Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Nov 2013 Sleevers Progress So Far...

Sleeved the 19th

I went for two week apt last Wednesday and was down 35 lbs from start pre op diet, 20 since surgery. I am still on pureed diet for another week and a half. I am amazed at how much some of you can eat. I am still on mostly Protein shakes with s/f Jello, popsicles, yogurt, and pudding. Cream Soups are good too but only get about 3 to 4 oz down. I do use the laughing cow cheese in the cream Soups which is good. I did make some turkey Soup from Tday bones and that has been really good pureed too. I have tried eggs with the laughing cow cheese but I only get about 1/4 of an egg in. I am very happy with all of this though. I'm not hungry so I make a 8 oz. shake in the am, this takes me until around 11 am to drink, then I have 3 oz of Jello or yogurt, 2-3 hours later I have some pudding or cottage cheese, then maybe a popsicle. About that time I head home (5pm) make another 4 oz Protein Shake and have something for dinner, pureed or cream Soup, usually a couple more popsicles or some jello and that's it. I drink all day but still not sure I hit 60 oz of Fluid. This plus my Vitamins is all I can do.

I have no problems with nausea, Constipation or vomiting. I do miss regular food but my energy is so high! Especially because I started Vitamins on Thursday. I wake up at 5 am and am up until 11 or 12 at night. I clean constantly and walk and walk. I used to drag myself out of bed at 6 am go to work and fall asleep all day at my desk, come home and sit on the couch until I went to bed at 8 or 9 (or fell asleep on the couch).

Cross my fingers no stall yet but that may come when my diet changes to soft diet as my calorie intake will increase but really I'm ok with eating what I am because the scale keeps moving! I track every single thing I put in my mouth and am actually becoming obsessed with losing!

UPDATE: I'm excited to say I'm now under 200 pounds. :) 199.8 to be exact!!! When I first started this journey In Jan of this year I weighed 251. I would of never thought I would be under 200 again, and I know I wouldn't have been if it wasn't for the sleeve. I am very happy and doing well. Almost 5 weeks post op. 21 pounds lost since surgery!

Glad your stall is over and congrats on being under 200! I can't wait to hit that benchmark! I am trying to be under 250 for the new year, I have 22 lbs to go so may have to step it up but think I can make it! I too am so happy with this decision, it was right for me and I think will help me live a lot longer! Again so happy for you and you should be proud of yourself!

Sleeved the 19th I went for two week apt last Wednesday and was down 35 lbs from start pre op diet, 20 since surgery. I am still on pureed diet for another week and a half. I am amazed at how much some of you can eat. I am still on mostly Protein Shakes with s/f Jello, popsicles, yogurt, and pudding. Cream Soups are good too but only get about 3 to 4 oz down. I do use the laughing cow cheese in the cream soups which is good. I did make some turkey Soup from Tday bones and that has been really good pureed too. I have tried eggs with the laughing cow cheese but I only get about 1/4 of an egg in. I am very happy with all of this though. I'm not hungry so I make a 8 oz. shake in the am, this takes me until around 11 am to drink, then I have 3 oz of jello or yogurt, 2-3 hours later I have some pudding or cottage cheese, then maybe a popsicle. About that time I head home (5pm) make another 4 oz Protein Shake and have something for dinner, pureed or cream soup, usually a couple more popsicles or some jello and that's it. I drink all day but still not sure I hit 60 oz of Fluid. This plus my Vitamins is all I can do. I have no problems with nausea, Constipation or vomiting. I do miss regular food but my energy is so high! Especially because I started vitamins on Thursday. I wake up at 5 am and am up until 11 or 12 at night. I clean constantly and walk and walk. I used to drag myself out of bed at 6 am go to work and fall asleep all day at my desk, come home and sit on the couch until I went to bed at 8 or 9 (or fell asleep on the couch). Cross my fingers no stall yet but that may come when my diet changes to soft diet as my calorie intake will increase but really I'm ok with eating what I am because the scale keeps moving! I track every single thing I put in my mouth and am actually becoming obsessed with losing!

