Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January 2014 Sleevers Come In!

My surgery was yesterday. I hated the leak test. Made me throw up. After that I just felt horrible but feeling better now. Not going home today maybe tomorrow Lord willing! My family member have a cold so not trying to get home to quick, I don't need to get sick. Hope everyone is doing well!

Hi I had my surgery also yesterday. Doctor didn't do a leak test so not sure what thats like. Home now thank godm

Hi I had my surgery also yesterday. Doctor didn't do a leak test so not sure what thats like. Home now thank god.

I thankful because it's a precaution for my safety. I had to drink contrast thick liquid n they took X-rays. To check for a leak. That highlighted inside the X-ray. A radios plight doctor conducted the test with assistance. I feel much better but doctor r keeping me because I barely can get 2 ounces in every hr. N they expect 4 every hr. I'm ok with stating its a very good hospital. I just miss my family but I have up think of me. I'm thankful to God for his blessings. Glad ur all doing well.

I was sleeved on 1/27 and I am down 9 lbs. can't get the liquids in or enough Protein. Maybe 16-20oz of water/tea/ ice pop/ hint Water. Last 3 days I was ok with chicken stock and veggie stock but it's not happening now. Ugggh can't move to soft foods until 2/10.

I was also sleeved on Jan. 27th. Slowwwwwly getting my liquids in, however, Protein is my problem. I cannot stand the smell or taste (even the Unjury unflavored one) ugh :( I too am on the Clear Liquids until Feb. 6th. Try Decaf teas, gatorade zero, sugar free/no sugar added popsicles, Propel, Crystal Light, Mio, etc as these will all count towards your liquids. Also, for variation, try making ichiban noodles. You can't eat the noodles but you can strain the broth and drink it. Hope that helps! :)

I was also sleeved on Jan. 27th. Slowwwwwly getting my liquids in, however, Protein is my problem. I cannot stand the smell or taste (even the Unjury unflavored one) ugh :( I too am on the Clear Liquids until Feb. 6th. Try Decaf teas, gatorade zero, sugar free/no sugar added popsicles, Propel, Crystal Light, Mio, etc as these will all count towards your liquids. Also, for variation, try making ichiban noodles. You can't eat the noodles but you can strain the broth and drink it. Hope that helps! :)

Try SF Torani syrups. They come in many flavors. They are really good. Walmart carry them. I put a few drops in my Protein Shakes. That is the only way I can tolerate those awful tasting protein shakes.

Hello to all the January sleevers! Congratulations to everyone! Even though it's a struggle (and some may have a bout of temporary regret), when we've "mastered the sleeve" I'm sure will all agree it will be one of the best decisions we have ever made! Happy 2014 everyone! I wish everyone a healthy and happy journey!!!

I have pain every time I drink or eat anything no matter the temp! Will this pass? When? I'm 4 days post OP.

HELP

I am 2 weeks post op and still have some of this. It is a little better though. Just try smaller sips and bites. I swallow too much air with mine and it hurts to burp. I hope it gets better.

My surgery was January 20th. Feeling great except extremely constipated right now. Lost 10 lbs in my first week. Good luck everyone!

I'm one week post-op, and have lost 12lbs... Right now I'm 'graduating' to full liquids...Had my first Protein Shake, and loving it!!! It's the little things in life!!! LOL!!!