Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any February 2014 Sleevers?

15 weeks post op - down 48 lbs and finally broke into Onederland last week!! Had my 3 month check up a few weeks ago and I was so proud I have to share. Dr said they have only seen one other patient have blood work look as good as mine in the last year. I was off the charts on my Protein levels and was above or right where I needed to be on everything. I have a friend who has dealt with serious malabsorption issues since surgery and is on twice the supplements as usual so I have been taking mine religiously and without fail. And...it paid off! I am experiencing some Hair loss but thankfully it hasn't affected the overall look of my hair...hoping it stop soon! So proud of you all and am excited to see everyone at your goal weights, healthy and happy!

post-207408-0-93931900-1403048596_thumb.jpg

15 weeks post op - down 48 lbs and finally broke into Onederland last week!! Had my 3 month check up a few weeks ago and I was so proud I have to share. Dr said they have only seen one other patient have blood work look as good as mine in the last year. I was off the charts on my Protein levels and was above or right where I needed to be on everything. I have a friend who has dealt with serious malabsorption issues since surgery and is on twice the supplements as usual so I have been taking mine religiously and without fail. And...it paid off! I am experiencing some Hair loss but thankfully it hasn't affected the overall look of my hair...hoping it stop soon! So proud of you all and am excited to see everyone at your goal weights, healthy and happy!

Good for you!!!!????

I'm nervous about hungry I've been lately. I'll have a Protein Shake for Breakfast and need more to go with that now. Wasn't like that earlier on. Curious if anyone is experiencing greater hunger, slower weight loss

Hi AmyV,

I get hungry alot too. Do you take an acid reducer? My doctor said I could stop taking it at my 2 month appt, but I still take it sometimes. Alot of the times when I'm hungry it turns out to be just acid. How many calories do you eat a day?

I've been really hungry lately, too. I might have to try the acid reducer. I've always been a slow loser but I"m worried that this is going to get worse.

I'm nervous about hungry I've been lately. I'll have a Protein shake for Breakfast and need more to go with that now. Wasn't like that earlier on. Curious if anyone is experiencing greater hunger, slower weight loss

Hi AmyV, I get hungry alot too. Do you take an acid reducer? My doctor said I could stop taking it at my 2 month appt, but I still take it sometimes. Alot of the times when I'm hungry it turns out to be just acid. How many calories do you eat a day?

This is my question too!! How many calories a day? I am at 600 to 800 and people say it isn't enough! That's why I hit big stalls?? It's exasperating hearing them preach to me over and over!! Doc said three meals a day one snack.. Protein first them veggies... Following this I can only get 600 to 800 and sometimes less in!

My NSV today!

post-203014-0-10537600-1403327399_thumb.jpg

I think I am ready to run a 5k. I just won't run my first 5k in the Southern California heat. So I'm looking into some in the fall. I have been pretty MIA. Hubs got a new job which is going to be amazing and we are getting ready to move out of my parents house. We are very excited and stressed all at once.

How is everyone else doing?

I am getting between 800-1000 a day. Usually have Protein Shake for breakfast and then string cheese for snack, been eating the P3 by Oscar Meyers a lot, then a Syntrax lemon tea Protein Drink in afternoon. BUT in between I've been snacking on the small slim jims. I NEVER liked them before but now I can't get enough. Although they have good amount of Protein the fat and calories add up.

Hi fellow Feburary sleevers! I have two questions for you guys. I was sleeved a little over 4 months ago. This past week I've been experiencing some really weird symptoms. My appetite has dropped to almost nothing and I've lost about 9 pounds in just a weeks time. I feel like after everything I eat I'm experiencing dumping syndrome, which I know is a lot less common in VSG. The best way to describe it is- my stomach gets a very mild cramp and I feel like I'm going to vomit. I have thrown up several times this week and yesterday I threw up what I believe to be bile. I feel awful after everything I eat or drink. I get really flush and hot and feel like I just need to lay down immediately. I hear a lot about gallbladder "attacks" but I don't seem to be having the sharp pain that is typically associated with those. I plan to give my doctor a call tomorrow I just wanted to know if anyone was going through anything similar?

Also I've been a little hard on myself lately as far as my weight loss is going. I'd like to know if 76 pounds lost in 19 weeks is average and if I'm on trend. Don't get me wrong losing is losing and I feel AWESOME! I just want to make sure I stay on track.

