Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any February 2014 Sleevers?

Hi All. Been catching up on everyone's progress. You all are doing so great. Had my 4 month appointment last week. Was told I'm right on track & to keep it up. I'm down 64 lbs from my highest weight & 56 lbs since surgery. I've noticed my weight loss pattern. I'm loosing 4-5 lbs every 2 to 2 1/2 weeks. So if you think you are "stalled" keep track it could just be your pattern. I asked about this & was told that it is healthier. She said the people that loose their weight extremely fast tend to be unhealthy and ill. I'd rather be healthy & loose it slower than be sicker then I was at my heaviest. Keep up the great work ladies & gents.

Anyone experience more hip, joint,etc pain after losing weight? I'm 181 and in some ways it sure doesn't feel like it!!

Me. Well, my back was ALWAYS sore. I actually started going to a chiropractor and it's totally helping. I feel so much better!

Anyone else randomly not want food anymore?? I wasn't feeling well on Friday because aunt flow was kicking my ass and I didn't eat. Since then I have had no desire to eat all so I've been having shakes and I managed a few almonds and finally last night ate a turkey hotdog. Still no desire to eat at all. I'm not complaining because I lost 8lbs over the weekend with not eating but I find it just weird. I was eating fine before !!!

Anyone experience more hip, joint,etc pain after losing weight? I'm 181 and in some ways it sure doesn't feel like it!!

Our center of gravity changes when we lose weight and we walk differently etc. Or bodies ache as it adjusts

I'm 4 months out and have lost 45 pounds. I still have 10 to go to meet my goal. I have to say it's been tough!!!

post-206739-0-92665000-1404316219_thumb.jpg

I've been discouraged and in a stall for 3 weeks. We were on our wedding trip and honeymoon, so I hadn't been working out like usual and eating out at restaurants. I thought when we got back I would lose a few lbs. it didn't happen. I start working out with my trainer again on Wednesday, so hopefully that helps kick me out of this funk. I love to see everyone's success stories, but I feel that I haven't lost enough is comparison. 65 lbs total. 40 since surgery 4/25. I know everyone loses at different rates. I guess I'm a slow loser, but I haven't been a loser at all fee a few weeks. I guess I haven't been much help, just know you're not alone.

What kind of foods are you eating at restaurants? I swear I cannot find anything on any menu that my sleeve likes. I really can only eat cottage cheese and yogurt, anything else just hurts.

What kind of foods are you eating at restaurants? I swear I cannot find anything on any menu that my sleeve likes. I really can only eat cottage cheese and yogurt, anything else just hurts.

I can tolerate just about anything. No pain unless I over eat, which I did a few times.

I can tolerate just about anything. No pain unless I over eat, which I did a few times.

I'm the same way. I can eat anything. It's somewhat disheartening. Lol.

I'm the same way. I can eat anything. It's somewhat disheartening. Lol.

I know how you feel. I wish my sleeve was smaller. I feel like I can tolerate too much of too many foods. It's hard work for me to stick to my small portions. My hunger has increased. My surgeon said that is due to my increased activity and seeing the personal trainer 3 days/week.

I know how you feel. I wish my sleeve was smaller. I feel like I can tolerate too much of too many foods. It's hard work for me to stick to my small portions. My hunger has increased. My surgeon said that is due to my increased activity and seeing the personal trainer 3 days/week.

We are kindred spirits. I see my trainer twice but workout everyday. I can tolerate large portions but do my best not to. I had way more restriction when I had the band which I have heard is normal. But it's tough. I have noticed a huge increase in my hunger. I have to be careful when I snack. I know we aren't supposed to but if I don't eat something I feel awful and can't focus. So I snack on spoonfuls of Peanut Butter and allow myself fruit as a treat. I'm loving peaches and strawberries right now.

We are kindred spirits. I see my trainer twice but workout everyday. I can tolerate large portions but do my best not to. I had way more restriction when I had the band which I have heard is normal. But it's tough. I have noticed a huge increase in my hunger. I have to be careful when I snack. I know we aren't supposed to but if I don't eat something I feel awful and can't focus. So I snack on spoonfuls of Peanut Butter and allow myself fruit as a treat. I'm loving peaches and strawberries right now.

I'm so glad someone else is experiencing these feelings and its not just me. I snack too. My surgeon encouraged fruit for Snacks. I'm doing grapes and apples. I've had a few episodes of what I believe is low blood sugar. Shakiness, sweating, and just an overall weird feeling. It usually happens about 3 hours after a meal. A small snack usually resolves my problems. Thanks so much for sharing your experiences! This makes me feel so much better!

I'm so glad someone else is experiencing these feelings and its not just me. I snack too. My surgeon encouraged fruit for Snacks. I'm doing grapes and apples. I've had a few episodes of what I believe is low blood sugar. Shakiness, sweating, and just an overall weird feeling. It usually happens about 3 hours after a meal. A small snack usually resolves my problems. Thanks so much for sharing your experiences! This makes me feel so much better!

I have type 1 diabetes and that sound like low sugars to me. Feel free to PM me anytime. I also text if you ever want some instant support. I completely understand what you're dealing with!

How's everyone doing?? Just checking in with fellow February 2014 sleevers!

A little over 6 months out and down 88 pounds. Was hoping to be at 100 by now!

I will be 5 months Saturday. I've lost 87lbs. I have 2 or 3 week stalls... But I feel fabulous. I've been able to clean out most of my closet. Which is great, but also kinda sad. Weird right? I didn't expect to be distraught over my wardrobe? It is fun & a little exciting. But some of my clothes were really nice & I can't afford to replace them so fast. I have gone to consignment sales & I've got some cute things from our local Facebook yardsale site. I'm thrilled with each new size. I am happy with how I look & feel I've been a success. I'm off almost all my meds! I take 1/2 of a blood pressure pill. My hair has been falling out in handfuls! Luckily I had a lot of really thick hair.