Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Honest Answers Only!

We won't scream and yell... we just want all to do your best and try hard to succees!

I had 12 days of Protein shakes and 2 days of clear liquids. I did not cheat and my surgeon said my liver was impeccable, which made the surgery a breeze and also resulted in less time under anesthesia. I am not judging anyone's decision but for me the day I started the pre-op die, was the day I committed to a new lifestyle where food was no longer the center of my universe. It wasn't as bad as I thought, and I was NOT physically hungry. I felt good and lost 14lbs. In all honesty, the first week post-op clear liquids diet was a lot worse, but also necessary for safety reasons. I say if you are not ready to stick to the pre-op diet, maybe you might consider postponing this life changing surgery until you are ready to commit. Best of luck to everyone!

2 weeks from surgery super nervous any suggestions for the nervousness

2 weeks from surgery super nervous any suggestions for the nervousness

Best thing is keep yourself busy and focused on your ultimate goal.

Best of luck to you Kimy!! You'll do great!

I didn't have to a pre op diet. I was allowed to eat until 11:59PM the day before surgery. What did I eat? Well it was my brothers engagement party so lots of food. Last time I are was 9:30PM and I had Pasta, eggplant, bread and coke. Lol .. But every doctor is different. Follow his diet or he might not do ur surgery

Susy...

There is no right answer to cheating. Try hard. Try hard every day. If you cheat a lot you can't win.

Listen, there is no way around getting "detoxed". You need to get 3/4/5 "clean" eating days to get the crap outa your system... Then (at least for me) it gets easier. If I can stay away from my triggers for a number of days, I don't crave them any more. But if I (personally) cheat, I am in a VORTEX (cause it's cold) of cravings until I can detox again. For me, it HURTS to cheat!!!

My understanding is all pre op diets are different. My liquid only was for 2 days.. Thats it. I am 9 months out and down 180lbs,,, I had zero issues. Cant cheat now! Never every hungary and well I want to live!!!!!

It's not cheating because you are not getting an advantage out of it. Call it choosing to second-guess the surgical team that you are trusting to cut out most of your stomach. You chose them for a reason so why would you do that? If you get a leak or have a complication won't you always wonder if it was your fault? What will your spouse tell your kids if you don't make it and you were disobeying your surgeon?

I know it's hard going through the pre op. You just have to remember those pounds you lose before will be less pounds you have to lose after the surgery. Isn't that the reason for having the surgery to begin with. Please don't ever think you can't have some certain food again because you can after the surgery. It's just up to you to remember if that food is what got you to be obese in the first place. You are having this surgery for you and no one else, and the only person your cheating is yourself. Don't you want your colon and intestinal tract to be clean and your liver to be smaller when starting this new healthy lifestyle?

It is HARD but you can do it. You already took the hardest step in realizing that you need this surgery and accepting responsibility for what you have done to yourself. No more grieving, food will always be there. Good luck and stay true to yourself, don't let your brain lie to you anymore. You can do this. Believe in yourself the way we believe in you.

I know it's hard going through the pre op. You just have to remember those pounds you lose before will be less pounds you have to lose after the surgery. Isn't that the reason for having the surgery to begin with. Please don't ever think you can't have some certain food again because you can after the surgery. It's just up to you to remember if that food is what got you to be obese in the first place. You are having this surgery for you and no one else, and the only person your cheating is yourself. Don't you want your colon and intestinal tract to be clean and your liver to be smaller when starting this new healthy lifestyle?

It is HARD but you can do it. You already took the hardest step in realizing that you need this surgery and accepting responsibility for what you have done to yourself. No more grieving, food will always be there. Good luck and stay true to yourself, don't let your brain lie to you anymore. You can do this. Believe in yourself the way we believe in you.

Today is my last day pre-op. Surgery is tomorrow. I got low blood sugar once so I had an hard boiled egg. Other than that I didn't cheat. It's been a long 2 weeks. Ready to get the surgery done and over with.

I had no pre op diet at all just two days of fasting before surgery. I'm alarmed at how the nutritionist now tells you all this only works for a year and your pouch will expand. But I follow Gary Taubes and don't believe I'm calorie counting. It's working 5% Carbs 25-30 Protein and 65-70 fat. I am less hungry because of survey but this edit has me feeling great without starving myself