Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

10 Days Until Lower Body Lift!

Hi All,

Hard to believe it's been almost 3 years since I had my sleeve gastrectomy! My lower body lift surgery is scheduled for Monday, December 9th. I'm going to cosmed Clinic in Tijuana with Dr. Quiroz as my surgeon. I am having a lower body lift (includes brazilian butt lift) plus Lipo in my arms and thighs. I will be staying at the recovery hotel boutique in the Cosmed facility for 8 days following surgery so that I'll be well taken care of by round the clock nursing staff.

Part of me is excited and the other part is filled with dread over having to undergo another major surgery (I had a breast reduction done on July 1st, which to tell the truth was WAY more painful and slow recovery than I had anticipated, and as well I had a major post-op complication that will likely require reconstructive surgery next year). I just want to get this procedure over with, though, so the lower half of my torso is in line with my new perky ta-tas.

I know I'll need a thigh lift and arm lift in the future as well, but one step at a time....

I did a lot of research and know there were some complaints about Dr Quiroz, but also there are many fans of his, and the Cosmed Clinic is state of the art. I do know he knows how to deal with bariatric patients, and I really liked him during the phone consult. So far his staff has been really great, too.

I'll post some pics a few weeks after the surgery. Wish me luck! If anyone has had surgery with Dr. Quiroz or at the Cosmed Clinic and has advice for me, I'm all ears! :)

Best,

Kris

Good luck! I hope all of it goes very well and that you have a smooth recovery.

And as you know, all of us always want to see pictures because we're ghoulish like that :P and also because they are so encouraging. :)

Hi Kris, i have heard that breast reductions are tougher then augmentations.

I am almost 7 weeks out from a Lower body lift, breast aug/lift, arm lift and small thigh lift. I didn't have any Lipo.< /p>

Recovery has been tough but not particularly painful. I think just being mentally prepared ... that recovery is a slow process... two steps forward and a half a step back kind of thing. My swelling hasn't been too bad, but that does happen with the lower body lifts sometimes.

Wishing you good luck and a speedy recovery!

Hi Ladies, thanks for the encouragement!

Cowgirl Jane, I read about your surgery, and am SO impressed with your weight loss and your plastic surgery outcome! You look fantastic! I am now wishing I had gone ahead and gotten the arm lift along with everything else, but man, that is a LOT of surgery you went through! You must be extremely tough!

May I ask, how much weight did you lose after your plastic surgery? Have you lost a clothes size? After my breast reduction I lost 10 lbs (nearly 2 lbs. from the surgery itself, and then 8 lbs. in the month following surgery, due to my appetite being very low, and I craved a lot of healthy foods). I am hoping that happens again. I figure I'm going to lose at least 5 - 6 lbs. from the skin & fat removal, and expect my appetite will be low again after surgery, so it's possible I'll FINALLY hit goal weight at long last as a result of this surgery. That would be a great Christmas present for sure!

I am planning to treat myself to a vacation in Cancun at the end of March so I have something to look forward to on those days when I'm wondering why in the H*LL I went through all the pain of the surgery, LOL.

Best,

Kris

Edited by Kris

I wish you the best of luck!! Please keep us posted and let us know how you are doing!

Sheena :)

Hi Ladies, thanks for the encouragement!

Cowgirl Jane, I read about your surgery, and am SO impressed with your weight loss and your plastic surgery outcome! You look fantastic! I am now wishing I had gone ahead and gotten the arm lift along with everything else, but man, that is a LOT of surgery you went through! You must be extremely tough!

May I ask, how much weight did you lose after your plastic surgery? Have you lost a clothes size? After my breast reduction I lost 10 lbs (nearly 2 lbs. from the surgery itself, and then 8 lbs. in the month following surgery, due to my appetite being very low, and I craved a lot of healthy foods). I am hoping that happens again. I figure I'm going to lose at least 5 - 6 lbs. from the skin & fat removal, and expect my appetite will be low again after surgery, so it's possible I'll FINALLY hit goal weight at long last as a result of this surgery. That would be a great Christmas present for sure!

I am planning to treat myself to a vacation in Cancun at the end of March so I have something to look forward to on those days when I'm wondering why in the H*LL I went through all the pain of the surgery, LOL.

Best,

Kris

Kris,

My personal experience is that it wasn't the pain so much that gets you down... it's everything else! I have heard that Lipo is kinda painful though.

I now weigh the same as when I had surgery and since I just started exercise, I do have a little swelling. I came home heavier - I gained quite a bit of Water weight. Maybe it is because i lost about 8 pounds in the month before surgery, I am not sure. Everyone is different - many lose, but i didn't. He removed 5.5# of skin but said i didn't have enough fat to lipo.

I think those 5# will show up on the scale once i no longer have swelling.

I also didn't lose my appetite - I was very hungry. I was so glad I brought my Protein drinks. Again, I am an anomoly I guess.

I didn't lose a full clothing size - yet, but my 8 pants (non stretch, standard brand sizing) fit me much better and are loose in the waist now. Before I always had to buy clothes that didn't make my skin spill out and that problem is eliminated everywhere except my side boobs (I didn't have surgery to correct that). My top size is the same, but oddly my bra band is shrunk even though i didn't have any surgery there. Somethings have redistributed and I now have a much more curvy/proportioned figure.

And yes, I had a lot done at once. It is probably a good thing because I don't plan to go back for more anytime soon. I do love my results though. :)

Good luck!