Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Nov 2013 Sleevers Progress So Far...

4 Weeks post-op today. A few days ago when I posted I was at 299. Now I'm at 297! Time to put the scale away for another week. I honestly think part of my problem (as far as scale not moving very fast) is that I only have a BM once every 3-5 days. I think I need to start integrating a daily Fiber supplement (I've heard some people take 1 tsp of ground flax seed per their nutritionist's instructions) or possibly starting a daily Miralax regimen to become more regular. I just feel like part of the reason I'm not losing very quickly is because I'm literally "full of it" :lol:

Had my surgery on 11/11/13. Went into surgery weighing 361 and now am at 330. I actually started my journey in July when I hit 395 and almost had to start blood pressure and cholesterol meds. I said enough is enough and hit the gym HARD. I've done this time and time again but always put it back on quick. Example 2 years ago I lost 65lbs and gained it all back in 4 months.

My wife had the surgery in January and is down 80lbs. That's all the motivation I needed.

I was just released to get back in the gym last week by my DR. Now it's GO TIME!!!

I had surgery on 11/11/13 and I've lost 28-30 pounds since starting my pre-op diet on 11/2/13. I am 50 so I was not expecting super fast results. I eat 600-800 cals each day with an occasional day of 1000 cals. I walk 12,000 steps (5.5 miles) most days (with 2.5-3 of it being a concerted effort on the treadmill and the rest just being "life.").

My body fat composition has dropped from 40% to 37% which is what I am highly focused on (rather than rapid weight loss). Best wishes to all!

Kelly! I know what you mean. I will be 5 weeks post op this coming Monday. I had to start using Metamucil, which hasn't helped. I don't even feel like I have to go. I'm 25 lbs down since surgery date and 40 since 2 week pre op diet. I know if I can just start releasing the excess..lol..things might be a little better and I won't feel so icky.

I use miralax every other day and it works miracles. I was badly constipated that i cried of pain. Miralax did the job. Sleeved Nov 8 and with preop im down 57lbs.

Hi everyone!

I had my sleeve done on 11/26/13....hw 318 sw 303 cw 279

Yippee! Lost a total of 39 pounds, 24 since surgery.

Love my Sleeve and my new life. :D

Edited by Amy VSG

Just a quick "poo" tip... try Ballerina tea, its sold on Amazon or your Asian marketplace. Its great, one cup of tea and thats all you need. I take a mug every three days, $3.99 a box. Taste good with just a bit of honey. I promise this works, no pain or ab work out needed to push either. Smooooth.... lol lol just a suggestion. Merry Christmas.

Sleeved on 11/6

HW:260

SW:242

CW:220

I would like to be losing more but I cannot get in more than one Protein Shake a day and I do not have enough energy to walk or exercise. I am 30 so I thought I would lose relatively fast. Only getting 500max calories a day. I am taking my Vitamins and trying to drink my Water.

Sleeved on 11/6 HW:260 SW:242 CW:220 I would like to be losing more but I cannot get in more than one Protein Shake a day and I do not have enough energy to walk or exercise. I am 30 so I thought I would lose relatively fast. Only getting 500max calories a day. I am taking my Vitamins and trying to drink my Water.< /p>

Karliy, I was sleeved on 11/29 and I had the same problem. The minute the shake hit my stomach I would immediately become nauseated and vomit. Sometimes I would feel the shake coming up my throat and try to choke it back down because I so desperately needed the protein! Couldn't get my fluids in because of the nausea either and honestly, I still don't get more than maybe 16 oz a day. I've had to tweak my diet a bit to include more water-containing foods, which I know isn't recommended, but I have found mushed up cucumber, cantaloupe and honeydew melons seem to stay down fairly well. I've also added Greek yogurt and lots and lots of tuna fish, which allows me to get the Protein in. I know I'm probably going to get a "shame on you!" from some of my friends here, but I simply had to make these changes on my own in order to stay out of the hospital. One thing I can say is that I think you need to up your calories a bit. I know it sounds counter-productive, but I wasn't losing ANY weight when I was getting 300-400 cals. a day. I think if you can try to bump those calories up to around 800-900, that scale is gonna fly! I eat 900 calories a day now, when I can, and I'm losing about a half a pound a day. Slow and steady wins the race, and you're going to win. I promise. Hang in there.

Not to jinx it but I think I broke out of my stall. I weighed on Sunday and I was finally down under 270!! I have been flexing between 272 and 275 for 2 1/2 weeks and almost screamed when I saw the scale! I hope this is not short lived and that it keeps moving. I am really sticking to good choices even with all of the parties and food. If I have to try something a have a single very small bite and then move on. Focusing on getting my Protein in and trying to up my calorie intake to 700-800. I still only get about 550-575 in a day. Loving this though, feeling the difference and seeing it dramatically in my clothes.

I think this time of year is hard too because of the alcohol. I have been trying to limit this but do enjoy a couple of vodka mixed drinks on occasion. Usually mixed with diet v8 or diet ruby red grapefruit also flavored water is good and no calories!

Sleeved on 11/6 HW:260 SW:242 CW:220 I would like to be losing more but I cannot get in more than one Protein shake a day and I do not have enough energy to walk or exercise. I am 30 so I thought I would lose relatively fast. Only getting 500max calories a day. I am taking my Vitamins and trying to drink my Water.

Karliy, I was sleeved on 11/29 and I had the same problem. The minute the shake hit my stomach I would immediately become nauseated and vomit. Sometimes I would feel the shake coming up my throat and try to choke it back down because I so desperately needed the protein! Couldn't get my fluids in because of the nausea either and honestly, I still don't get more than maybe 16 oz a day. I've had to tweak my diet a bit to include more water-containing foods, which I know isn't recommended, but I have found mushed up cucumber, cantaloupe and honeydew melons seem to stay down fairly well. I've also added Greek yogurt and lots and lots of tuna fish, which allows me to get the Protein in. I know I'm probably going to get a "shame on you!" from some of my friends here, but I simply had to make these changes on my own in order to stay out of the hospital. One thing I can say is that I think you need to up your calories a bit. I know it sounds counter-productive, but I wasn't losing ANY weight when I was getting 300-400 cals. a day. I think if you can try to bump those calories up to around 800-900, that scale is gonna fly! I eat 900 calories a day now, when I can, and I'm losing about a half a pound a day. Slow and steady wins the race, and you're going to win. I promise. Hang in there.
Thanks for your encouragement! I upped my calories as much as I could yesterday and almost hit 800 cals! Luckily I have not ever thrown up since surgery ( knock on wood) lol. So I will just keep doing what I can and be content!

Hello all NOV sleevers... Keep the updates coming. I like to hear how everyone's doing. I will be 2 months out tomorrow. Time has sure flew by. I cant believe im already at this point. I am doing very well and pretty much have since the beginning. I am now at 193 from 221 on Nov 4th 2013. I have no problem eating or drinking. I am not the best at drinking all the Water I need. But Im doing good. I still need to get exercise in, especially because I want to gain muscle. But I just cant talk myself in to doing it as of yet. I am thankful for this year and so ready for 2014 and all the great changes i will bring to myself!!!

I'm so happy to hear everyone's progress. I am surprised how quickly time is flying. I too struggle with my Water intake and getting in enough calories and Protein but every day is a new beginning. I had surgery Nov 8. My HW was 232, SW was 222, CW is 198. Losing slowly but I'm losing and that's what counts. I hope to hear more success stories. Good luck y'all!