Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January 2014 Sleevers Come In!

First dr weight in. 17lbs lost! So happy to hear great news!

Good job how are you feeling now?

Im am good. eating puree now. thank you!

Wow...impressive loss!

thanks!

I had my VSG on 1/31. Went to the dr today and have lost 18lbs since surgery. I've lost 27lbs total. 9lbs from pre op. QUESTION... I was moved to full liquids today. So im able to eat mashed potatoes. I ate some but I never got that full feeling. I ate maybe 6 very small spoon fulls then I stopped. I just didn't want any more. Is it normal not to actually feel that "FULL" feeling??

I was sleeved 1/27. I am on pureed food now and i noticed I feel pressure at the top of my sternum. If I stop eating just as soon as I feel a little pressure, I am good. If I take another few bites, the pressure increases and I am uncomfortable for about an hour or so. It is a VERY subtle feeling-- so I have to be paying super close attention.

I had my surgery 1/29 in Cincinnati, OH. Weighed myself yesterday and I'm down a total of 60 lbs since I started my own diet in November then my pre op diet. Two week follow up this week :-)

Just ordering Protein shakes now. My NUT gave me a huge list of them, but obviously not by taste. The highest in Protein are: <br><br> Natures best Isopure zero carb<br> Vitamin shop 100% soy protein<br> Syntrax Matrix<br> Bariatric Advantage <br> Unjury<br><br> Any comments on which tastes best?<br> :)

I hear if u have insurance u can apply to get ur shakes thru insurance. Www.insurenutrition.com

Syntax is good to make ice pops frozen drinks but some are good to drink. Bjbariatrics.com had sample of all favors for 15 dollars I think. Apple was nasty.

I hear if u have insurance u can apply to get ur shakes thru insurance. Www.insurenutrition.com Syntax is good to make ice pops frozen drinks but some are good to drink. Bjbariatrics.com had sample of all favors for 15 dollars I think. Apple was nasty.

Thank you so much!!!

I was sleeved 1/27. I am on pureed food now and i noticed I feel pressure at the top of my sternum. If I stop eating just as soon as I feel a little pressure, I am good. If I take another few bites, the pressure increases and I am uncomfortable for about an hour or so. It is a VERY subtle feeling-- so I have to be paying super close attention.

Same here..I've learned to eat smaller bites, chew more & take more time in between bites. No pain since making that adjustment. Was sleeved 1/20/14.

Same here..I've learned to eat smaller bites, chew more & take more time in between bites. No pain since making that adjustment. Was sleeved 1/20/14.

Very good tip...thanks!! But just out of curiosity...have you or anyone had the issue of that same type of pain when eating Soup?

I had a fight with a piece of raw broccoli and angered my sleeve. I was cooking and I forgot and ate a large piece and didn't chew well. Oh man, I won't be doing that again!! It was awful, pains and spit up bile. I had this awful taste in my mouth almost like blood, but it wasn't blood. Wow, you really have to be mindful at all times. I'm such a goober! :o

I am on liquid and pill form meds for acid reflux. It still happens. It comes so far up that I feel like I might throw up, but I don't. Sometimes a few deep breathes or a sip of something makes it feel a little better. Sucks! Anyone else feel this way?

Just ordering Protein Shakes now. My NUT gave me a huge list of them, but obviously not by taste. The highest in Protein are:

Natures best Isopure zero carb

Vitamin shop 100% soy protein

Matrix

Bariatric Advantage

Unjury

Any comments on which tastes best?

:)

I do not like the Unjury products. They have a great return policy, fortunately, because I bought a big shipment and am returning almost everything.

I like Premier Protein shakes from costco or Sam's Club.

I like Muscle milk powder.< /p>

I like Target's house brand vanilla Protein Powder too.

The only Protein i have been able to drink and like is the GNC total lean ready to drink shake. It has 25g per bottle. All the others I have a problem keeping it down.

I was sleeved January 22nd. It has been a pretty good month so far. I am down a total of 28 lbs all together. I have lost 13 since surgery. The past few days have been good. I did have a couple of weeks that didn't lose but gained. But this week I have lost 4 lbs so far.

post-199303-0-08305700-1393088970_thumb.png

[ATTACH]41761[/ATTACH]

I was sleeved January 22nd. It has been a pretty good month so far. I am down a total of 28 lbs all together. I have lost 13 since surgery. The past few days have been good. I did have a couple of weeks that didn't lose but gained. But this week I have lost 4 lbs so far.

You look great keep up the good work