Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January 2014 Sleevers Come In!

post-198886-0-41013000-1393094991_thumb.jpg

post-198886-0-55332000-1393094996_thumb.jpg

I was 6 weeks post op in this pic. I am down about 28lbs. Feeling great!

I was 6 weeks post op in this pic. I am down about 28lbs. Feeling great!

Looking good. We are about the same weight lose so far and time frame. I am finally able to notice the changes. I love putting on clothes that felt like they were cutting off my circulation and now have them feel loose. Woo hoo!!!

Hello January sleever's! I had surgery 1/10/14. Started at 205 and down to 185. I can't help to get disappointed at only losing 20 lbs so far. I keep saying to myself that 20 lbs In 7 wks is great, but can't help hoping t was a little faster. I have had my ups and downs emotionally. I feel very weak and fatigued at times and that makes me depressed. Just this past Thursday I was cleared to do any exercise. So I'm joining a gym on Monday to take classes hoping that will increase the weight loss. I have been the same weight for almost 2 wks! I'm doing everything I should do but I am a picky eater. So I'm eating. A lot of the same things over an over. Anyway I'm wondering how everyone else is doing so far that had the surgery early Jan? How is everyone's energy level? Also I am trying so hard to get 64 ounces of liquid in daily but so far I get between 36-44 including 2 Protein Shakes a day. Is everyone able to get more water/ fluids down?

I also want to mention i never lost my hunger. It is less than before but I definitely get hungry about every 2-3 hrs. On a better note I'm so happy I did this surgery and look forward to this new lifetime journey.

Donna, I am sorry you are feeling disappointed. I had my surgery January 7th. I am down about 33 pounds so far. I want to ask you if you are constipated because I had a slow two weeks and I read that Constipation can cause the scale to not move and I know I didn't gain weight. I am feeling good most of the time with more energy and less aches and pains. The one thing I started to recently struggle with is this inner shaky feeling. I had blood work done and I have low Iron. I am mostly very upbeat, but I have had days of feeling blah. Fatigue and low energy can be that you're not getting enough of something, such as Iron or Protein. Hang in there, I am sure it will get better. But if things get worse, I would mention it to your doctor.

Frankenbelly51 thank you! I have experienced Constipation and take colace everyday to help with that. I think it is the energy and fatigue that is making this hard. I don't regret having the surgery for a second! I'm just looking forward to that spike of energy! Your right it is probably my bodies way of telling me I'm not getting enough of something. I'm making an appt with my primary dr to have Bloodwork checked. Congratulations your doing great! I haven't experienced the shaky feeling but I hope it goes away for you! Are you able to get down the recommended 64 oz of Water a day? Do you feel hungry at times?

It's weird Donna, I get hungry before bed sometimes. I usually get hungry before meals. I am still eating very little because for one I am so afraid to overeat and stretch my pouch and I am really not clear on how much I should be having now. I see my surgeon this week and will find out. I am getting probably about 50 to 60 ounces of Water a day. I use Mio drops or sugar free, caffeine free ice tea or crystal light. The other thing is every day I feel different. If you are interested, I have a blog www.ajourneyworthtaking51.blogger.com. Thanks, I hope it gets better for you. I am very happy with my decision too.

Frankenbelly1 that is great you get that amount of Water down! That is my mission this wk to increase my water intake. The plan my dr gave me to follow is 4 oz Protein in the morning with 1 oz of yogurt or fruit. Then the rest of the day is 2 oz protein and 2 oz of vegetable or fruit. Plus 2 Protein Shakes 6 oz each. By the end of the day it gets hard dr me to finish that last Protein Shake. I'm afraid of stretching my ouch too! I guess thy will always be a fear for all of us! Good luck at the dr I hope all is well! Thank you for you input!

Surgery date January 15th - lapband was removed November 26th - a whole new journey and I"m very excited. liquids begin January 1st:-) Good luck to all!

You was on a liquid diet for 15 days? What did you have & how much did u lose?

How did the surgery go? How are you doing now?

So I was told by my NUT I could start regular diet today wk 7 and I don't know why but I'm nervous! I don't know why to buy! I'm afraid to go back to old habits! Im still in a stall despite adding exercise I'm going to just continue to eat what I am now. It was soft diet but still chicken and turkey burgers and vegetables. I don't know what else to add. Se told me I could have 1/2 of a toasted English muffin but that Is carb. I thought we had to stay away from all carbs. . Hummm I'm confused! Anyone start regular diet? Oh I should mention my problem is I'm a picky eater!

I was nervous too, and there are many recipes on websites and pinterest. Some of the sites are bariatriccookery.com and bariatriceating.com. diabeticconnect.com. There are also many cookbooks you can buy. If you google high Protein low carb recipes, a lot comes up. Pinterest too has boards for bariatric cooking and low carbs. There is a lot out there. My doctor told me no carbs and 4 ozs. of protein per meal with some veggies. I have been making great recipes. Also, if you have a recipes it helps to bake it in a muffin tin for Portion Control. I made a sausage frittata which was all protein and it was great. Good luck!

Frankenbelly51- thanks for the websites!! I will definitely check them out today before shopping. I bought a recipe book online an only liked 3 recipes in it so I returned it. Lol but it will definitely go on pin interest and the websites! Thanks!!

Anyone getting acid reflux? It's so bad and the only things that help are the liquid meds they gave me which taste horrible or cottage cheese. I keep drinking Water to keep the acid down but I can't do that all the time or I'll never get a 30 min interval to eat. Lol. Anyone else feel this way?

Did they not put you on something for that?? My doc put me on nexium in the soluable form. No acid problems at all.

When it comes to carbs you want to make it worth your while nutrition wise. I eat half of a whole wheat sandwich thin. It's 50 calories for half and has I think 7 grams of Protein. Also Barilla has a whole grain Pasta that has 21 grams of protein. Just remember that protein should be half your plate (from my knowledge) then u can do carbs and a vegetable or fruit.