Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January 2014 Sleevers Come In!

Anyone here has less then 7 day preop

I'll have a 3 day pre op diet

Scheduled for Jan. 6th in CT - getting a bit nervous, today was my first day of the pre-op diet, I think I did pretty well, except for a glass of OJ, I stuck with greek yogurt, a few chicken cubes, tea, Water, and Protein Shakes ... Day 2 is going to be harder I think ...

I am 40 pounds over ideal weight and I am supposed have this preop and I am failing every day. My surgery is Jan 8

What keeps getting you every day? I just threw out Christmas Cookies and poured soap over them in the trash to be sure I wouldn't go after them. I have had to rid my house of all sweets. They aren't safe around me. And I can't watch tv commercials-they are killing me!

I do not have a pre-op diet according to the office manager. I will be meeting with my surgeon to learn more.

<p>I do not have a pre-op diet according to the office manager. I will be meeting with my surgeon to learn more. </p>

Lucky you!

My surgery is scheduled jan 16. This is my first post here. I start my pre-op diet jan 1. New year for certain!!

I am 40 pounds over ideal weight and I am supposed have this preop and I am failing every day. My surgery is Jan 8

What's causing you to fail?

My surgery is scheduled jan 16. This is my first post here. I start my pre-op diet jan 1. New year for certain!!

Welcome and congrats!! I hope we can all be a good support thru this!

For those of us that have had a hard time on pre-op - are you telling your surgeon?

Are you following pre op to a T otherwise or making substitutions? I read a very low carb diet will shrink the liver.

I did call my patient cord and she said it was okay just start over fresh with no fall offs. I had a chicken salad sandwich that was mixed with regular mayo. I don't think it was super bad but the mayo and bread was the bad part.

Carbs are so hard for me to stop.

Sweetjoy you need a bottle with a top, a timer as you will have to drink every 10 min., also I took crystall light or other types to go in Water as long as it is sf. I had my sleeve done on July 29,13. I had it done in Tyler, Texas @ Trinity Mother Francis, I went in on Monday morning andhad the surgery @ 9am after I was back in my room that afternoon I was walking upand down the hallway.The more you move around the gas will dissapate and you wont be in a lot of pain.My pre op diet was liquid for 3 weeks but I had a lot of medical problems and they wanted my liver to shrink it macls it easier on the Dr to operate. Be sure to take your vitimins, a complete Vitamin, vit.b12, Calcium d3, complete vit.b complex very important. I got to go home on Wed. morning, I have had a very good recovery, I feel better than I did feel it'd amazing, I am under 200 for the first time in over 30 yrs. Good Luck everyone and God Bless you all.

I am eating everything, I was supposed to be on mushie food. I don't see a point. Why not just liquid diet for a few days before surgery?

Hello, congratulations to everyone on their upcoming surgery. In case you did not know there is a forum devoted to each month of each year for members who are having sleeve surgery. Here is the link for January 2014. You may be able to meet other individuals and gain new friends. I hope you continue to bond and support each other through your journey.

http://www.bariatricpal.com/forum/998-january-2014-sleevers/

Good luck with your upcoming surgery and weight loss journey.

One week from tomorrow!! My date is January 6th! This is my first post, I have been doing so much reading! You all have so many great ideas and words of encouragement! I have been doing my 2 week pre op diet. Mine consists of 4 Protein Shakes a day 2 with Water or other acceptable clear liquid choice (diet V8 splash, crystal light, Propel, Smart Water, Snapple diet ice, Decaf tea or coffee, minute maid Light), unlimited amount of non starchy veggies and 6 servings a day of either a 1/2 cup cooked cream of wheat or oatmeal, 1 cup V8/tomato juice, 1 cup sugar free pudding, 6oz fruit-flavored (no fruit chunk) light/fat free yogurt, and 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce. Plus 64-80 oz water or sugar free beverages. I feel like I have been doing very well with this. It was hardest on Christmas day. I just made a huge pot of vegetable Soup and did my best staying away from the things I love. Today made a vegetable stir fry. I love veggies and enjoy eating them and trying new things. I also made spaghetti squash and it was delicious, but tonight I'm TOTALLY over vegetables!! I don't even want to look at them! I think I have burned myself out! What to do for the last week of this? I want some meat! I bought some giant artichokes to steam, so I hope those work for tomorrow night! I have been using the nectar chocolate truffle, double stuffed cookie, and Roadside Lemonade Protein shakes so far. These have all have been yummy. I hope to continue to learn and grow from this site and wish everyone the best of luck!

Welcome dfrog00!

You sound to be doing very well on your pre-op! Yours seems to have many more options than the rest of us!

Good luck to you!

Im going in Jan 2nd to Kaiser Harbor City, CA. So Excited!!!!!