Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The Food Police Were Out In Full Force Yesterday!

I did not assume you were eating crap. I totally understand the food (and everything else) police. People just think they are the masters of everything. The sister that I talked about is the one who has smoked for over 40 years. She is so judgmental of food but will go ballistic if someone questioned her smoking.

I just think we need to make sure our own houses are perfectly clean before we even venture into someone else's.

I believe this in all parts of our lives.

Not just food.

I totally agree... these days I am absolutely the most boring person that I know. I don't drink.. I don't do drugs.. I don't smoke.. I hardly eat.. hmmmm...

Since I was doing most of the cooking.....there was no one to tell me anything. I must admit, I'm more guilty of being the food police these days to others. When I see someone eating way too much of the nasty unhealthy food they shovel in their mouths....it's all I can do not to tell them how many calories they're eating. I have to bite my tongue because I don't want to be that person.

OMG please don't. I cannot STAND that either. My best friends sister n law is like that and I just wanna punch her in the face!!! She's ALWAYS been a scrawny (ugly-skinny) person and feels

It's her duty to let us all know about what we eat!!! Not that it matters to her. She eats what she wants and gains NOTHING

OMG please don't. I cannot STAND that either. My best friends sister n law is like that and I just wanna punch her in the face!!! She's ALWAYS been a scrawny (ugly-skinny) person and feels It's her duty to let us all know about what we eat!!! Not that it matters to her. She eats what she wants and gains NOTHING

Even if she kept her mouth shut I'd probably hate her just for being able to eat and stay skinny :P

Even if she kept her mouth shut I'd probably hate her just for being able to eat and stay skinny :P

Hah, that's about the only thing going for her - her personality sucks, she's rude, and extremely judgemental...sooo I guess since she doesn't have a shining personality like yours truly, she had to at least have something going for her ;-P

Since I have kept my surgery to myself with the exception of my husband on one of our sons, I did not get that at Thanksgiving. I did prepare our traditional dinner for 10. I enjoyed every minute of it and put on my plate turkey and everything else. I enjoyed every bite I took but only ate till I felt happy. I admit I sipped a very good Pinot Noir with my meal. We had a most excellent meal with my most cherished loved ones gathered around our table. I found that my food was the least thing I focused on. Life is getting more and more like that these days. Who knew?

It was so amazing that I could enjoy everything but scarfed nothing.

I am really beginning to think a corner has been turned. :)

Now if only I could master this just before bedtime head hunger….sigh…. :wacko:

OMG please don't. I cannot STAND that either. My best friends sister n law is like that and I just wanna punch her in the face!!! She's ALWAYS been a scrawny (ugly-skinny) person and feels

It's her duty to let us all know about what we eat!!! Not that it matters to her. She eats what she wants and gains NOTHING

One day, not too long after I got sleeved, one of my coworkers was blabbing in and on about how healthy he was eating and how he wanted to lose a few pounds. All the while I'm putting his lunch into my fitness pal to add up the calories. 1200! Jeezus it's hard not to say something. As time went on it got easier for me to go back to ignoring other people's plates.

One day, not too long after I got sleeved, one of my coworkers was blabbing in and on about how healthy he was eating and how he wanted to lose a few pounds. All the while I'm putting his lunch into my fitness pal to add up the calories. 1200! Jeezus it's hard not to say something. As time went on it got easier for me to go back to ignoring other people's plates.

Wow!!! 1200 at one meal!!?? And he was eating healthy!!?? I would hate to know what he are normally!!! Yea, that would bother me if someone were bragging about it and they weren't truly being healthy

Have you looked up the salads at chilis, pF Chang, California pizza kitchen, macaroni grill etc? The salads all have 1200 calories or more. Almost nothing in those places is low enough for one person to eat for one meal.

When I go out with friends who think "they'll just have a salad" I want to scream at them to look them up for calories, and order some nice salmon and broccoli already! So far I have (wo)manfully restrained myself.

We truly live in an obesogenic environment in this country.

Girl I think your blood sugar is low and you are seeing things... :P

Your probably right! Lol... right now I wish my low blood sugar would make me see a clean house and quiet well behaved children who clean their rooms. Wishfull thinking!

