Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

First Band To Sleeve, Lost 98...now Doctor Is Suggesting Revision To Ds...

Has anyone else have this experience??

Because when I had revision back in 2012 my BMI was 62 now I believe is like 47 or something now, and he thinks because I've been at the same weight for 6 months my body may have lost all it could with the sleeve procedure...

He told me to give it my all the next 3 months and if I still cannot break the stall then we may need to explore me revising to DS...

I really dont want another procedure, but I've heard good things about the DS....but ultimately the only way I will get it is with insurance approval, I had to pay out of pocket for the revision to sleeve, I honestly cant afford another procedure...

So, I am going to give it my all the next couple of months and pray I can break this stall, which is now 8 months and counting

Im going to start the 5:2 plan. do you know about this? i need to lose these last 24 pounds to get to goal. im 11 months out from the sleeve

I know very little about it

5:2 plan is an intermittent fasting plan.. Eating "normal" 5 days a week then on two given days eating no more than 500 calories in an eight hour window to allow a rest (fasting) period of at least 12 hours between meals.... This is a good plan for those of us that are in maintenance. Or very close to goal. As it helps us lose those last couple of pounds..

DS is a good procedure.... As it was designed to be the second part of the sleeve for higher bmi's..

But how's your diet? I know as we get further out we (me included) get a little lax..

Before I went into another surgery I would try to really streamline your diet to dense Protein and veg.

Really detoxing from any processed carbs. To see if that can jump start the weight lose again :)

Yeah you are right, its actually what my doctor told me...that's my plan starting December 1st to start back monitoring and being aware of what I am putting into my mouth...

He said that if I am still having issues in March, we will look into the DS more....but he wanted me to read about it and write some questions to ask him for when I see him again

If I couldn't manage my weight with the sleeve, I too would consider the DS. I refuse to go back to being morbidly obese. However, this is a surgery with bigger consequences. Not only did I research it, when I was researching plastics I heard things about it from plastic surgeons. A local plastic surgeon who specializes in reconstruction after massive weight loss told me that he has only had two cases of terrible complications and they were both DSers.

Anyway, my opinion is that I would try some techniques - 5:2 is a good one, but i also found that going low carb really helped me get to goal. It has become a way of life now, I am in maintainance and I do indulge some in bread and alchohol...lol... but my day to day diet is really lean meats, cheese, yogurt and veggies.

i strongly suggest that you check out this: http://www.dsfacts.com/index.html#.UqdAXuI2GaM

And know that obesity help has alot of DSers on it and it is worth talking to them. These people know all the low down on who the good surgeons are etc - this is way more complex than the sleeve or gastric bypass so pick your surgeon carefully if you do decide to do this.

It is hard to not be jealous of people that can eat 2000-3000 calories a day, not worry much about carbs and still be slim... :)