Wow Cathy I was sleeved same day! But I'm eating regular already as 11 days after had to travel and could not purée all my food but it's been no problem. Trying to eat slower and eating much much less. I had lost 30 my first two weeks and didn't do a pre op diet at all. I'm working out regular 30 minutes Cardio a day. I still just have my 50 gram Isopure shake at lunch and a cup of eggs for Breakfast. Dinner I cook my own fish in the hotel and getting over 100 grams of Protein a day ( I was told get 90). I'd love to keep up with you if on my fitness pal I'm tonydepalma there. All the best

Sleeved the 19th

I went for two week apt last Wednesday and was down 35 lbs from start pre op diet, 20 since surgery. I am still on pureed diet for another week and a half. I am amazed at how much some of you can eat. I am still on mostly Protein shakes with s/f Jello, popsicles, yogurt, and pudding. Cream Soups are good too but only get about 3 to 4 oz down. I do use the laughing cow cheese in the cream soups which is good. I did make some turkey Soup from Tday bones and that has been really good pureed too. I have tried eggs with the laughing cow cheese but I only get about 1/4 of an egg in. I am very happy with all of this though. I'm not hungry so I make a 8 oz. shake in the am, this takes me until around 11 am to drink, then I have 3 oz of Jello or yogurt, 2-3 hours later I have some pudding or cottage cheese, then maybe a popsicle. About that time I head home (5pm) make another 4 oz Protein Shake and have something for dinner, pureed or cream soup, usually a couple more popsicles or some jello and that's it. I drink all day but still not sure I hit 60 oz of Fluid. This plus my Vitamins is all I can do.

I have no problems with nausea, Constipation or vomiting. I do miss regular food but my energy is so high! Especially because I started Vitamins on Thursday. I wake up at 5 am and am up until 11 or 12 at night. I clean constantly and walk and walk. I used to drag myself out of bed at 6 am go to work and fall asleep all day at my desk, come home and sit on the couch until I went to bed at 8 or 9 (or fell asleep on the couch).

Cross my fingers no stall yet but that may come when my diet changes to soft diet as my calorie intake will increase but really I'm ok with eating what I am because the scale keeps moving! I track every single thing I put in my mouth and am actually becoming obsessed with losing!

Cathy I am the same way with the energy. It all the sudden a few days after the surgery went through the roof. I hope it lasts. I was sleeved on 11/26 and still have a few more days of the clear Liquid Protein diet. My husband was sleeved 2 days ago. We just came back from a walk. I am not allowed to go to gym until Tuesday but have been walking walking and more walking.

I had my sleeve on 11/22, so I'm two weeks out. At my ten day appointment, I was down 20 pounds. So far I've been complication-free, knock on wood. Looking forward to down the road. . .

I had my sleeve on 11/26 and am now down a total of 36.5 lbs from pre-op. I still can hardly eat anything, but did manage about 1/3 c of garbanzo Beans last night and a bite of a soy Italian sausage. Talk about yummy! It felt so good to have some actual flavor.

I go back to work next week so am stocking up on hummus, chicken salad, egg salad, and a few other things to puree. I'll take some applesauce but will still rely on Protein shakes and yogurt for most Protein, I think.

Energy is good today; yesterday I took a 2 hr nap after a half hour walk! Hope that doesn't continue.... but am sure it won't.

Be well, everyone, and congrats to all.

Gelica, YOU ARE NOT ALONE!!! i have struggled so much myself. I was sleeved on nov 19 and while i was doing fabulously, i hit a wall last week. I regressed from puree to Clear liquids. It was awful. I was so dehydrated. I am still struggling to get my strength back. I have total. buyers remorse right now. I want to chug diet coke and eat a bag of chips yet i cant even chew food and swallow it right now, im back to pureed. I cant work, i am in a mental fog. I know how u are feeling. I also got esophageal thrush and that was MISERABLE. U will get better everyday. Take it slow and remember u are not alone. I want to hug u!! Xoxo.

Pre surgical diet nov 11 weight 329

Surgery nov 18 weight 321

Current weight 299.6

I was sleeved on 11/21 and started pureed today. So far I've been able to eat 1/2 of a scrambled egg this morning and about a cup of tuna salad for lunch. I lost 10lbs pre-op and love lost 11lbs since surgery for s total of 21lbs. Went back to work last week and feel great.

Hey everyone out there!!

I'm Shannon. My surgery was 11/26 in Tupelo, MS. I was 319 the week before surgery and am 292 today! I can already see changes in my body-- my skin is clearer, my jeans are looser and .... I have ankles! I am so incredibly excited about this journey. I feel better today than I have in probably 5 years.

