Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My Lunch: A Pictorial Attempt To Show You Life Will Be Normal

So another example of making do. Got stuck in RI airport and won't be making it home tonight. Flights all jacked up. Early dinner/snack? Starbucks Decaf iced soy latte with 2 servings of Protein Powder. 20 gms of Protein in my cup! Woot woot!

Wow! Way to make do GG!!

My dinner tonight. Hubby & I went to Gringos Mexican Restaurant and shared this. It's combo fajitas with 4 shrimp brochettes. I put mine on the little bread plate but wasn't even able to eat all of that.

post-168876-0-07425000-1386390157_thumb.jpg

Dinner: I have a concert to play in tonight and will have to eat between warm-up and performance. I decided to have a salad made from thin cabbage (I don't like lettuce), bell pepper, onion, 50 grams of ham, baby bel. Homemade dressing of rice wine vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil, and berry jam.

200 calories, 15 grams Protein

I'm also having 1/4 of a laddu and 1/4 of a barfi (Indian desserts) which you can see in the top of my cool salad bowl.

post-146075-0-34339400-1386393300_thumb.jpg

post-146075-0-14762800-1386393305_thumb.jpg

post-146075-0-75643800-1386393309_thumb.jpg

Today I had to attend a work Christmas lunch.. dinner is my left over meat (turkey, a slice of ham and some bacon) not very professionally presented!!

post-31631-0-95284500-1386441034_thumb.jpg

My husband just made an amazing lunch! Shrimp with tomatillos and cojito cheese. Have to run an errand but will post the recipe in the food section later.

post-180691-0-07293400-1386534846_thumb.jpg

That looks fabulous.. My lunch was delicious but resembled a dog's Breakfast. I didn't want to put anyone off.. Haggis and courgette (zucchini). Can't wait for your recipe gamergirl

Half a ribeye steak cooked in a little balsamic vinegar glaze and a knob of butter with half an avocado

post-31631-0-22572300-1386614894_thumb.jpg

Dinner: I have a concert to play in tonight and will have to eat between warm-up and performance. I decided to have a salad made from thin cabbage (I don't like lettuce), bell pepper, onion, 50 grams of ham, baby bel. Homemade dressing of rice wine vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil, and berry jam. <br><br> 200 calories, 15 grams Protein <br><br> I'm also having 1/4 of a laddu and 1/4 of a barfi (Indian desserts) which you can see in the top of my cool salad bowl.

How did you calculate the calories down to the rice wine? I'm having a hard time counting the smallest items that do not show serving sizes. Like vegetables.

What is this odd green concoction you ask? Only the BEST thing ever! We made a sugar free pistachio pudding with sugar free cool whip. Which would be just great right?

What if I told you we added Protein powder in it? Muahahaha! Unflavored Protein Powder. Can't even taste it.

post-180691-0-47100900-1386644211_thumb.jpg

Maybe I missed it but how far out of surgery are you game girl? I love this thread! I'm a "newborn" and my husband thinks I will never eat "normal" again. I'd lobe to show him this thread so it would be a helping some of you could share his far post op with your delicious creations.

Edited by LuminousLife

Maybe I missed it but how far out of surgery are you game girl? I love this thread!

I'm four months out so cleared to eat almost everything except I haven't dared too many raw veggies. Are you going to post your meals luminous?

Edited by gamergirl

Maybe I missed it but how far out of surgery are you game girl? I love this thread! I'm a "newborn" and my husband thinks I will never eat "normal" again. I'd lobe to show him this thread so it would be a helping some of you could share his far post op with your delicious creations.

Tell your husband to spend some time on my blog at www.sleevers.wordpress.com and see the recipes I share. Ask him to look at any piece of meat or any vegetable, and tell him you will soon be eating those. It's very normal eating, some of us just choose to stay away from carbs, and all of us are expected to stay away from junk like real sugar, chips etc.