Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Who In Here Is Drinking Sodas

Nope. From my plan and my research, they will not be in my future. Agua (sometimes flavored) for me.

PS, Have some friends at work, one with sleeve and one post bypass, and both drink sodas. Both have regained a LOT. Not science, just an anecdore...

As much as I love soda I will do all I can to not go back to it!

I am not drinking soda - my surgeon's rules were to wait at least 6 months, but preferably never. Diet soda is proven to make you gain weight, so there is no way I'd risk either after all the money and energy spent on this! The only "cheat" I have done is a half cup of coffee when I had a headache. After detoxing from caffeine, I don't want to get off the wagon, cuz that was a hard wagon to get on to. :)

Nope no soda for me. It was a bummer and I still on occasion really want one but I don't partake. I too have read the information that diet soda does cause weight gain. More than anything I gave it up and don't want to start it back up. I have taken to drinking tea and half Decaf coffee (1 in the morning) and obviously Water. :)

I'm almost 8 months in and no soda for me. Gave it up this long and see no reason to start drinking it again.

I had 1/2 club soda 1/2 Water w/ lime. About 6 oz worth. I drank it with a straw! Shocking I know.

Please do as your dr says.

That said, I had no problems other than lots of burping.

I've been craving soda like crazy, I love the fizz, and I made a mistake of taking a huge gulp the other day. It got stuck in my throat and I thought I was going to choke. Taught me that my body just can't have soda anymore. I still sneak tiny sips every now and then but even after one my whole stomach feels so full. Plus all the docs tell you that the carbonation will start to stretch out your stomach. Would suck to have this expensive surgery just to sort of reverse it by having stuff that has no nutritional value anyways, but why do they have to make it taste so good?

Not me and I never will again!

looks like most will skip on the bubbles... and I skipped on some wonderful champagne to Celebrate my daughter's entrance into the Virginia Bar!!!

On 12/7/13 I will be 4 months post-op so I can say I have not had a soda in about 5 months. My cousin had the gastric bypass 10years ago. She drinks diet sofas and she has not gain all her weight back. She has gained about 20-30 lbs over the 10years. She tells me that I can go back to diet sodas.....and she is right. I just don't want to. It was SO hard to quit; I have no plans to go back (regular nor diet). I do sneek in a cup of coffee when I work graves which is seldom.

I think this is different for all. I was very addicted to diet coke. I was drinking two or three 44oz a day....if not more. I gave it up in August, which turned out to be a month before surgery.

Since surgery I've had a few cups of Diet Root Beer, but I let it go flat. I will not let myself have diet coke because I don't think I could have a few sips on occasion without craving it constantly. As with all foods, there are some I don't ever want to try again post sleeve (fast food, greasy, etc).

Does diet snapple put on the weight too?

No, i wasn't a real big soda drinker anyway. But I do miss my coffee!!!