Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any Florida Sleevers?

Yes, I actually had pretty severe anxiety and depression after surgery that I couldn't shake. My doctor finally put me on medication for it that helped a lot. I also struggle with back/hip issues that I'm going to therapy for right now. I'm mobile. But I'm in pain a lot.

Congrats on the amazing weight loss!!! That is awesome. Just try to do a little exercise every day. What you eat is a lot more important that how much you exercise.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Kristen Thanks for the word of encouragement. I see you are almost 2 year post op and that you had the sleeve as well. You stated what I eat is more important than exercise. However I find if I do not exercise I do not lose much. My surgeon doesn't have a NUT and I am getting very little guidance at this stage as to what I should be eating. I am 6 1/2 months post op and wondering (based on what you said) what kinds of foods at this stage I should be eating. I am trying my best to get in 60 to 80 Protein, low carb less than 100 and those aren't from Pasta or breads etc. Getting about 800 to 1000. Still drinking 1 or 2 Protein drinks a day (plus 64 oz of water) as I can only eat 3 to 4 oz of Protein a meal and very seldom have room for vegetables. Does this sound right for where I am or should I be doing something different food wise? By the way I did get back on my bike and rode for 50 minutes today.

I too am having some depression. I am a week out from surgery today. I know things will work out. I just don't feel like me right now.

Yep not feeling like yourself isn't a good feeling for me either. It affects my desire to exercise, work and my friendships. I just don't like the way it makes me feel. I hope this feeling leaves soon for all of us.

Yes, I actually had pretty severe anxiety and depression after surgery that I couldn't shake. My doctor finally put me on medication for it that helped a lot. I also struggle with back/hip issues that I'm going to therapy for right now. I'm mobile. But I'm in pain a lot.

Congrats on the amazing weight loss!!! That is awesome. Just try to do a little exercise every day. What you eat is a lot more important that how much you exercise.

Kristen Thanks for the word of encouragement. I see you are almost 2 year post op and that you had the sleeve as well. You stated what I eat is more important than exercise. However I find if I do not exercise I do not lose much. My surgeon doesn't have a NUT and I am getting very little guidance at this stage as to what I should be eating. I am 6 1/2 months post op and wondering (based on what you said) what kinds of foods at this stage I should be eating. I am trying my best to get in 60 to 80 Protein, low carb less than 100 and those aren't from Pasta or breads etc. Getting about 800 to 1000. Still drinking 1 or 2 Protein drinks a day (plus 64 oz of water) as I can only eat 3 to 4 oz of protein a meal and very seldom have room for vegetables. Does this sound right for where I am or should I be doing something different food wise? By the way I did get back on my bike and rode for 50 minutes today.

So you didn't really have anyone give you any guidance on how much you should be eating? I had my surgery in Mexico so I didn't have access to a NUT either but I worked closely with my primary doctor at home. I would encourage you to read about Whole30. It is a clean way of eating that focuses on quality protein, veggies, fruits and fats. It is tough but teaches you a lot about how your body reacts to food and you usually lose a decent amount by following the program. I've completed 3 rounds of Whole30 if you have any questions about it but a lot is just reading the info on the website.

Kristen Thanks for the word of encouragement. I see you are almost 2 year post op and that you had the sleeve as well. You stated what I eat is more important than exercise. However I find if I do not exercise I do not lose much. My surgeon doesn't have a NUT and I am getting very little guidance at this stage as to what I should be eating. I am 6 1/2 months post op and wondering (based on what you said) what kinds of foods at this stage I should be eating. I am trying my best to get in 60 to 80 Protein, low carb less than 100 and those aren't from Pasta or breads etc. Getting about 800 to 1000. Still drinking 1 or 2 Protein drinks a day (plus 64 oz of water) as I can only eat 3 to 4 oz of protein a meal and very seldom have room for vegetables. Does this sound right for where I am or should I be doing something different food wise? By the way I did get back on my bike and rode for 50 minutes today.

So you didn't really have anyone give you any guidance on how much you should be eating? I had my surgery in Mexico so I didn't have access to a NUT either but I worked closely with my primary doctor at home. I would encourage you to read about Whole30. It is a clean way of eating that focuses on quality protein, veggies, fruits and fats. It is tough but teaches you a lot about how your body reacts to food and you usually lose a decent amount by following the program. I've completed 3 rounds of Whole30 if you have any questions about it but a lot is just reading the info on the website.

My surgeon just said to keep doing what I am doing at my 6 month checkup. Am staying away from a lot of foods that are not so clean. Not following Whole 30 but thanks for the info.

Hi, I'm hoping to get my sleeve done in October 2016, is anyone from Tallahassee, FL? And has anyone here had to work with Medicare for this surgery?

Have a blessed new day

Not to far from

Anyone in the Tampa/St. Pete area?

Not too far, I am in Yalaha, but I will just say Leesburg since most people don't have a clue where Yalaha is.

Plenty of folks go to Dr. Wizman's support groups. Google Bariatrix Florida. It's on Margate but an easy drive down the turnpike. I come from Delray. The meetings have been invaluable to me. PM me if you have specific questions. Good luck!!

Any interest in doing a meet up in Tampa somewhere?

I'm in Keystone Heights which is near Gainesville ... my surgery will be on 1/25/2017

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using the BariatricPal App