Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January 2014 Sleevers Come In!

Well I am 6 days out and doing fine after surgery. So very blessed to be a sleeved sista and be on the road to healthy new me!! My surgery was just 1 1/2 hours the hardest part was I was the 2nd to last patient and no drinking Water for over 16 hours was hard. I was in the hospital for two days beleive me that 4am visit from the pain can be a doosy I found out the hard way that sleeping through more then 4 hours means you wake up in pain which is no fun. All the sugestions on what to take really helped too especially the extension cord and my little hot pad!! A must for any one who wants to heal quickly!!

My surgery date is 1/29/14. To those who already had their surgery and for those who have not had their surgery yet I am wishing you much success with your weight loss journey.

My surgery date is 1/29/14. To those who already had their surgery and for those who have not had their surgery yet I am wishing you much success with your weight loss journey.

My date is January 29 also.

I was sleeved on Monday, surgery went well. Arrived at hospital at 8am was on surgery by 11:30, was in room by 2:30pm.woke up with a NG tube down my nose (my MD does as a protocol to prevent vomiting) also had a drain.Was NPO until 24 hours. On Tuesday morning was given leak test with horrible tasting bleu dye. (abt 5 oz) it took my 2 hours to drink, but no leaks. Then they gave me a 20oz water bottle with crystal lite. That took me 6 hours to drink. MD d/c me around 6pm and I was able to sleep only own bed last night. So far no nausea or vomiting...incisions & tummy muscles very sore. (Hard to get in/out of bed). But all in all things are going well. My new schedule includes walking and sipping.

Edited by A_ReNUDE_me

We have the same surgey date!!!!! Yay us!!!!

Post op day one!

I feel great. I've lost 26# since my preop diet started. So excited!

. Yay congratulations sleeve buddy. :-)

:-) yes yayyyy us!!!

good luck

I was sleeved on Monday, surgery went well. Arrived at hospital at 8am was on surgery by 11:30, was in room by 2:30pm.woke up with a NG tube down my nose (my MD does as a protocol to prevent vomiting) also had a drain.Was NPO until 24 hours. On Tuesday morning was given leak test with horrible tasting bleu dye. (abt 5 oz) it took my 2 hours to drink, but no leaks. Then they gave me a 20oz Water bottle with crystal lite. That took me 6 hours to drink. MD d/c me around 6pm and I was able to sleep only own bed last night. So far no nausea or vomiting...incisions & tummy muscles very sore. (Hard to get in/out of bed). But all in all things are going well. My new schedule includes walking and sipping.

Glad your surgery went well. Good luck with your journey.

Good luck

Help! Struggling with 2 week preop liquid diet. My surgery is 1/29 and I am struggling bad on this liquid diet. I know this is mind over matter but at this point my mind is just a little weak. Is there anyone who has gone through this struggle? Can someone please give me some tips on how to beat this? I do want to be successful with my sleeve. But if I am struggling now, does this predetermine my strength after my sleeve?

Help! Struggling with 2 week preop liquid diet. My surgery is 1/29 and I am struggling bad on this liquid diet. I know this is mind over matter but at this point my mind is just a little weak. Is there anyone who has gone through this struggle? Can someone please give me some tips on how to beat this? I do want to be successful with my sleeve. But if I am struggling now, does this predetermine my strength after my sleeve?

Hello we have the same surgery date. I am also struggling. I was at the point to where I wanted to eat a meal. Then I had to stop and think. This feeling is temporally. I am counting down the days and praying for strength. It is tough but this is the beginning of our journey and I know we will pull though with the help from the Good Lord. I have to keep myself busy all day to keep my mind off of food. Good luck to you.