Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January 2014 Sleevers Come In!

I was sleeved 1/27 and I am feeling really good. I moved to pureed foods yesterday. I had heard it over and over but was still surprised at how little I could eat-- literally 2-3 tbsp and that is IT. Nice to have something besides Soup or Protein Shakes, though!

I went for a 20 min walk outside yesterday. Today we have snow and freezing rain, so I think I will have to hit the dreaded treadmill. For now, I am working (I am bale to work from home), so I will have to walk later tonight.

How is everyone today?

Snowed in!

Good, still having upper gas when I eat. That's the only complaint. And sick of this Winter.

Stuck at work!!!

I was sleeved on 1/27, but I'm still on full liquids...can't wait to get to pureed foods...my biggest thrill is getting strained Soup for dinner! I was also told to walk, but stay away from the treadmill, since you have the urge to overdo it...I can't wait to get back to the gym again!!

Are itching and tinges of pain to main incision site 10 days out normal? I am thinning itching means healing? Happen to everyone else?

I definitely have the itching...and the liquid bandages are now starting to peel away...was given strict instructions to not peel them and let them fall off naturally...doing my best to try to resist the temptation!!

I definitely have the itching...and the liquid bandages are now starting to peel away...was given strict instructions to not peel them and let them fall off naturally...doing my best to try to resist the temptation!!

Yes!!!! Thank you so much!!! I got the same instructions. Makes me feel better to hear someone is feeling the same! :)

Are itching and tinges of pain to main incision site 10 days out normal? I am thinning itching means healing? Happen to everyone else?

I have been itchy too from the surgical tape. Some redness where the edges of the bandages are. I want to peel them ofd but was told to let them fall off. It's driving me nuts lol!

I have been itchy too from the surgical tape. Some redness where the edges of the bandages are. I want to peel them ofd but was told to let them fall off. It's driving me nuts lol!

Feel the same way! I also have a large purple bruise by one of the incisions. Yuck!

Feel the same way! I also have a large purple bruise by one of the incisions. Yuck!

Yea I have a few big bruises by where they were injecting the blood thinner in my lower tummy after surgery. They are ugly!

How long before most where taken off liquid diet?

I was on Clear Liquids last week, i am now on my two week full liquid diet. Then i will move onto soft food for two weeks, and finally can eat regular. I can't wait!

I'm moving on up to soft and moist food today (Yay!) and I had sashimi today. I'm having serious issues getting in Protein from any shakes, they taste awful and come right back up. Actually anything other than Sugar Free Chocolate Jello and tea comes up... Until I had a dream about sushi and decided to try. I had a single piece of Toro sashimi (chewed for five minutes a bite) and it completely agreed with me. Fish here I come! Only problem is that I live in Denver and fresh fish is pretty dang expensive out here.