Have you looked up the salads at chilis, pF Chang, California pizza kitchen, macaroni grill etc? The salads all have 1200 calories or more. Almost nothing in those places is low enough for one person to eat for one meal.

When I go out with friends who think "they'll just have a salad" I want to scream at them to look them up for calories, and order some nice salmon and broccoli already! So far I have (wo)manfully restrained myself.

We truly live in an obesogenic environment in this country.

So for me, I will bring up in casual conversation the great thing about scouting a restaurant's nutritunal value. I might say, wow! I thought whatever I thought was a good choice to only find out its not. That's as far as I go. Whenever I make plans to meet friends, I alway send the link of the website so folks can look. What they do with it is up to them.

When I went shopping yesterday afternoon my favorite grocery store was packed (Santa was there from 3-6) so I left and was trying to decide where to shop. I was annoyed, and so I thought, "Oh, maybe I'll pick up some food at Pei Wei; their chicken is really soft and will break down easily" but fortunately did a little search on my phone on their "healthy" entrees…exactly what GG says. A serving is anywhere from 800-1200 calories, easily, even of the good stuff.

Granted, I can take a couple of ounces of chicken and vegetables and probably be fine, but then I'm still feeding that to my family, and THEY are eating 1200 calories (easily) at a sitting. So I headed over to the other grocery store and picked up stuff to cook. They didn't have a perfectly healthy meal either but I know that they were eating closer to 600 calories each than 1200. It's really quite amazing.

So interesting…I mean we drove from the Midwest to the mid-Atlantic coast and back this week and we stopped at places like Cracker Barrel and Bob Evans a couple of times. But the difference is, pretty much anywhere I can order a cup of chili or two scrambled eggs and be reasonably certain of the "damage" when I track them. If we hadn't been eating at places like that, and if I wasn't so tracking-focused, I might have just gone to Pei Wei and ordered a few Entrees to share. I'm really glad I took the time to look it up.

Since I was doing most of the cooking.....there was no one to tell me anything.

I must admit, I'm more guilty of being the food police these days to others. When I see someone eating way too much of the nasty unhealthy food they shovel in their mouths....it's all I can do not to tell them how many calories they're eating. I have to bite my tongue because I don't want to be that person.

Butter I felt the same way this Thanksgiving, seeing those plates piled to the heavens was really making me queasy. But I didn't want to be that girl either.

Butterthebean: Thanks for the article on weightloss stalling.

When I went shopping yesterday afternoon my favorite grocery store was packed (Santa was there from 3-6) so I left and was trying to decide where to shop. I was annoyed, and so I thought, "Oh, maybe I'll pick up some food at Pei Wei; their chicken is really soft and will break down easily" but fortunately did a little search on my phone on their "healthy" entrees…exactly what GG says. A serving is anywhere from 800-1200 calories, easily, even of the good stuff. Granted, I can take a couple of ounces of chicken and vegetables and probably be fine, but then I'm still feeding that to my family, and THEY are eating 1200 calories (easily) at a sitting. So I headed over to the other grocery store and picked up stuff to cook. They didn't have a perfectly healthy meal either but I know that they were eating closer to 600 calories each than 1200. It's really quite amazing. So interesting…I mean we drove from the Midwest to the mid-Atlantic coast and back this week and we stopped at places like Cracker Barrel and Bob Evans a couple of times. But the difference is, pretty much anywhere I can order a cup of chili or two scrambled eggs and be reasonably certain of the "damage" when I track them. If we hadn't been eating at places like that, and if I wasn't so tracking-focused, I might have just gone to Pei Wei and ordered a few Entrees to share. I'm really glad I took the time to look it up.

I routinely annoy my family by looking up a restaurants menu and then looking up their calories in MFP and then deciding what we're eating. I've been doing this for years. When everyone is hungry and just wants to eat, and Mom has to do this long drawn out thing...I'm not always popular but by golly I'm right! :P

I routinely annoy my family by looking up a restaurants menu and then looking up their calories in MFP and then deciding what we're eating. I've been doing this for years. When everyone is hungry and just wants to eat, and Mom has to do this long drawn out thing...I'm not always popular but by golly I'm right! :P

We went to chili's last night. They have their "light menu".....everything is 675 calories or less. Bloody hell 675 calories?!?! That's light? I guess it is compared to the rest of their stuff.