Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any February 2014 Sleevers?

Girl, you look absolutely fantastic!

My progress to date. Sleeved 2/3/14 Life is good Taken off 4 meds so far BMI is down 17.1 points

Wow! Amazing job!

My progress to date. Sleeved 2/3/14 Life is good Taken off 4 meds so far BMI is down 17.1 points

Wow! Amazing job!

Hello all, Everybody looks great and is doing wonderful. My surgery was February 24, 2014 and I am down 40 pounds just today. I look and feel better and my old clothes fit. I'm happy with the surgery and weight loss, however I am having a hard time eating. I'm not getting in my Protein. It's so hard to eat anything. I can only take one or two bites of anything. It's really frustrating. The only thing I'm living on is cottage cheese, I eat cottage cheese 3 or 4 times a day. I can't even eat scrambled eggs. Everything hurts on the way down and I get such heartburn it's unbearable. I take omeprozole like candy these days. I was so hungry in the beginning, but now at the 3 month mark I have lost my appetite for everything because it's too painful to eat, so I grab some cottage cheese, it doesn't hurt to eat. I can eat chips and slider stuff that is so not good for me, but I try and stay away from that.. I bet I eat less than 500 calories a day and am losing at 2 to 3 lbs a week now.... BUT no Hair loss, so I guess that's good. Any suggestions?

I was having similar issues and I found that my food had to be very very moist for me to eat it ! And I have to make it almost a paste in my mouth before I can swallow it or it hurts awful! I get the heartburn with meats but oddly enough I can eat hot sauce just fine! chicken salad was one of the few meats i can stomache.. Can't eat plain chicken but I can do chicken salad! And egg salad so smooshed it's almost like the center of a deviled egg consistency

Hey guys! Just had to share. Blood work last week at my annual GYN exam. Hemoglobin A1c = 5.1 !!!!!!! It was 8.4 before surgery & I have had NO medication for diabetes since 1 day pre-op. All lab values are normal! Including my liver enzymes, which my PCP said would be the last thing to correct itself. When I showed my husband, he said, " you may have just saved your life!" This hasn't been easy, but every sacrifice is SO worth it! I feel so grateful & blessed!

So, total NSV! I climbed a huge dune at sleeping Bear national dunes a few hours north of me in Michigan. Would have NEVER attempted it 4 months and +76 lbs ago. I was so proud of myself I had to call my dad as soon as I got to the top!

You can barely see, but that's me at the top! Wooo!

post-202477-0-01068200-1402153418_thumb.png

Edited by Sarahjane79

So, total NSV! I climbed a huge dune at sleeping Bear national dunes a few hours north of me in Michigan. Would have NEVER attempted it 4 months and +76 lbs ago. I was so proud of myself I had to call my dad as soon as I got to the top! You can barely see, but that's me at the top! Wooo!

That is so awesome. I know you are so proud. YAY!!!

Good for you SJ! Hooray for NSVs to keep us going!

My odd NSV this week has been on a few separate occasions having a panic attack while driving because I thought I wasn't wearing my insulin pump. I remove it to change clothes and a few times over the 10+ years I have had them have actually forgotten it at home when I run errands. I guess it doesn't dig into my sides like it used to and I'm more comfortable when sitting. It's one of those funny little things you don't notice until its not there anymore.

Hey everyone so I just need some advice or opinions! Today has been rough I am noticing I am shedding hair like crazy which makes me sad! I know that in the long run everything will be ok and hair grows back but man has it been tough! Also this is like the 5th week in a row where I am loosing a pound a week! Has anyone experienced anything like this? Should I be worried! I do see the doctor on Wednesday! But I just thought I would be loosing more a week

Hey everyone so I just need some advice or opinions! Today has been rough I am noticing I am shedding hair like crazy which makes me sad! I know that in the long run everything will be ok and hair grows back but man has it been tough! Also this is like the 5th week in a row where I am loosing a pound a week! Has anyone experienced anything like this? Should I be worried! I do see the doctor on Wednesday! But I just thought I would be loosing more a week

I was just reading and responding to a post like this. I went through a loooong stall, then lost several pounds when it broke. Then had several weeks with a loss of only a pound a week. This last week I think I lost 4 pounds. I just try to get rid of hidden carbs and sugars. Another thing is I have to walk. If I don't walk or exercise I don't lose. Also I upped my fluids so that might've also helped. It's very discouraging, but it broke into a bigger loss once I cut out carbs and upped my exercise and fluids.

Thank you for the advice I will def look into the carbs I didn't think I ate very many to begin with but I will def look! Today was very discouraging for me! I don't regret the surgery at all and I have lost so much already but it's just like really 1 pound again!! Ughhhh! And than to top

It off my hair is shedding like crazy when I wash it and pretty much all day long!! I am just having one of those days !! I work out 3-4 a week but I am gonna try to do more

I have a question for everyone. Has anyone experienced gall bladder attacks or other gall bladder problems? I know that obesity and rapid weight loss (bariatric surgery) are the 2 biggest causes of cholelithiasis. WARNING!!! TMI about to happen! I have experienced clay colored, fatty diarrhea for the past 5-6 days. This had happened to me before without any other symptoms. Just about an hour ago I began to have right upper quadrant abdominal pain which I would rate as 6 out of 10. It radiated to my back and eventually to my right shoulder blade. It just subsided a few minutes ago. This is the only time I have ever had this pain. I am a nurse at the hospital where my surgeon practices, and will definitely consult her about this "attack". I'm not immediately worried since the pain subsided quickly, but I am wondering, how many people have experienced this? If you have gall stones and have had symptoms, does this sound familiar to you? I know that my symptoms are textbook, but I'm wondering if this is all in my head since I do know the symptoms and prevalence in bariatric patients. Thanks for your help and sorry about the very long post!