Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Burning Sensation At Incision

Was sleeved on Nov. 18. Here I am, 5 days out and on the left incision, I get a burning sensation every time I move. I've limited my walking because if this. I find myself leaning forward to help relieve that pain which in turn ends up causing my back to hurt. Anyone else had this same feeling?

I have the same feeling except mine is one of the incisions to the right. I also removed bandages today of course strips are left on. I'm worried though. Btw we had our surgery same day.

post-184809-0-21269600-1385262186_thumb.png

[ATTACH]37627[/ATTACH]

I had the burning sensation on left incisions and skin between for first two weeks

I was sleeved on the 13th and mine burned and pulled for many days. There is a nasty internal stitch there that has to dissolve. That is where your stomach was removed and there is extra trauma there. Mine still lets me know it is there if I move just right and when I sleep.

Don't let it hinder your walking. Take your meds and then walk.

Good luck to you both!

I have the same feeling except mine is one of the incisions to the right. I also removed bandages today of course strips are left on. I'm worried though. Btw we had our surgery same day.

Let's work through this together! I didn't have bandages. Just derma tape. I'm afraid to touch anything. I have my husband check my incisions everyday to see if they are ok.

I had the burning sensation on left incisions and skin between for first two weeks

Thanks for that. I needed to know I wasn't the only one and to kind of get an idea of how long to expect this.

I was sleeved on the 13th and mine burned and pulled for many days. There is a nasty internal stitch there that has to dissolve. That is where your stomach was removed and there is extra trauma there. Mine still lets me know it is there if I move just right and when I sleep. Don't let it hinder your walking. Take your meds and then walk. Good luck to you both!

Ok. Good to hear. Let me ask you a question. I am a school teacher and will not be going back until Dec. 2. My classroom is upstairs. Do you think I will feel this?

I imagine by dec 2 you will be in great shape! Don't worry about it and enjoy your time awAy from the classroom!

Was sleeved on Nov. 18. Here I am, 5 days out and on the left incision, I get a burning sensation every time I move. I've limited my walking because if this. I find myself leaning forward to help relieve that pain which in turn ends up causing my back to hurt. Anyone else had this same feeling?

I am now 9 weeks out but had the burning sensation from about weeks 2-4. I was told by my surgeon it's all the muscles & nerves healing. The pain was around my largest incision where they removed my stomach from. I had trouble driving comfortably and bending over, but it does go away! Your body has gone through a lot lately & is still healing. Also, just FYI, hold your stomach with a pillow when sneezing, that hurt the worst!

I had revision surgery on 6/15/2020. I have lost a total of only 8 lbs in a month an 1/2. Burning at my incision site. My Dr. Don't repair my lengthened limb. I'm so depressed. When I had my first surgery, I lost 65 lbs. In 2 months! I don't know what's wrong! Anybody else had this experience?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Prdgrdma

So I guess after gastric bypass surgery, I cant eat flock chips because they are fried???  They sell them on here so I thought I could have them. So high in protein and no carbs.  They don't bother me at all.  Help. 
      · 1 reply
      1. NickelChip

It's possible for a very high fat meal to cause dumping in some (30% or so) gastric bypass patients, although it's more likely to be triggered by high sugar, or by the high fat/high sugar combo (think ice cream, donuts). Dietitians will tell you to never do anything that isn't 100% healthy ever again. Realistically, you should aim for a good balance of protein, carbs, and fat each day. Should you eat fried foods every day? No. Is it possible they will make you sick? Maybe. Is it okay to eat some to see what happens and have them for a treat every now and again? Yes.

• NovelTee

I'm not at all hungry on this liquid pre-op diet, but I miss the sensation of chewing. It's been about two weeks––surgery is in two days––and I can't imagine how I'll feel a couple of weeks post-op. Tonight, I randomly stumbled upon a mukbang channel on YouTube, and it was strangely soothing... is it just me, or is this a thing? 
      · 1 reply
      1. NickelChip

I actually watched cooking shows during my pre-op, like Great British Baking Show. It was a little bizarre, but didn't make me hungry. I think it was also soothing in a way.

• Clueless_girl

How do you figure out what your ideal weight should be? I've had a figure in my head for years, but after 3 mths of recovery I'm already almost there. So maybe my goal should be lower?
      · 2 replies
      1. NickelChip

Well, there is actually a formula for "Ideal Body Weight" and you can use a calculator to figure it out for you. This one also does an adjusted weight for a person who starts out overweight or obese. https://www.mdcalc.com/calc/68/ideal-body-weight-adjusted-body-weight

I would use that as a starting point, and then just see how you feel as you lose. How you look and feel is more important than a number.

2. Clueless_girl

I did find different calculators but I couldn't find any that accounted for body frame. But you're right, it is just a number. It was just disheartening to see that although I lost 60% of my excess weight, it's still not in the "normal/healthy" range..

• Aunty Mamo

Tomorrow marks two weeks since surgery day and while I'm feeling remarkably well and going about just about every normal activity, I did wind up with a surface abscess on on of my incision sights and was put on an antibiotic that made me so impacted that it took me more than two hours to eliminate yesterday and scared the hell out of me. Now there's Miralax in all my beverages that aren't Smooth Move tea. I cannot experience that again. I shouldn't have to take Ativan to go to the lady's. I really looking forward to my body getting with the program again. 
      I'm in day three of the "puree" stage of eating and despite the strange textures, all of the savory flavors seem decadent. 
      I timed this surgery so that I'd be recovering during my spring break. That was a good plan. Today is a state holiday and the final day of break. I feel really strong to return to school tomorrow. 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • BeanitoDiego

Now that I'm in maintenance mode, I'm getting a into a routine for my meals. Every day, I start out with 8-16 ounces of water, and then a proffee, which I have come to look forward to even the night before. My proffees are simply a black coffee with a protein powder added. There are three products that I cycle through: Premier Vanilla, Orgain Vanilla, and Dymatize Vanilla.
      For second breakfast on workdays, I will have a low-fat yogurt with two tablespoons of PBFit and two teaspoons of no sugar added dried cherries. I will have ingested 35-45 grams of protein at this point between the two breakfasts, with 250-285 calories, and about 20 carbs.
      For second breakfast on non-workdays, I will prepare two servings of plain, instant oatmeal with a tablespoon of an olive oil-based spread. This means I will have had 34 grams of protein, 365 calories, and 38 carbs. Non-workdays are when I am being very active with training sessions, so I allow myself more carbohydrate fuel.
      Snacks on any day are always mixed nuts, even when I am travelling. I will have 0.2 cups of a blend that I make myself. It consists of dry roasted peanuts, cashews, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, pistachios, and Brazil nuts. This is 5 grams of protein, 163 calories, and 7 carbs.
      Breakfast and snacks have been the easiest to nail down. Lunch and dinner have more variables, and I prepare enough for leftovers. I concentrate on protein first, and then add vegetables. Typically tempeh, tofu, or Field Roast products with roasted or sautéed vegetables. Today, I will be eating leftovers from last night. Two ounces of tempeh with four ounces of roasted vegetables that consist of red and yellow sweet peppers, sweet potatoes, small purple potatoes, zucchini, and carrots. I will add a tablespoon of olive oil-based spread, break up 3 walnuts to sprinkle of top, and garnish with two tablespoons of grated Parmesan cheese. This particular meal will be 19 grams of protein, 377 calories, and 28 grams of carbs. Bear in mind that I do eat more carbs when I am not working, and I focus on ingesting healthy carbs instead of breads/crackers/chips/crisps.
      It's a helluva journey and I'm thankful to be on it!

· 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches