Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Nov 2013 Sleevers Progress So Far...

It's been almost 4 weeks since surgery. I'm doing great, all except that I itch all the time. I thought it was just dry skin but I've been using a lot of moisturizer and still itch, especially on my chest. I take a Benedrill every night so stop the itching long enough to sleep. Anybody else have this problem?

It's been almost 4 weeks since surgery. I'm doing great, all except that I itch all the time. I thought it was just dry skin but I've been using a lot of moisturizer and still itch, especially on my chest. I take a Benedrill every night so stop the itching long enough to sleep. Anybody else have this problem?

Are you still taking pain medications? After surgeries, I normally itch like crazy. I don't know if it's from the anesthesia, pain meds or antibiotics but mine goes away once I am finished with all the meds.

I only took the pain medication for 4 days. Haven't taken it since then.

There are some gall bladder issues that cause itching. (Cholelithiasis?) Just make sure your doc knows about it.

Is it where u sweat or just all over?

I was sleeved 11/21 so about 4 weeks post op.

Highest weight 334

surgery weight 316

current weight 299

Finally broke out of those 300's!! At first I thought "Oh that's only 17 lbs since the surgery I've lost" but that's in only 4 weeks - that's over 4 lbs per week!! I will take that!!

I am still in my stall and it is frustrating but I am seeing loss in inches. I am wearing clothes and jewelry that I have not fit into in years. I really wanted to be under 250 for the new year but it does not look like that is going to happen. I really wish I could work out! Stupid ankle! I have been walking and taking the stairs at work. Hoping the stall will end soon it's been two weeks now.

Surgery date 11/6 down 32 pounds total which includes pre-op. I had my hubby hide my scale. In a stall up and down same 2 pounds.

I had my surgery on 11/11/13, have lost 19.7 lbs so far, it is sometimes frustrating when nothing happens for 4 - 5 days and then I will start to lose small amounts. With reading all of these posts, I have found that there's no normal to the amount of weight loss. We are all losing something, some of us are taking longer than others but we are all making progress. The stalls are going to happen and we have to remember that we aren't eating what we used to. We CAN'T let the scale take over our feelings of progress. Way to go my fellow sleevers. One question, has anyone had issues where they eat something they've eating before without a problem and the same amount as previously and they feel the fullness in their throat until they get sick. I've done this about 4 different times and it's usually not food, just phlegm. Some days food just doesn't go down as well. Let me know if you've experienced this.

<p> It's been almost 4 weeks since surgery. I'm doing great, all except that I itch all the time. I thought it was just dry skin but I've been using a lot of moisturizer and still itch, especially on my chest. I take a Benedrill every night so stop the itching long enough to sleep. Anybody else have this problem?</p>

I had the same problem. I'm 5 weeks post op and it took 2-3 weeks to stop itching. The Benadryl helped. My doctor said it has something to do with ketosis. I also started taking an extra dose of Vitamin E

As far as the itching goes it happens because you are healing. I had my surgery on 11-18-13 and I've noticed over the last 10 days or so that I am itching near all my incision areas. It's happened with every surgery I've had.

Down 38 lbs and that includes the 15 lb pre op diet. I have learned the scale is my enemy that I want to keep closer :( Can't stand it but I'm happy when my number continues to go down. But it's time to put away except on Mondays. Average daily intake is 500-550 calories. Been getting at least 60 Protein with help of 2 shakes a day. Water about 40 oz but that doesn't include Protein Drink. 2 oz per meal. Starting to feel like I can eat a little more because I don't feel as full with 2 oz as I did a few weeks ago but I don't want to go beyond that right now. Hanging on my doctors orders. Been getting in the treadmill every other day over last few weeks. Taking my Multi Vitamins a few times a day. calcium chews also. Plus a good probiotic. Still dealing with the big question. Am I ever going to poo again? I don't even feel like I have to. Is that normal? :/ Anyway, I wish everyone luck. We didn't get heavy in one day so be patient. Chins up :)

Hi all, I was sleeved on 11/5, down 40lbs so far but I'm at a stall. I used to wake up and be a 1lb smaller. Overall still in awe over my sleeve. She has a mind of her own (and I named it). Her name is Whitley and she is very picky on what we eat

As far as the itching goes it happens because you are healing. I had my surgery on 11-18-13 and I've noticed over the last 10 days or so that I am itching near all my incision areas. It's happened with every surgery I've had.

Down 38 lbs and that includes the 15 lb pre op diet. I have learned the scale is my enemy that I want to keep closer :( Can't stand it but I'm happy when my number continues to go down. But it's time to put away except on Mondays. Average daily intake is 500-550 calories. Been getting at least 60 Protein with help of 2 shakes a day. Water about 40 oz but that doesn't include Protein drink. 2 oz per meal. Starting to feel like I can eat a little more because I don't feel as full with 2 oz as I did a few weeks ago but I don't want to go beyond that right now. Hanging on my doctors orders. Been getting in the treadmill every other day over last few weeks. Taking my multi Vitamins a few times a day. calcium chews also. Plus a good probiotic. Still dealing with the big question. Am I ever going to poo again? I don't even feel like I have to. Is that normal? :/ Anyway, I wish everyone luck. We didn't get heavy in one day so be patient. Chins up :)

You sound exactly like me. I don't even have a scale I just use the one at Publix so that I do not have to be obsessive about weighing myself. I try to check once a week but no more than 1 time every 5 days. I have moved to one shake a day for 30 grams of protein and then try to do ground lean turkey breast, turkey, chicken, tuna, cottage cheese but I can only do about 2 oz sometimes 3 oz. taking all my Vitamins, no problems with my bowels however I have seen quite a few people having issues with that. Thanks for the encouraging words!

It's time to move this thread to the monthly support forum so you all can get even more support. I will make the change for you. :)

It's time to move this thread to the monthly support forum so you all can get even more support. I will make the change for you. :)

Thanks appreciate it:)