Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any February 2014 Sleevers?

Thinking about sneaking a small glass of wine in tonight on date night. I was given the okay and I'm not really a habitual drinker. I'm a little reluctant to ask if anyone has had a little alcohol since surgery just because every forum I've read with the same topic is filled with indignation and it's really annoying to read. This has been been a great group so far so I just wanted to run by you guys what you thought? I figured I'd have a few sips to Celebrate tonight

..thoughts?

Thinking about sneaking a small glass of wine in tonight on date night. I was given the okay and I'm not really a habitual drinker. I'm a little reluctant to ask if anyone has had a little alcohol since surgery just because every forum I've read with the same topic is filled with indignation and it's really annoying to read. This has been been a great group so far so I just wanted to run by you guys what you thought? I figured I'd have a few sips to Celebrate tonight

..thoughts?

..thoughts?

I have had a few drinks. Not together. Except one night. I had a ridiculously huge margarita with my brothers (so it was still technically just one) and it was awful. I got really dehydrated. I wasn't even really hungover but I just felt bad all night. But I have had both mixed drinks and wine. A half glass of wine really helps me relax and feel like a "normal" (non-sleeved) person. But I haven't done it more than 2-3 times. I have also found the alcohol topic to be really hard to talk about. People just talk down about it and try to make you feel like an idiot. If you have just one glass I'm sure you'll be fine. But don't be surprised if you can't finish it or get tipsy really fast. Enjoy your date night!

Thinking about sneaking a small glass of wine in tonight on date night. I was given the okay and I'm not really a habitual drinker. I'm a little reluctant to ask if anyone has had a little alcohol since surgery just because every forum I've read with the same topic is filled with indignation and it's really annoying to read. This has been been a great group so far so I just wanted to run by you guys what you thought? I figured I'd have a few sips to Celebrate tonight ..thoughts?

I haven't tried it yet, but curious to know how it goes for you! Enjoy your date!

Thinking about sneaking a small glass of wine in tonight on date night. I was given the okay and I'm not really a habitual drinker. I'm a little reluctant to ask if anyone has had a little alcohol since surgery just because every forum I've read with the same topic is filled with indignation and it's really annoying to read. This has been been a great group so far so I just wanted to run by you guys what you thought? I figured I'd have a few sips to Celebrate tonight ..thoughts?

Go right ahead but take it slow! I had 2 drinks that were very light and was buzzed which for me would've never happened before! My husband didn't mind though lol. Take it slow and have Water ready because you will need it. Enjoy!

Well, I'm not supposed to have alcohol for a year and am gonna try to stick to that if I can. I have a mild allergy to the tannins in red wine so I always drank Asti, which was carbonated. Or vodka and cranberry. Or beer.... Lol

Anywho... My favorite was Asti, but since it's carbonated I'll probably forego that and stick with the vodka and cranberry when I do drink alcohol.

My sister was cleared for alcohol in 3 weeks. Every surgeon has his/her rules and I don't see anything wrong with you posting about alcohol. If I'm being honest with myself, I will probably have a drink on my birthday in June or when I'm on vaycay in July. But I'm not sure.

Be sure and let us know how it goes. I know with my sister she has a much lower tolerance than she had. She gets a buzz much faster. But she also gets sober faster so I'm guessing that she's metabolizing the alcohol at a faster rate than before.

Have fun!!

I've had alcohol. I talked to my surgeon and he suggested rum and diet coke. I'm following a low-carb plan, so he recommended it over a glass of wine for me. I felt the effects of it quicker than before surgery. And I felt really dehydrated and crappy the day after. But I probably overdid it that night too.

Your surgeon recommended you drink diet coke?! That's interesting. I can't wait to try s drink. I'll probably wait at least another month or so. We'll see. I can't remember how long my doc said to wait. I'll check with them first though.

Most of what I have read about alcohol is that it is empty calories & will not help you lose weight but I don't think a few sips on Date night is going to hurt you. I have had a few sips myself but is not a regular thing. Enjoy!

Reporting back- the wine went great...I didn't end up finishing the entire glass but pretty close. I like really dry red wine so I wasn't overloaded with sweetness, it went great with my petite fillet! Didn't feel anything more than a small buzz but I did have a pretty high tolerance pre surgery.

Reporting back- the wine went great...I didn't end up finishing the entire glass but pretty close. I like really dry red wine so I wasn't overloaded with sweetness, it went great with my petite fillet! Didn't feel anything more than a small buzz but I did have a pretty high tolerance pre surgery.

Glad to hear that hope you enjoyed your evening out!

Your surgeon recommended you drink diet coke?! That's interesting. I can't wait to try s drink. I'll probably wait at least another month or so. We'll see. I can't remember how long my doc said to wait. I'll check with them first though.

Yes, and I was as shocked as you are! It didn't affect my restriction at all cuz I can only eat 2.5-3 oz max.

Down 46 lbs since highest weight & 37.1 since surgery date. I've not been in the 220's for 4 or 5 years. YEAH Me!!

That's awesome!! I'm trying not to get discouraged. I'm down 53 pounds from highest and like 33 from surgery. It just seems like each pound is real work and I am feeling true hunger. It's not acid (I'm on protonix twice daily) or head hunger, but true hunger. Gnawing at me screaming "feed me!!"

I've adjusted carbs, calories, Protein, fluids etc. I know I need to only weigh once per week so I think I'm going to do that.

That's awesome!! I'm trying not to get discouraged. I'm down 53 pounds from highest and like 33 from surgery. It just seems like each pound is real work and I am feeling true hunger. It's not acid (I'm on protonix twice daily) or head hunger, but true hunger. Gnawing at me screaming "feed me!!"

I've adjusted carbs, calories, Protein, fluids etc. I know I need to only weigh once per week so I think I'm going to do that.

SF you have had quite the stressful recovery with moving and having extreme nausea. Try not to be so hard on yourself. You're doing amazing!

The true hunger is also a struggle for me. I'm at the point where I feel like I'm eating 20 times a day. That isn't true but I do feel true hunger about every 1.5-2 hours and am also on a ppi twice daily.

Try to remind yourself that you're awesome and have done so well! You got this hun.