Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January 2014 Sleevers Come In!

Surgery in the 7th :)..... Starting the liquids only tomorrow :)

I'm the 7th too! Good luck.

<p>January 2nd !! Tomorrow I'm excited and nervous at the same time</p>

Good luck and best wishes for no complications and speedy recovery!!!!!!!! Let us know how you are!

Surgery in the 7th :)..... Starting the liquids only tomorrow :)

I guess that depends on what your current weight is eh! Couple of days, a week or 2 right up to a few months! I'm on the 7 th as well and bin on liquids since the 30th of Dec!

My surgery is 1/15/14 I started the liquid diet today and I am so excited! I am having the surgery @ Salem Hospital in MA and the doctor is Dr. Benedetto. Is anyone else on the liquid diet yet? Today is my first day and I am hungry!!!

My surgery is 1/15/14 I started the liquid diet today and I am so excited! I am having the surgery @ Salem Hospital in MA and the doctor is Dr. Benedetto. Is anyone else on the liquid diet yet? Today is my first day and I am hungry!!!

I start my liquid pre-op diet on Monday, but my plan is to drink tons of Water whenever I feel "starving" and it's not time for another Protein Shake. Hopefully that will work. :-)

Why are you hungry? Your liquid diet can consist of fresh green salads, yoghurt, oats, skim milk & an egg. The Soup can also contain 1pc of chicken or fish, green veggies, spinach, etc - I just switched off from my usual OD'ing and actually feeling good about it! :)

Throw the ready made shakes out - you are just supporting another parallel commercial industry!

Why are you hungry? Your liquid diet can consist of fresh green salads, yoghurt, oats, skim milk & an egg. The Soup can also contain 1pc of chicken or fish, green veggies, spinach, etc - I just switched off from my usual OD'ing and actually feeling good about it! :)

Throw the ready made shakes out - you are just supporting another parallel commercial industry!

I'm pretty sure I can only have liquids 100% fruit juice, yogurt, jell-o and Protein Shakes no greens or eggs.. I'm going to call tomorrow but today they are not in the office.

I did get paper work but can not find it! Which is totally unlike me and is what I used when grocery shopping.

Protein Shakes shouldn't be keeping you hungry! You want to stay strictly liquid then make your own chicken Soup at home. Don't use the ready stocks - cut up a few pcs of chicken on the bone, add whatever else you want in it for flavour (i add onions, green Beans, carrots salt n pepper) and then consume only the liquid.

I just do 2 bowls of this everyday - about 300-350ml each for lunch n dinner - no hunger pangs ....4th day running now! Breakfast is a cup of tea followed by oats cooked in milk or half boiled runny eggs.< /p>

<p>My surgery is set for 1/15/14!! So excited!</p>

I am the 15 too. Just had my EGD done this morning. My stomach and throat are a little sensitive but feeling ok.

I start my pre-op diet today but I'm allowed a lean meat, veggies, & low glycemic carb with dinner. shakes for breakfast and lunch and bars for Snacks. My stomach is not up for anything at the moment though.

my preop diet doesn't include any of that stuff...only the shakes, sugar free Jello, sugar free popsicles and one cup of low sodium broth a day.

What kind of shakes are you using? Do they contain enough Protein?

Edited by fotogrphr

The nutritionist suggested Carnation Instant breakfast with simply smart milk. I guess they suggest that bc it's cheap.