Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Diagnosed Today After A Long Battle

Thanks Missy for the info and thanks all of you all for ur input on the plaquenil. I think I will start it back, awoke today in tremendous pain. I can't go on like that!

Donna12

Is your pain related all to muscles?

I have fibro in my back and my rheumetoligist dr gives me flexeril to help with the pain of knotting muscles. Would this be any help to you? I'm sorry you're going thru so much it must be discouraging....but try to keeo a smile in your heart. You have many friends here concerned for you and coming here to vent does help. Bless you and prayers coming your way.

I have pain in my thighs like in the muscles and then pain in my knees and then my ankle bones hurt and yes I do have pressure points in my shoulders that hurt. I will ask about the flexeril, thanks. I ended up taking a Percocet yesterday and that didn't even phase the pain that I was experiencing. We had an ice storm here in Western Ky over the weekend and the extreme cold has affected my lupus and pain, wishing I had the money to spend winter in a warmer climate. Thanks you guys for all the prayers, they are always welcome.

Almost 18 months ago when I had lap band surgery I thought wow when I lose all this weight I will feel like a million bucks, well that didn't happen. I've struggled since day one, not with eating, physically. I have not been able to exercise at all, I have loose skin everywhere. For the past several weeks I've undergone testing for several things and today I headed to Nashville for the results, certainly not what I wanted to hear, I was diagnosed with Lupus. Thank goodness it hasn't affected my kidneys or liver yet just has damaged my muscles and joints along with other symptoms. Today was a shocker to say the least. The dr prescribed Plaquenil and he was quick to say that it will make me sick at first like vomit sick but that should subside. Wish me luck I start the med tomorrow.

All I wanted to do 17 months ago was to get healthy and thinner. I just have to keep in mind that the good Lord never puts too much on us that we can't handle. I can handle this!!!

I'm sorry to hear that. My blessing to you and your family.

Edited by Essence33

Thanks Missy for the info and thanks all of you all for ur input on the plaquenil. I think I will start it back, awoke today in tremendous pain. I can't go on like that!

Donna12

I have fibro in my back and my rheumetoligist dr gives me flexeril to help with the pain of knotting muscles. Would this be any help to you? I'm sorry you're going thru so much it must be discouraging....but try to keeo a smile in your heart. You have many friends here concerned for you and coming here to vent does help. Bless you and prayers coming your way.

Flexeril is a good drug, but you can't function on it. When I'm (rarely) having a very bad bout of something muscular, I can only take ½ at bedtime. That stuff is seriously sedating!

Donna12

Flexeril is a good drug, but you can't function on it. When I'm (rarely) having a very bad bout of something muscular, I can only take ½ at bedtime. That stuff is seriously sedating!

My daughter takes Flexeril and only takes it before bedtime, too. It does make her drowsy. However, I've taken it and only had a mild drowsy effect. I suspect if I took it regularly, I'd get used to it.

I take Baclofen for muscle spasticity, cramping and pain. It too is a muscle relaxer but it doesn't have nearly the drowsy effect.

Sending you hugs. You have put your trust in the right place, God will never put more onyou than you can handle. You've got this!

I'm really sorry about your diagnosis. I don't know too much about Lupus, but I'm sure you'll take it by the horns. God bless you and keep you.

Good attitude Donna! I will definitely keep you in my prayers.

How ironic. My daughter was just prescribed Plaquinil (I'm spelling it wrong) tonite. She was diagnosed with Mixed Connective Tissue Disease, which is essentially like a combination of Lupus, Scleroderma, and Polymyositis. We thought she had RA but her blood work came back with MCTD instead. We'll have to keep in contact, Donna. We can compare notes how you and my daughter are both doing on the med. She started it tonight. :(

Mia 73

I am also very sorry to hear about your daughter. You are one of the nicest people I have encountered on this forum. Many blessings your way!

hey all, thanks again for all the comments and kind words and prayers, prayers are always welcome.

Missy, how is your daughter? So far the Plaquenil is ok with me, a few times I've gotten nauseated and taken a Dramamine but all in all I guess it is ok. Tonight I'm in a lot of pain all over and didn't take a pain pill cause I have to get up in the morning and didn't want to be hung over. Luckily I still have percocets left from my lapband surgery last year and gallbladder surgery too cause my Rheumy nor my reg doc won't give me anything for pain, I hate it.

hey all, thanks again for all the comments and kind words and prayers, prayers are always welcome.

Missy, how is your daughter? So far the Plaquenil is ok with me, a few times I've gotten nauseated and taken a Dramamine but all in all I guess it is ok. Tonight I'm in a lot of pain all over and didn't take a pain pill cause I have to get up in the morning and didn't want to be hung over. Luckily I still have percocets left from my lapband surgery last year and gallbladder surgery too cause my Rheumy nor my reg doc won't give me anything for pain, I hate it.

She's doing well on it, but we were warned it can take 4-8 weeks for it to take full effect. In the meantime, she's taking Flexeril and Ibuprofen. Pretty much toughing it out. She's not had any adverse reactions whatsover so far, so that is a huge relief.

They won't give her pain meds either. I've actually given her half of my Vicodin before because she was in so much pain.

Hang in there Donna, you can do this :)

Missy:

I'm sorry to hear about your daughter. She is in my prayers.

She's doing well on it, but we were warned it can take 4-8 weeks for it to take full effect. In the meantime, she's taking Flexeril and Ibuprofen. Pretty much toughing it out. She's not had any adverse reactions whatsover so far, so that is a huge relief.

They won't give her pain meds either. I've actually given her half of my Vicodin before because she was in so much pain.

Hang in there Donna, you can do this :)