Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Fitness Challenge

Alright...we're off to a good start.

Today was a swimming day for me so I swam 600 meters, ran 1 mike and did 60 walking lunges.

All I can say about those lunges are....pure hell. Total torture, but they work those glutes like nothing else.

My December goal is to get a sub 18 minute on a workout called the filthy 50:

The Filthy 50 is a brutal series of taxing exercises that’s likely to seem endless if you’ve never done it before. The circuit includes 50 reps of 10 different exercises, all done as quickly as possible. Do 50 box jumps with a 24-inch box, 50 jumping pullups, 50 kettlebell swings (54 #), 50 walking lunge steps, 50 knees to elbows, 50 reps of push press with 45 pounds, 50 back extensions (45 # bar), 50 wallballs using a 20-pound ball, 50 burpees (dropping all the way to the floor), 50 double-unders.

My filthy 50 time came in at 23 minutes last week. This last month I made really good improvements overall in core strength, agility, speed, and stamina so think this goal will be possible. Those knees to elbows are REALLY good ab exercises. I am still sore on them a little today, 4 days later. :)

I think I will measure the progress by slotting in this workout once a week and recording the time.

Good morning December Challengers! I am in again this month for 100 miles and gonna start planks and squats. Now to look up a plank challenge to see what it consist of.

I'm about to post a plank challenge since several of us want to do it. gimme a sec :)

Oh yeah, I also plan on starting this planking challenge. Lord help me!

Good morning December Challengers! I am in again this month for 100 miles and gonna start planks and squats. Now to look up a plank challenge to see what it consist of.

And here we go fellow plankers:

http://www.bariatricpal.com/topic/289790-30-day-plank-challenge-who-is-in-for-this-one/

You could download map my run or map my ride on your smart phone. Both are the same. They will track your distance and speed whether biking, walking or running.

I'll look them up. Thanks :)

What is the planking challange?

The bad thing about posting links is that they aren't working on the mobile apps.

4 miles starting out and day 1 plank done!

And thanks for the plank challenge Gamergirl!

Ok started out with 4 miles today, 1 strength session and 1 yoga session. Guess what I'm pretty good at the yoga stuff, this may be my favorite thing to do at the gym. I will try your plank challenge GG, Lord help me!

Ok I'm adding 2.5 miles for a total of 6.5 miles today. Have a great evening!

Started out toward my DEC goal today with a travel workout (vacation cross fit box closed today)

Warmup-

3 min plank

1/2 mile run

4 rounds:

10 pushups

10 air squats

10 sit ups

30 min mobility - mashed IT, gluts w/ lacrosse ball. Very sore and tight from 7 hours of car ride yesterday.

"Deck of cards" workout- with following exercises:

Pushups

Jumping lunges

Burpees

Air lunges

Joker #1- 100 jumping jacks

Joker #2 - 1/2 mile sprint

Time: 26 min

For those wondering, deck of cards workout has a different exercise assigned to each face card. You do as many reps as number on card. Cycle through all cards until no cards left.

Downloaded a new app to help with this workout. Special thanks to my wife for pressing the button and calling out the exercises. And motivating me. :)

Good app, but randomness was grueling, especially with 10 burpee sets, sometimes 2 in a row. And the joker cards were separated by 2 cards near the end, when I was dieing. :) Anyways, glad to have my wife helping as I would probably give up 1/2 way through.

I'm going to go to the gym 5 days a week.

I'm also going to do the planking challenge.

What is the planking challange?

Hi there! Here's another thread where I posted how to do it. It's under fitness and challenge and if has a handy dandy calendar that shows us how long to plank each day.

Started out toward my DEC goal today with a travel workout (vacation cross fit box closed today) Warmup- 3 min plank 1/2 mile run 4 rounds: 10 pushups 10 air squats 10 sit ups 30 min mobility - mashed IT, gluts w/ lacrosse ball. Very sore and tight from 7 hours of car ride yesterday. "Deck of cards" workout- with following exercises: Pushups Jumping lunges Burpees Air lunges Joker #1- 100 jumping jacks Joker #2 - 1/2 mile sprint Time: 26 min For those wondering, deck of cards workout has a different exercise assigned to each face card. You do as many reps as number on card. Cycle through all cards until no cards left. Downloaded a new app to help with this workout. Special thanks to my wife for pressing the button and calling out the exercises. And motivating me. :) Good app, but randomness was grueling, especially with 10 burpee sets, sometimes 2 in a row. And the joker cards were separated by 2 cards near the end, when I was dieing. :) Anyways, glad to have my wife helping as I would probably give up 1/2 way through.

Fiddle how's her c25k coming along?