Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Fitness Challenge

Hey folks. It's time for the December addition of the monthly fitness challenge. For those of you unfamiliar, the goal is to set a specific fitness goal for yourself, and then go for it. The goal should be specific and measurable, so that you can keep a running log here toward your progress. Some common goals are xxx miles run/walked/bicycled over the course of the month....xx hours on the elliptical, stationary bike..... xx workouts per week or xx hours spent exercising per week. Whatever you want, so long as it is specific and measurable.

Start off by introducing yourself and stating your specific goal...then come here each day or as often as you'd like and update your progress for the month.

The whole point is to set a goal that is slightly above your comfort level....one you have to push yourself a little to achieve. But whatever your goal, the success will come for reaching for it....whether you make it or not is irrelevant. We all have setbacks...we get sick, injured or just plain busy. If that happens, don't give up. Just amend your goal and continue on till the end of the month. This challenge will carry is right into the new year and hopefully by the time it's over all of us will be breathing easier and feeling better from the activity.

Ok....I'll start. My goals for December are to run 120 miles, swim 9000 meters and do 1500 walking lunges.

My goal is to walk 25 miles, ride 25 miles and get my basement picked up and painted to prepare to lay down the laminate flooring.

My goal is to get 50 miles, keep planking and try some ab work if I can. Most importantly, my goal is not to pver do it and cause a flare up.

My goal is to get 50 miles, keep planking and try some ab work if I can. Most importantly, my goal is not to pver do it and cause a flare up.

Gamegirl, I am holding you to the last sentence.

Gamegirl, I am holding you to the last sentence.

You had to pick the hardest thing to hold me accountable for didn't you? :P thank you :)

My goal is to participate in the new "Insanity" workout that is starting tomorrow, at least 15 times this month. I haven't worked out in a few months so my "insanity" will probably look more like "Mildly Disturbed" but ya gotta start somewhere! This, combined with diet, I would like to acheive the goal of 10-15 lbs lost by New Year's.

I am in again of course! My goal this month is 130 miles walking/biking. I also plan to get started back with trail hiking by doing 1 hike minimum this month but shoot for more. This is something I used to enjoy and really miss. One day, I want to go on a nice long backpacking trip, but day hikes will have to do for now.

I am also in for December. I will need to adjust my goals since surgery has finally been scheduled for December 23rd. Even so, I would like to shoot for 100 miles on my recumbent bike. Hopefully the sciatica will stay in check and allow me to exercise regularly

I'm in for December. My goal is 12 hours of exercise for the month and doing ab work every week. I'd love to lose another size by the new year : )

I'm in again but I changing it a bit. I don't have a pedometer sooo idk how many miles I was walking/biking.

50 hours of walking/biking

2 days a week MMA

Planking challenge

Oh yeah, I also plan on starting this planking challenge. Lord help me!

Good morning December Challengers! I am in again this month for 100 miles and gonna start planks and squats. Now to look up a plank challenge to see what it consist of.

Oh yeah, I also plan on starting this planking challenge. Lord help me!

Haha...if I can do it I KNOW you can! You're waaaayyy more fit than me!!! :-P

I'm in again but I changing it a bit. I don't have a pedometer sooo idk how many miles I was walking/biking. 50 hours of walking/biking 2 days a week MMA Planking challenge

You could download map my run or map my ride on your smart phone. Both are the same. They will track your distance and speed whether biking, walking or running.