Hi fellow Feburary sleevers! I have two questions for you guys. I was sleeved a little over 4 months ago. This past week I've been experiencing some really weird symptoms. My appetite has dropped to almost nothing and I've lost about 9 pounds in just a weeks time. I feel like after everything I eat I'm experiencing dumping syndrome, which I know is a lot less common in VSG. The best way to describe it is- my stomach gets a very mild cramp and I feel like I'm going to vomit. I have thrown up several times this week and yesterday I threw up what I believe to be bile. I feel awful after everything I eat or drink. I get really flush and hot and feel like I just need to lay down immediately. I hear a lot about gallbladder "attacks" but I don't seem to be having the sharp pain that is typically associated with those. I plan to give my doctor a call tomorrow I just wanted to know if anyone was going through anything similar? Also I've been a little hard on myself lately as far as my weight loss is going. I'd like to know if 76 pounds lost in 19 weeks is average and if I'm on trend. Don't get me wrong losing is losing and I feel AWESOME! I just want to make sure I stay on track.

The vomiting does not sound normal to me. Dumping usually involves diarrhea.

My surgery was feb 18 and I've lost exactly 70 pounds. 50 since day of surgery

Hi fellow Feburary sleevers! I have two questions for you guys. I was sleeved a little over 4 months ago. This past week I've been experiencing some really weird symptoms. My appetite has dropped to almost nothing and I've lost about 9 pounds in just a weeks time. I feel like after everything I eat I'm experiencing dumping syndrome, which I know is a lot less common in VSG. The best way to describe it is- my stomach gets a very mild cramp and I feel like I'm going to vomit. I have thrown up several times this week and yesterday I threw up what I believe to be bile. I feel awful after everything I eat or drink. I get really flush and hot and feel like I just need to lay down immediately. I hear a lot about gallbladder "attacks" but I don't seem to be having the sharp pain that is typically associated with those. I plan to give my doctor a call tomorrow I just wanted to know if anyone was going through anything similar?

Also I've been a little hard on myself lately as far as my weight loss is going. I'd like to know if 76 pounds lost in 19 weeks is average and if I'm on trend. Don't get me wrong losing is losing and I feel AWESOME! I just want to make sure I stay on track.

Any change you could be pregnant?

No chance of pregnancy. ..I do feel a little better today. I was able to drink and keep down a full Protein Shake with no stomach issues. I'm wondering if your gall bladder can act up without it being an actual attack

No chance of pregnancy. ..I do feel a little better today. I was able to drink and keep down a full Protein Shake with no stomach issues. I'm wondering if your gall bladder can act up without it being an actual attack

I've heard with gallbladder attacks there is a lot of pain involved, but not to sure though. Hope you feel better and this passes quick.

<p>Hi fellow Feburary sleevers! I have two questions for you guys. I was sleeved a little over 4 months ago. This past week I've been experiencing some really weird symptoms. My appetite has dropped to almost nothing and I've lost about 9 pounds in just a weeks time. I feel like after everything I eat I'm experiencing dumping syndrome, which I know is a lot less common in VSG. The best way to describe it is- my stomach gets a very mild cramp and I feel like I'm going to vomit. I have thrown up several times this week and yesterday I threw up what I believe to be bile. I feel awful after everything I eat or drink. I get really flush and hot and feel like I just need to lay down immediately. I hear a lot about gallbladder "attacks" but I don't seem to be having the sharp pain that is typically associated with those. I plan to give my doctor a call tomorrow I just wanted to know if anyone was going through anything similar?</p> <p> </p> <p>Also I've been a little hard on myself lately as far as my weight loss is going. I'd like to know if 76 pounds lost in 19 weeks is average and if I'm on trend. Don't get me wrong losing is losing and I feel AWESOME! I just want to make sure I stay on track.</p>

I feel like this all the time after I eat. I don't actually throw up, but I feel like I'm going to. I just feel awful after I eat anything, it hurts and I feel flush and I just have to go lay down. So I don't eat hardly anything to avoid this feeling. Last night I ate a hard boiled egg like that's it for the whole day and it hurt so bad i started thinking all kinds of bad things like a leak or something. Today I had 2or3 spoonfuls of Soup and had to go in my car and lie down at lunch. I'm 4 months out. Guess I better call the doc. My next appt isn't till August.