Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any February 2014 Sleevers?

Hang in there Sammy. These are the humps you have to get over in order to make this change in your life. You took a HUGE step to a better you for yourself and for your family. You are strong!! The temptations will get easier to move past. You can do this one day at a time. I'm sending you good vibes and strength.

Thank u soo much!!! I need all the strength and good vibes I can get !!! I'm so glad I joined this forum - no one really understands what I'm going through. My parents have been super supportive and changed their eating habits as well but they aren't eating eating as little as I am obvi. But they aren't eating rice rice and drinking soda and no fried food. It's been wonderful with them being so great through this but it's juice to have people that understand what I'm feeling.

Thanks again!!!

My advice is if you don't have them already, invest in some small bowls and plates. I had small plates, but not bowls. I got some a few days after coming home and realizing that my normal bowls made my half cup of Soup look like nothing. Much better in smaller bowls. :)

That sounds good to me !! I will Definitely get some small bowls !! That's a great idea. Thanks !!

That sounds good to me !! I will Definitely get some small bowls !! That's a great idea. Thanks !!

You're welcome! I have some really cool bowls, but they're huge. The first time I put my half cup of Soup in there I was like, I know I'm not even hungry, but wtf. This is like a drop of soup. Ha.

I know not all jcp penneys have the same stuff on clearance, but I got some small cute white bowls on clearance for only $1.97 each! Just an idea. Or target. The last time idea was there they had some really fun dishes.

I also need to get some kid or smaller spoons and forks.

Thank u soo much!!! I need all the strength and good vibes I can get !!! I'm so glad I joined this forum - no one really understands what I'm going through. My parents have been super supportive and changed their eating habits as well but they aren't eating eating as little as I am obvi. But they aren't eating rice rice and drinking soda and no fried food. It's been wonderful with them being so great through this but it's juice to have people that understand what I'm feeling.

Thanks again!!!

That's awesome your parents are eating better too! My roommate also switched her eating habits and stuff too. I can handle people coming over and eating pizza and other crap in front of me, but it's nice she's eating better so I don't have crap food in my house. She's doing a high Protein diet too, but with healthy foods. She doesn't really need to lose weight, but it's comforting to have someone along for the ride. Hah.

You're welcome! I have some really cool bowls, but they're huge. The first time I put my half cup of Soup in there I was like, I know I'm not even hungry, but wtf. This is like a drop of soup. Ha.

I know not all jcp penneys have the same stuff on clearance, but I got some small cute white bowls on clearance for only $1.97 each! Just an idea. Or target. The last time idea was there they had some really fun dishes.

I also need to get some kid or smaller spoons and forks.

That's what I need smaller spoons. That is so true!! Looks like I'll be running to target tomorrow after work :) thanks a bunch!! So what is your basic meal consist of -soups only ??

Hi! Had my surgery 2/7 and I can attest to the fact that that was the HARDEST thing I've ever done. But for sure the best thing. Getting the food down and stay down was my challenge and I've beat it. I'm eating 3 oz a day, getting my my Protein and Fluid. It WORKS! I've lost 23 lbs and still counting!

I'm cheering us all on!!! We can do this!!!! :)

So it took a while, but I think that part of my pain was because my sips weren't small enough. If I pucker my lips like I'm about to kiss, then my sips are much smaller and my pain/cramping isn't as bad.

I hope it works!

That's what I need smaller spoons. That is so true!! Looks like I'll be running to target tomorrow after work :) thanks a bunch!! So what is your basic meal consist of -soups only ??

Yeah. Right now I eat half a yogurt for Breakfast, the other half for lunch, a Protein Drink or 2 of some sort during the day, and then 1/2 cup of Soup for dinner. And usually a pudding cup in there somewhere. I've been averaging about 400-500 calories a day. I try to add more, but with all the fluids it's hard to get any more in. It's already hard between the soup and Protein Drinks and and a yogurt to want anything more. I have to constantly remind myself to drink because I forget.

Oh, I do eat a couple few popsicles a day too.

Edited by Sarahjane79

I really can't use technology and pain meds at the same time. Hah

Edited by Sarahjane79

Yeah. Right now I eat half a yogurt for breakfast, the other half for lunch, a Protein drink or 2 of some sort during the day, and then 1/2 cup of Soup for dinner. And usually a pudding cup in there somewhere. I've been averaging about 400-500 calories a day. I try to add more, but with all the fluids it's hard to get any more in. It's already hard between the soup and protein drinks and and a yogurt to want anything more. I have to constantly remind myself to drink because I forget.

Oh, I do eat a couple few popsicles a day too.

That's not so bad. If I don't see the food I'm fine. My body will tell me when to eat so I make an egg in the morning scrambled with peppers and onions (in eat half) I have a yogurt yogurt or pudding (the yogurt is is a baby yogurt it's about 3 oz) I have my protein drink (total lean from GNC strawberry it tastes like strawberry quick ) I try to have some chicken or fish for dinner with either some sweet potato or steamed veggie of some sort. And my snack is either either a popsicle or some frozen fruit like mango chunks or cherries.

That's not so bad. If I don't see the food I'm fine. My body will tell me when to eat so I make an egg in the morning scrambled with peppers and onions (in eat half) I have a yogurt yogurt or pudding (the yogurt is is a baby yogurt it's about 3 oz) I have my Protein drink (total lean from GNC strawberry it tastes like strawberry quick ) I try to have some chicken or fish for dinner with either some sweet potato or steamed veggie of some sort. And my snack is either either a popsicle or some frozen fruit like mango chunks or cherries.

That sounds good. I actually have to remember or eat. The only time my body is telling me to eat is in the morning when I wake up. I can't wait to get to soft foods to try an egg and see if my tummy can handle it! And yo eat some chicken! Lol

That sounds good. I actually have to remember or eat. The only time my body is telling me to eat is in the morning when I wake up. I can't wait to get to soft foods to try an egg and see if my tummy can handle it! And yo eat some chicken! Lol

Oh that's the only thing that keeps me content. I was scared to try chicken but my mom chopped It tiny tiny and mixed It with mashed potato and I was in heaven. The egg I make I just put hot sauce on it it to keep it moist bc I like the egg to cook dry I hate soupy eggs. Lol

Oh that's the only thing that keeps me content. I was scared to try chicken but my mom chopped It tiny tiny and mixed It with mashed potato and I was in heaven. The egg I make I just put hot sauce on it it to keep it moist bc I like the egg to cook dry I hate soupy eggs. Lol

Ooooh, good idea! I hate soupy scrambled eggs too!

Hey now! I like my eggs softly scrambled. Toss in some cheese n I'm in heaven

Hey now! I like my eggs softly scrambled. Toss in some cheese n I'm in heaven

I like mine soft, but not soupy. Or wet? And yes add cheese, best thing. I hope to god that my new sleeve likes eggs.