Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

After my senior year of high school which was last year i have been so quick to get anxiety attacks....like i think about something to hard or know how life changing something will be or me i bug out and have an axiety attack...before when it used to happen i didnt know how to control it but now when i feel it coming on i know that ita just that and not a heart attack or w.ever else... but these past couple of weeks anxiety has been killing me and surgery couldnt take no.longer to come... seriously...i cant take it anymore i just need it to happen so i can move on with my life because i hate these feelings...does anyone habe any ideas for what they do when the have anxiety?? Maybe how they surpress the feeling without meds? And other than tryna get it off their mind...im desperate for solutions because right about now i eat....sleep....and breath sleeve...

Hi sleevnit, I suffer from generalized anxiety and have gone to therapy for it and taken medicine. There are some really helpful techniques that you can use to help. First. BREATH. Concentrate on breathing. Go to a quiet room, bresth in through your nose and exhale through your mouth. You should exhale kind of forcefully. Do that for a few minutes. Also, write down those thoughts that are racing through your head. Often times just acknowledging them and helping them get out of your head are very helpful. Last, THINK about the list time you had racing thoughts or anxiety about something. What happened? Im willing to bet nothing. Most things we fear, don't ever materialize. And if they do and you've survived it, then recognize it as a lesson that things aren't that bad once the storm is over. Remember this time in your life last year? Can you believe a year has passed?? Time flies. I know it's easy to get lost in the anxiety of this process, but enjoy each day, before you know it, another year will have passed. Good luck to you.

Socalfosh, those tips seem like everything!!!! I just tried it. Well the breathing one and it seemed to work. It seems like i get iit alot in the night i have so many things that run through my head and half of them wont materialize the other half is just me over thinking alot...i just want to thank you for taking time out to give me those tips becuase as surgery draws near these will be very useful

I hope they help. I remember the anxiety when I started this process and just wanting it all over, almost quit a few times, but I knew that would not solve anything. It's been 6 months for me know and surgery is Tuesday. I'm already stressing about the post op process so I'm practicing my own advice. :-)

That too shall pass. Time passes, whether we're having fun or not, so do your best to have fun.

Omg!! Your tuesday??? Good luck yup so i guess you will be using some of that advice i hope u keep us all posted?? Are uu freaking out yet??

Yes, Tuesday at 7:30. I have some anxiety about it and find myself second guessing it. But I think that's normal. I've struggled with obesity for 15 years so I know this is the right thing for me. I'm focusing on the bigger picture, the healthy lifestyle. I'm focusing on positive vibes and energy. I have a great surgeon and I've educated myself on this so I feel prepared, confident and ready! Thanks for the well wishes. :-)

Well when ur about to go under just make sure u put something up i would love to see your progress where are u from?

Wow! Im all the way in Brooklyn,New York..and im doing mines @ nyu with doctor ren feilding

I just had my sleeve done 5 days ago............ I was stressing myself before surgery and now I look back and think why was I so nervous.... Everything went great so far..... U lady's are making a great choice..........

I just had my sleeve done 5 days ago............ I was stressing myself before surgery and now I look back and think why was I so nervous.... Everything went great so far..... U lady's are making a great choice..........

Are u still in any pain?

Are u still in any pain?

I only had discomfort for the first 2 days...... Not really pain............. It felt like a period....... I did have a lot of gas but as I woke up today day 5 there hasn't been any gas

Wow that kinda sounds very promising to me..alot of ppl have been saying that about their gas pains...

Like after a couple days they feel normal

Wow that kinda sounds very promising to me..alot of ppl have been saying that about their gas pains...

I made sure not to hold in the gas....... I was burping like crazy....... Once u burp the discomfort is gone........... When is ur surgery.......... I was so freaking out before mine and know I look back and can't believe it's been 5 days already.......