Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January 2014 Sleevers Come In!

Lovelaura good luck! I start liquids tomorrow. It's weird that our diets are so different, since your surgeon and my surgeon assist each other. I will either have Dr Walton or Dr Broussard as the assisting surgeon with me next Wednesday the 8th, and I met a couple of weight wise patients when I did my nutrition class.

Lucky,

I was told when I started that I needed to lose 5% of my initial weight. I still have some weight to take off to meet this which is why I'm doing it! If I'd lost the weight, i just would've been on the liquids for the day before

Let me know how everything goes! I'll be thinking of you!

I am in the same shungsleeve. I am not scheduled until Wednesday though so I hope it is gone by then. It came on the 1st so unless the liquid diet has changed things considerably, I am hoping I will be fine,

I'm usually a 3 day person. Which means my last day should be on surgery day. What a pickle.

I have a date of Jan. 16, at NYU hospital, assuming everything works out with insurance (things are looking good so far!) I started my fast today, and I don;t feel so well but I AM DETERMINED. Major winter storm coming through here tomorrow but I;m going for mypre-op testing and nothing is going to keep me from doing that!

I'm having my surgery in February at NYU what are you eating for preop?

Hi, I am scheduled to a revision from lapband to sleeve on January 18 at MI Doctor, Tijuana with Dr. Cabrera. Looking for support and also to see if there are anyone else scheduled that time. I am anxious, nervous.....

Hi - this is my first posting! I am scheduled for Jan 14 at Northwestern in Chicago. I am really excited about it; it's my Christmas present to myself.

Hi everybody just discovered this app and I m not sure how to use it properly but so far really happy to hear about ppl preparing for their surgery. My date is the 7th of January and it will be in Boedeaux France. I know I didn't see many people outside of the US on the site and I can only see that the process is not really the same. For ex I am not supposed to do any pre op diet, and although it might seem great as I can "enjoy" Christmas meals with my family, I feel really strange about not doing anything to prep for the surgery. According to my surgeon studies didn't show any significant difference in results of the surgery and that' s why he doesn't prescribe it. Anybody got the same feedback from the surgeon? Btw nice to meet you all and looking forward to support you and be supported in this journey!!!'

My doctor asks for a low-carb pre-surgical diet but told me that it is optional for me since I am on the lower end of BMI (36). I am following a low-carb diet pre-surgically anyway before my Jan 14 surgical date. It will improve my blood sugar and be good for my liver. I agree though - so many people are talking about strict regimens that I feel a bit weird about it.

My doctor asks for a low-carb pre-surgical diet but told me that it is optional for me since I am on the lower end of BMI (36). I am following a low-carb diet pre-surgically anyway before my Jan 14 surgical date. It will improve my blood sugar and be good for my liver. I agree though - so many people are talking about strict regimens that I feel a bit weird about it.

BMI of 36 and you're opting for bariatric surgery?? Shouldn't you just try & work off the little excess?

I'm having my surgery in February at NYU what are you eating for preop?

I don't know yet. I find out on the 14th at my preop education appt.

BMI of 36 and you're opting for bariatric surgery?? Shouldn't you just try & work off the little excess?

75 extra pounds is hardly a "little excess". Eleven tries at Weight Watchers. Hypertension and high cholesterol. Back and hip problems. Hiatal hernia. Verge of diabetes. Family history of early heart attacks. I certainly fill the medical criteria.
I have "successfully" lost hundreds of pounds since the age of 10, and always regained. Every year it is getting worse, and every year my surgical risk rises. I have reduced from BMI-39 to my present BMI. I am in my late 50s and would like to live to my late 80s. I think we all come from the same place here, although we may be different sizes right now. So regarding your comment, wouldn't that apply to any of us? We all know the reality of our situation.

I am scheduled for the gastric sleeve procedure on January 17th. I am excited about the prospect of a new life but afraid about the relationship that I will have with food going forward

I have my date for January 20 with Dr Ariel Ortiz at OCC. any other Canadians out there

I am January 20th in Roanoke, VA with Dr Tananchai Lucktong. I start my liver shrinking diet on Monday. 2 shakes and a Lean Cuisine. Getting a little nervous now!

2 more days