Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I need some advice! How do you turn a hook up into something more?

I have never done a hookup (at least what I think you mean) so I don't know. Do you think that spending time getting to know the person, seeing if there is chemistry, common interests etc would be an approach? Do you know if he is looking for something more right now? Seems that could be a limiting factor if he doesn't want that in general.

I need some advice! How do you turn a hook up into something more?

You have to decide that you're no longer going to go along with just being in a hook up situation then let your partner know and stick to it -only then will you know if the other person is on the same page or not

You have to decide that you're no longer going to go along with just being in a hook up situation then let your partner know and stick to it -only then will you know if the other person is on the same page or not

I've been alone for years doing nothing but being a single mom so I am totally clueless about men and relationships. This is the first hook up I've ever had so your advice is right on I'm sure. It will also be my last hook up!

So I don't think you can "make" any relationship turn into anything. There are times when hook ups lead to friendships or relationships, and there are times when they lead to nothing more.

Either there's chemistry and compatibility there, or there's not and you can't fix that.

If you are able, take the hook up for what it's worth and be satisfied. If you can't, then just say that straight out and be prepared that may well be the end of the relationship--or it could lead to something else.

Good luck!

I started with a hook up three years ago and now I'm married to him. I think if it's meant to be more, it will turn into more. Good luck!

The first hook ups are always the worst, at least for me it was. It was really hard for me to separate my emotions from the physical. And really with a hook up most of the time it's just physical. And I honestly I think I made myself believe that I felt something for him just because we hooked up. Even though really I didn't. So make sure deep down that this guy is someone who you want to take it further than what you have now. And like others have stated. You can't make something happen, that's not meant. No matter how hard we try. Think of how many unhappy people we'd have if everybody got everything they wanted. Sometimes what we think would make us happy, really won't. The best thing to do is be honest with yourself, and when the time is right be honest with him. Letting him know how you feel. Either he will agree with you, or not agree with you.

I actually have gave it lots of thought and no I really don't want him. I am not the kind of person who will ever just have a hook up ever again. It's just not worth it!