer. Can't wait to find out!

I've been there too. Not fun! We will make it work I'm just nervous for the surgery. Hope it is successful. I'm a worry wart when it comes to that.

Have to say I'm getting a little nervous. Thought I would get my pre op appt with doctor scheduled this week & I haven't heard anything. Hmmmm...

I am just waiting for the OK from insurance. I am geared for an early-to-mid January date. I just turned 40, and I can't think of a better gift for myself than a healthy future!

What are everyones scale and nsv goals? I'll go first....

1. Drop 30kg - primary goal and to get past 72kg which was the lowest weight I reached just over 2 years ago.

2. NSV: to be able to cross my legs sat on a plane. I travel a lot and would appreciate the feeling of not filling the space I have entirely!

3. NSV: to be able to comfortably zip up some knee high boots that aren't wide fit!

4. NsV: do 10 pull ups. I love crossfit but can't do these. They are my ultimate exercise nemisis.

5. NSV: to get rid of my lovehandles. Almost gone but with a weight drop would hope they go forever!

I got my surgery date. It's January 10th. I'm excited and nervous at the same time. I'm looking forward to a more healthier lifestyle. God is Love!

I'm having my band redone on 7th January. It was first done in feb 2009 and I have dropped from 154kgs to 100kgs but have plateaued for nearly two years. After having a leaking port replaced in sept 2012 the band is still leaking so decision has been made to redo the whole procedure. Can't wait to recommence the journey