Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any February 2014 Sleevers?

So, my wedding is this Saturday! I'm 65lbs from my highest weight (I too like to state my weight from my highest! Lol!) I can't wait to get some pics back and share with you guys!

Hey all! It's been a while since I have been on here but I am doing great! I am 55 pounds down! surgery was feb 17th! My question is that for the past three weeks I have lost a pound a week so 3 pounds in 3 weeks! I made sure I worked out this last week to kick start it! Am I doing something wrong ? Is it normal? Lol. I eat about 800-1000 calories daily but normally it's around 800 and get atleast 80 grams of Protein in! Would love any advice or tips :)

Hey all! It's been a while since I have been on here but I am doing great! I am 55 pounds down! surgery was feb 17th! My question is that for the past three weeks I have lost a pound a week so 3 pounds in 3 weeks! I made sure I worked out this last week to kick start it! Am I doing something wrong ? Is it normal? Lol. I eat about 800-1000 calories daily but normally it's around 800 and get atleast 80 grams of Protein in! Would love any advice or tips :)

I've done that. And then last week I lost 4 pounds. Weird

I saw my dr on Friday for a 3 month check up. I've lost 42 lbs. I have 40 to go. I told him I was slowing down on loss and he gave me a sweet smile and said "Really? So 42 lbs in 12 weeks just isn't fast enough!?"

He's right when we all step back and think about life before the sleeve. A pound a week is STILL better than before my surgery! Am I still looking at lower numbers on the scale? Heck yeah!!!

Please don't get discouraged. One day you'll wake up and all the extra work will have paid off and you're going to dance around and Celebrate till those too lose of pants fall right off your skinny hips!!!

Here's wishing you continued success and much happiness!!!!

Just wanted to check in. The weight-loss is going okay I'm down 84 pounds total. but things have gotten harder in the last couple days. Saturday my husband had a stroke and has been in the hospital since then it's been this made it harder to get in my Protein and Water but I'm working on it and I have still been able to walk a little bit just to get my mind At ease. Please keep my husband in your thoughts and prayers

Just wanted to check in. The weight-loss is going okay I'm down 84 pounds total. but things have gotten harder in the last couple days. Saturday my husband had a stroke and has been in the hospital since then it's been this made it harder to get in my Protein and Water but I'm working on it and I have still been able to walk a little bit just to get my mind At ease. Please keep my husband in your thoughts and prayers

I am so sorry to hear about your husband. I will keep you both in my prayers.

It's not nearly as serious but my mom was hit by a car a few weeks ago and had a minor surgery due to her accident. We live with my parents right now so I have been a full time caregiver and full time mommy of a toddler for the last month and my diet and exercise routine have suffered. I struggled with my protein and just got back to the gym for the first time yesterday. I gained 4 pounds over the past month too. It sucks! Please do your best to get some rest and at least get the protein in if you can. I know it isn't easy!

Is your husband still in the hospital? Or is he home? Please keep us updated and don't hesitate to post here or even PM me if you need to chat.

Definitely keeping him in my thoughts. Hang in there. Wishing I could give you a big hug.

It's not nearly as serious but my mom was hit by a car a few weeks ago and had a minor surgery due to her accident. We live with my parents right now so I have been a full time caregiver and full time mommy of a toddler for the last month and my diet and exercise routine have suffered. I struggled with my protein and just got back to the gym for the first time yesterday. I gained 4 pounds over the past month too. It sucks! Please do your best to get some rest and at least get the protein in if you can. I know it isn't easy!

Is your husband still in the hospital? Or is he home? Please keep us updated and don't hesitate to post here or even PM me if you need to chat.

How is your mom. I hope she is ok. hang in there and that 4 lbs they will be off before you know it. Jeff (hubby) was discharged today so now we can figure out what our new normal will be. He drives for a living and they won't release him to go back (and rightly so) Until he sees a neurologist and has some tests on his reaction times. That is set for in two weeks. We figure he may have to change jobs now But we will take it one say at a time. I am just glad he is still here with me and other than some numbness on his right side. He can walk and talk and function. We have noticed his hand writing has changed and his right arm hangs by his side differently when he walks

Definitely keeping him in my thoughts. Hang in there. Wishing I could give you a big hug.

Thank you. I feel the virtual hug. :)

Thank you. I feel the virtual hug. :)

So sorry to hear this, LeighAnne. You're both in my thoughts and prayers.

So sorry to hear. I pray a speedy recovery for him and strength and peace for you.

So sorry to hear this! You both will be in my thoughts. ♡

It's not nearly as serious but my mom was hit by a car a few weeks ago and had a minor surgery due to her accident. We live with my parents right now so I have been a full time caregiver and full time mommy of a toddler for the last month and my diet and exercise routine have suffered. I struggled with my Protein and just got back to the gym for the first time yesterday. I gained 4 pounds over the past month too. It sucks! Please do your best to get some rest and at least get the protein in if you can. I know it isn't easy!

How is your mom. I hope she is ok. hang in there and that 4 lbs they will be off before you know it. Jeff (hubby) was discharged today so now we can figure out what our new normal will be. He drives for a living and they won't release him to go back (and rightly so) Until he sees a neurologist and has some tests on his reaction times. That is set for in two weeks. We figure he may have to change jobs now But we will take it one say at a time. I am just glad he is still here with me and other than some numbness on his right side. He can walk and talk and function. We have noticed his hand writing has changed and his right arm hangs by his side differently when he walks

My mom is going to be fine. I'm just surprised how much I neglected to do what I needed to take care of myself. No gym workouts and awful eating. I reverted to fast food and easy high carb low protein meals quickly. The 4 pounds are already back off. And even though I would never want something like this to happen to anyone, the experience has been a good lesson for life after the sleeve. It really is all about choices. And yes. Caregiving for a sick or injured person is important. And getting to the gym may not be able to happen. But choosing a (very small, lol) quesadilla over protein won't help me feel any better. Mentally or physically.

I don't know if having your husband will make it easier to do what you need to or harder. But I am glad he was well enough to go home. Strokes can be devastating. It's unfortunate about his job but I'm glad he is able to move around and talk to you. Let us know how it goes with the neurologist.