Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

30-Day Plank Challenge: Who Is In For This One?

This coming from the woman whose profile photo shows cheekbones sharp enough to cut something with? Tell me another one!

Haha! Thanks but it was my saggy butt I was referring to. My back side looks like the saggy, baggy elephant!

Did 35s plank, 35s bridge and two 10s side planks again. Those side planks are tough and I really struggle to hold the left side (my weak side) even for 10s. I can feel it working me though. Glad I'm in on this challenge cuz I'm blowing the December fitness challenge so far.

Yup, I'm in. Just did 30 sec with my 52 pound 6 year old son on my back. Who needs crunches when you can kill your core planking.

45s planks done:)

45 s plank ~DONE! I am loving this plank thang! lol!

Edited by TerryBelieves

Ok started the plank challenge before work today. Following the Calendar for twice a day and adding and exercise I found for the back of the arms. Sitting in a chair hold a 5kg weight with both hands above your head, bend at elbows and take the weight behind your head and then lift it back up to straight again starting 2 x 5 reps and then add one more each day (doh! Hold the weight in the middle or you hit yourself in the back of the head. Lol). Was laughed at for 20 mins cause I did that

45 s plank done! Hoping this helps my aching lower back!

I started this last month but haven't made it to the end yet, so I thought I'd try again. Who's with me?

Take my advice, don't laugh when you see 20s for the first day. After 5 seconds the shakes start and you realize this is tough. But totally doable! I got to 100s by the end and that made me feel good. And hey, if I can do it? You can do it!

All you have to do is dedicate less than 3 minutes to this, and it can be done anywhere (I mean, don't try it in a public place, but you know...)

Attached is a picture and the schedule we can try to follow together.

Who's in??

I was able to do pushups but only with my knees bent. Now though my arms wont hold my body up. Is this the same as pushups or just holding your body in a prone position?

60s today...I surely thought it would get easier as I did it more...but this is no joke!! :) good luck everyone

30 min MMA and plank

I missed a couple days of planking, but tonight did one for 81s!

I have been in Stamford, CT all week on business and have been working out at a local cross fit. Had a great time. Met some super people and have a T-shirt to take home. Planking has been on my daily exercise routine. Funny thing happened. I finished a WOD and decided to do my 400 s plank. So there is this pit bull at the box (most locations have a dog). I am holding this plank and he comes over and spends a long time sniffing my butt, my crotch, my shoes, my face while I am planking. I decide to ignore him, but know these dogs can hold a mean bite longer then I can hold a plank. I dare not stop the plank until the dog finished checking me out, as not to startle the dog. How is that for a motivator ?? Long story short, the dog got a little more friendly by day 3, but man, talk about living life precariously. Lol. Heading home on a late flight today.

Edited by Fiddleman