Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January 2014 Sleevers Come In!

I'm down 60 pounds since surgery and 87 altogether. I'm not losing as fast as some, but I take a medication (Abilify) that is probably slowing things down. I go to the gym pretty much every other day, and I feel SOOOO much better than I did before surgery. My back rarely bothers me now, although I have several herniated disks in my lumbar region.

Thanks for reminding me to check in! :)

I'm down 57 lbs since surgery. I weigh 135 now! I haven't weighed that little since 3rd grade, I'm pretty sure ????! My goal is 130 so I'm almost there, yippee. I do worry about regain the most since I can eat more now.

I'm down to 170 from 217 ... The surgery was on January 6th ... It's going down slow but I'm happy ... I will never regret doing it :)

I am a slow loser but I am still losing. I had my surgery on January 22, and I started at 234. I am down to 180 as of yesterday. I hit a stall but I think I am past it now. Slow and steady like a turtle but I will get to 140 before I know it.

My surgery was on January 7th I'm down 88lbs I went from 327to 238.4lbs I am definitely at a stall right now and I still have 40lbs to go. Some days I find myself eating more then usual tho..

My surgery was January 27th. My starting weight was 316, surgery weight was 269, and last week I just surpassed my goal by 1, pound and hit 179!! Now the hard part...keeping it off!!! A bit scary, but up for the challenge!!!

I have lost 81lbs since my surgery on jan 27! Best decision ever made

Surgery date: Jan 27th, 2014

Surgery weight: 252

Current weight: 148

104 lbs down.

I am loving how I feel! I love my doctor. I can run around with my kids! Life is good!

So happy for you all.

It seems January 27th was a very popular day!!! So glad to see all doing so great!!! Is anyone out there who made goal weight having a hard time adjusting? I am!! Trying not to lose anymore and trying not to gain anymore seems kind of tricky!!!

It seems January 27th was a very popular day!!! So glad to see all doing so great!!! Is anyone out there who made goal weight having a hard time adjusting? I am!! Trying not to lose anymore and trying not to gain anymore seems kind of tricky!!!

Yes I have decided that I am at goal weight. I am happy where I am so I am trying to stay right where iam. It is really hard. I have to eat more but not get crazy with what I eat because I don't want to stretch my stomach. It's def a juggling act!

So I checked my weight for the first time in a while. I have officially lost 75 pounds since surgery, and 102 since I started trying to lose weight! I am stoked! :)

Just thought I'd share.

I'm happy with my weight loss, even though I've lost slower than some due to one of my medications making life difficult on that front. I'm going to have to buy jeans soon because I do not own a single pair of ankle length jeans that fit right. (I live in Florida, so it's just now starting to cool off enough for full length jeans. I've been in capris and shorts for months because it's just been too warm for long trousers.) I think I may be able to buy size 20 jeans, because the size 22 capris I have are starting to get loose on me, and the size 24s are almost unwearable because they're so huge in the waist on me. I'll post again when my clothing size starts with a one and not a two. I doubt I'll ever get below a size 12, because I never really have been, even in my early 20s when I was thin. I'd actually be pretty happy with a 14, but to see size 12 again would be really awesome. :)

Have a good one, y'all.

Edited by AZDesertRose76

Official results:

Starting weight - 316

Surgery weight - 269

Goal weight - 180

Current weight - 178

"Cushion Weight Range" - 180 to 185 (as suggested by my nutritionist)

I think I may have finally found that sweet spot as far as maintenance...exercising about 5 days a week, burning usually between 550 and 650 calories a day, and taking in between 1500 and 1600 calories a day. I do a little grazing, but very little...I'm sure not to keep anything but healthy stuff around, so when I do snack, it's healthy snacks!! So far so good, but my only issue now is trying to regain muscle lost during weight loss. Had some conversations with my nutritionist and my surgeon as well as did some research, and the best plan of attack is gradual weight training every other day, so I've started this as well...just wanted to share, and I'd love to answer any questions if I can!!

Wish me luck!!!

BTW, January 2014 Sleevers...updates?? Keep in touch, Folks!!!

Edited by BryBro63

106lbs gone!

106 lbs gone!!

Congrats!!! Looking good!!!