Surgery was not as bad as I thought it would be. I pretty much slept and walked the whole time I was in the hospital (not at the same time...) Once home, I found sleeping on a sofa was much easier than a bed-- lower to the ground, something to hold on to to help roll over. My skin incisions have been a little uncomfortable, but I found than wearing a wide belt helps a great deal when I walk. And speaking of walking, I think that for me it has been the key. I walked about 2/3 mile the first day I was home (11/28 ) and have gone a little farther every time I'm out. I have walked twice daily most days and am up to about 3 miles total in a day. It has helped the gas/bloating tremendously and also makes me feel that good kind of tired so that I rest well when I need to.

food has been interesting. Found a great pre-made Protein shake- brand is Iconic- 20 G protein, 130 calories for 11 oz. I also bought a tub of unflavored Protein Powder and sneak a little into almost everything I eat - being careful to add only to cold items or hot items that have cooled to less than 130 degrees, as not to denature the protein. Cold Water tastes so good, something that never would have been uttered by me preop. But I've been experimenting with things like ham stock + puréed purple hull peas + turkey baby food and a scoop of unflavored protein powder-- oh so good and flavorful, with around 20 grams of protein from something besides a sweet Protein Shake. My only real aversion/taste change has been a drastic one-- I have always - ALWAYS - been a pot per day black coffee drinker. Now it tastes like licking the bottom of an old ashtray. Who would've thought?

I have told pretty much everybody about what I'm doing/ have done and have received nothing but the most awesome support. I commend all of us for making such a bold and powerful decision. Every day is so very precious! Let's do our very best!

Edited by Sdobbs

What are you eating at this point? Need some ideas!

I'm eating soft boiled eggs, scrambled eggs, Soups, meatballs really anything soft or mushy. I think th trick is how it's cooked; you don't want to over cook. Steaming is great. I have Protein Drinks (Atkins), Greek yogurt with finely chopped fruits, I juice lots of fruits and veggies, tuna salad, super thin turkey burgers with cheese and mustard. I can't down whole salads so I juice it in my ninjas with spanish and banana to sweeten it up. I make sugar free cheese cake with no crust in cupcake paper foils etc... graphics a cook book and look at all recipes and ask yourself how can I change the recipe to be Atkins like or sugar free. Oh, the other day I wanted fish taco so I grilled mozzarella cheese in a pan so it gets kind of crunchy and added seasoned spicy tuna with a spinach, Tomato, Verde salsa on top it sour cream and cheese. Rember I'm still eating 1/3 of a taco or 3 bites. I hope this helps. Merry Christmas!

I had surgery 11/6 and am down 22# which I think is great but I guess I'm a slower loser looking at some people losses. I am hopefully out of the dreaded stall. Fingers crossed

I know everyone losses differently. It's frustrating to see it.

I think the stalls are the worst. I have to force myself not to weight because it makes me upset

I had surgery 11/6 and am down 22# which I think is great but I guess I'm a slower loser looking at some people losses. I am hopefully out of the dreaded stall. Fingers crossed

I know everyone losses differently. It's frustrating to see it.

I think the stalls are the worst. I have to force myself not to weight because it makes me upset

I'm there with u! 5 wks and 2 days. 32 lbs so far! Just broke a stall!

Ready to break my stall!!!! Sleeved nov 6 and down 15 lbs. stalled for about 2 1/2 weeks. But I would rather lose slower anyway. I'm seeing wrinkles where I had a double chin. Lol. I started with lower bmi of 35 with a couple co morbids. I hit onderland shortly after surgery.

Gelica, YOU ARE NOT ALONE!!! i have struggled so much myself. I was sleeved on nov 19 and while i was doing fabulously, i hit a wall last week. I regressed from puree to Clear Liquids. It was awful. I was so dehydrated. I am still struggling to get my strength back. I have total. buyers remorse right now. I want to chug diet coke and eat a bag of chips yet i cant even chew food and swallow it right now, im back to pureed. I cant work, i am in a mental fog. I know how u are feeling. I also got esophageal thrush and that was MISERABLE. U will get better everyday. Take it slow and remember u are not alone. I want to hug u!! Xoxo.

Pre surgical diet nov 11 weight 329

Surgery nov 18 weight 321

Current weight 299.6

I am actually back in the hospital, I blacked out in the shower. So I called the dr he had me come to the er and get admitted. I can't keep anything down once I sit up.