Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New Forum Is (Not) So Sad!

I feel ya! Your sentiments are mirroring my own :(

Mine too. I only had 4 months of the old forum but I was hooked. Now....not so much.

I'm from the sleever forum and I'm not sure about the changes myself. I am glad to see other surgeries on here though - I really like talking to EVERYONE about their experiences and it's nice to get another perspective. But there are a lot of things that are different and just weird ...

i admit my interest is slowly getting limited to being on here..

will hang as long as i can..

I'm not sure what makes this new forum so uncomfortable but I just don't feel the love anymore. There's something detached about this site and I suspect others feel the same way. I seldom see any of the veteran posters posting any longer.

I see fewer topics started and even then the topics have few replies which devalues the site altogether.

What happened to the "Trending Topics" on the right side of the screen. And the blogs? Now I see very old topics with no reply. Why reply to a topic or a question posted 4 months ago?

And it does seem like many of the forum members who relied on an IPhone app or a Samsung app have now wandered away or just can't navigate this site any longer.

Sorry, I'm just venting. I see other WLS forum members crossing over and most are polite but seems like occasionally a new sleever or RNY'r pops in and posts some nonsense about the band. I'm sure it's the same on their forums where a Bandster posts some ill informed advice or information regarding surgery they know little about. This format seems to encourage this where the old format seemed to have a wall that most people respected.

I'm done. Just sad to see an old friend(LBT) retire and be taken over by a new social media brat.

tmf

We're going to turn things around....

Just need a little time, patience and support from our members.

We've made many many many changes since we launched BariatricPal and we don't plan on stopping until everyone feels comfortable again.

Please keep the feedback coming! Throwing out statements like "I hate the new site" aren't very helpful. We want to hear what exactly you don't like about the new site. The more details you can provide, the better! We can and will make changes based on member feedback.

Also, it would be VERY helpful if we had some Veteran members responding to posts that are being left unanswered. It's a snowball effect....

Alex, I have no ability to liking your post. Is that by design? :lol:

I am going to try and ramp up my participation here. Support and encouragement I received was and is so valuable to me. I am not even sure I would have learned about the band at all if it were not for LapbandTalk. This site is just as much responsible for my success as the band. With that said I do want to give back in anyway I can.

The new site always shuts down my browser, saying there was a problem with the webpage. It takes forever to load and can see maybe one post before it shuts down and I don't have the patience to keep starting over. I've not been on but a few times because of this.

Alex, I have no ability to liking your post. Is that by design? :lol:

I am going to try and ramp up my participation here. Support and encouragement I received was and is so valuable to me. I am not even sure I would have learned about the band at all if it were not for LapbandTalk. This site is just as much responsible for my success as the band. With that said I do want to give back in anyway I can.

No, it's not by design! Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

The new site always shuts down my browser, saying there was a problem with the webpage. It takes forever to load and can see maybe one post before it shuts down and I don't have the patience to keep starting over. I've not been on but a few times because of this.

I've received many complaints or issues but this is a first for me. Do you know which browser, browser version and Operating system your using please ? We'll try to see if we can replicate your issue on our end and see if we can fix asap.

I'm sorry and totally agree with the disheartening of OUR New site. Complied with Gastric Sleeve patients. Hummmm~~~~ Not sure of the reson behind this one!?!?

It's kinda like shopping for a new car... I KNOW what I want so that's why I visit a FORD dealership or Chevy - whatever, and not all the OTHER ones combined.

I dont understand WHY they were combined to begin with!?!?!? Yes, weight loss is the ultimate goal- however I tend to get aggravated when I read and read and then see -OHHH - She had GBP...or he had....

Sure miss the old site, friends, post, and boards!

I'm sorry and totally agree with the disheartening of OUR New site. Complied with Gastric Sleeve patients. Hummmm~~~~ Not sure of the reson behind this one!?!?

It's kinda like shopping for a new car... I KNOW what I want so that's why I visit a FORD dealership or Chevy - whatever, and not all the OTHER ones combined.

I dont understand WHY they were combined to begin with!?!?!? Yes, weight loss is the ultimate goal- however I tend to get aggravated when I read and read and then see -OHHH - She had GBP...or he had....

Sure miss the old site, friends, post, and boards!

We plan on adding certain features shortly which will segregate the members and their surgeries in a more orderly fashion. You'll be able to click a button in settings and you'll only see content from the surgery you selected in your profile. So Lap -band patients will never see any posts by gastric sleeve patients and vice versa. This will apply to the site and app.

There were many many reasons why we merged the weigh loss surgery communities. One of them was that it was becoming a technical nightmare to make changes or upgrades to four separate communities and apps. Any time we made a change or upgrades it was X 4. Running our applications across multiple sites and databases were causing many issues. Merging the communities allows us to put our time, strength and energy in to one single offering. I know we're going through some growing pains at the moment but believe we'll be a lot stronger and better once the dust settles.

OK, here's a bonus. I clicked on the "Patients" tab at the top of this page and then searched for patients of my surgeon and found 66 others who used my surgeon. Most are very old forum members but it's interesting to track(stalk ;)) other forum members who I have something in common with.

tmf

OK, here's a bonus. I clicked on the "Patients" tab at the top of this page and then searched for patients of my surgeon and found 66 others who used my surgeon. Most are very old forum members but it's interesting to track(stalk ;)) other forum members who I have something in common with.

tmf

I gotta go try that now :D