Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My surgery date is dec14 and my pre-op diet starts saturday

Im beyond freaked out tho i just wanna get it done and over with......im ready to start my new life...

Im beyond freaked out tho i just wanna get it done and over with......im ready to start my new life...

I totally agree with u....... I didn't do so good on preop.... I cheated a lot................. It was hard for me............. Girl just breath cause in the end u will look great..... I've lost 10 pounds so far..........

Im plannibg on not cheating but for those two weeks imma stay home so i dnt get tempted

Sleeveinit, you already have begun your new life. Don't be so focused on the end that you don't enjoy the trip. That goes for everything in life. Your journey to your new life HAS begun. Pre op is okay, 2 weeks is nothing. I did a 30 day pre op diet twice. Once in August before the band came out and now before the sleeve. December 14th is around the corner. You'll do great. Take a moment each day to focus on what you experienced that day, soak it all in. Recognize your surroundings each day. That will help to"enjoy the trip". I will keep you posted on my surgery tomorrow and before you know it, you'll be updating us on yours!! Best of luck.

Good luck today socalfosh lemme kno how it goes

Hey, SleevinIt, I have another method for the breathing that really worked for me when I was suffering from GAD. You do a deep breath in on a count of four, and then let it out through your nose to a count of 8. As many times as you can, or until you calm. Something about the counting really helps focus your mind elsewhere. Socalfosh gave you all my other tricks.

Good luck. I know the anticipation is so hard.

Thank you sleevint! Its 5 am here in San Diego I'm on my way now.

Omg good luck are u going in yet? Have yu gone under? Sorry for such a late reply....when u wrote me i was in bed sleep...its only 10:53 in brooklyn

I have been on my pre-op diet opifast shakes an have lost 10 lbs. in 4 days. You'll be fine!

10lbs in 4 days???? Thats sound like madness i said to myself imma probably loose like 12 all together but i guess it depends on metabolism etc

Hey, SleevinIt, I have another method for the breathing that really worked for me when I was suffering from GAD. You do a deep breath in on a count of four, and then let it out through your nose to a count of 8. As many times as you can, or until you calm. Something about the counting really helps focus your mind elsewhere. Socalfosh gave you all my other tricks.

Good luck. I know the anticipation is so hard.

Yea that sounds like it just might work to!!! Im trying all of the above :-)

Hi sleeve in it!! The during breathing is essential, totally forgot that part, sorry. I used the breathing method as I waited for my surgery this morning. I had lap band for five years which was removed in August. My doc requires a wait period before doing the sleeve. I'm learning that my surgery took a long time due to some scar tissue that actually "glued" my liver and stomach together! Not sure how that wasn't seen when the band came out and during a recent MRI, but apparently that's why surgery was so long. Other than that, I'm THRILLED to report that I feel great (aside from just being tired). Pain is minimal and I'm a big wuss to pain. The lap band coming out was far worse pain. This is just not bad at all! I hope my report helps ease some of your anxieties. :-)

Hi sleeve in it!! The during breathing is essential, totally forgot that part, sorry. I used the breathing method as I waited for my surgery this morning. I had lap band for five years which was removed in August. My doc requires a wait period before doing the sleeve. I'm learning that my surgery took a long time due to some scar tissue that actually "glued" my liver and stomach together! Not sure how that wasn't seen when the band came out and during a recent MRI, but apparently that's why surgery was so long. Other than that, I'm THRILLED to report that I feel great (aside from just being tired). Pain is minimal and I'm a big wuss to pain. The lap band coming out was far worse pain. This is just not bad at all! I hope my report helps ease some of your anxieties. :-)

CONGRATS...........

I think being anxious is to be expected as you've made a big decision. If you think it's really too much to handle can you get your doc to get you some anti-anxiety medication? In the past, I took some and it really helped take the edge off.

My surgery was 4 days ago and for the few nights before it, I didn't sleep at all well. I was up for a couple of hours most nights....trying to take care of details, get stuff ready, read more blogs of people who were facing the same thing. It did help.

That said, after surgery you'll be sleeping for a couple of days! It's actually quite a blessing as you get rest and just sleep through the most challenging pain. Take the meds as much as you need and you'll be surprised at how well you'll do.

Good luck! You're feeling what every one of us has felt, I'm sure, and you'll be so glad you stuck with it. Hope to hear soon that you've had the surgery.