Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January 2014 Sleevers Come In!

Hey everybody. I'm new to this, but I love having this available for all the support. I am scheduled for Jan 14....less than 36 hours away!! So very excited, yet nervous at the same time. I have been on my liquid diet since 1/1 and have lost 11 lbs with that. At first, I found it very difficult. I felt nauseous, lightheaded, weak and just plain hungry, but after about 6 days, it started to become easier. I have included many people in my journey. My entire family...mom, sister, aunts, uncles, cousins, grandparents etc are aware of my surgery as well as a few close friends and the majority of my co-workers. I'm an RN, so I have found great support through my work relationships. And as far as my family, I needed them to know. It was important to me to have all that I could support and rally around me during this time. Not to mention a few extra prayers are always welcomed. I look forward to hearing about everybody's soon to be successes. Here's to the skinnier and healthier you in 2014!!!

New to the forums, and I have my date for 1/27 in Monterey, CA.

I had tried to go through this route previously with Kaiser, but my surgery kept getting 'postponed' due to weight gain (after - surprise - multiple medication changes).

Since I have my date booked, I'm starting to mini-stock the pantry and prep for a week or two of pre-surgery liquid diets. Just so I'll be somewhat aware of what I can expect right off the bat.

Was sleeved yesterday. Went better than I expected. First few hrs out were awful but it gets better and better as the hrs pass. Been burping up blood which is the worst part of it. Drains and IV in. Leak test today and if things go well, water! I can't wait to just swallow some Water.< /p>

In 1 week I will be at the OCC. I'm so excited!! A little nervous but not bad. I don't know how I will make it through the week at work. And as a added bonus, I get to leave the very disgusting amounts of snow we have and go to warmer weather. The countdown is on!

My 90 day period that the Ins company requires is done and i am just waiting on the official approval then the date. It is like hurry up and wait.

Was sleeved yesterday. Went better than I expected. First few hrs out were awful but it gets better and better as the hrs pass. Been burping up blood which is the worst part of it. Drains and IV in. Leak test today and if things go well, water! I can't wait to just swallow some Water.< /p>

Nothing to worry about burping/vomiting a bit of blood - your stomach pouch was just cut off! Sip on the water slowly..... Don't swallow! Cheers

Got home late last night from MX. Slept awesome and actually slept in my side! I had an awesome experience in MX with Dr Lopez and his team.

Passed the leak test. Was given apple juice, tea and sorbet - nothing ever tasted so good! But it's taken me the better part of an hr and I'm not even a third done

That's great! Practice makes perfect. Don't rush it. I am 6 days post op and takes me 1 hour to eat half cup pudding and almost 2 hours to drink 12 oz Protein Shake. The hard part is over!

Thanks for the replies. Feels good to take this journey with others. I'm still very nauseas. Not burping up blood anymore, but all the liquids I take in come back up. Not sure if this is normal. Wondering how long until I can keep something down.

Congrats! My surgery is tomorrow. Good luck.

Me too - 7:30 AM. Good luck Jan 14 sleevers!!!!

Thanks for the replies. Feels good to take this journey with others. I'm still very nauseas. Not burping up blood anymore, but all the liquids I take in come back up. Not sure if this is normal. Wondering how long until I can keep something down.

Congrats on your surgery...praying it gets easier for you. I'm still preop so I have no reference for your symptoms, but my surgeon says vomiting is NOT normal, but if your in hospital still hopefullly it will get better soon