Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any Florida Sleevers?

Hi Liv, I am in Jupiter! Who did your surgery? I am almost 5 months post op. Very happy ;)

I just saw this! Idk how I missed it. Ya I'm not a month out yet but almost there! I've lost 30lbs already. Would love to know more sleevers in my area! Jupiter is close! :)

Yayy!! Welcome all, welcome!!

South Florida in Wellington, Lake Worth, Boynton Beach area? I'm 5 days post op! Would love to find someone who knows my struggles. These normal stomach people don't get it!!!!

Hi, I'm in Ft Lauderdale.

I live in the delray area. I am about 10 months out.

I live in the delray area. I am about 10 months out.

Pretty close. I plan on having my procedure done in Boca with Dr. Shillingford.

I have family that lives in Delray it only takes me 15 min to get there. I had my surgery done in Wellington by Dr. Wizman. How are you 10 months out? I get sick easily still and I'm not eating or drinking enough. I can't or I get sick. I feel like I'll never be normal again. :(

I have family that lives in Delray it only takes me 15 min to get there. I had my surgery done in Wellington by Dr. Wizman. How are you 10 months out? I get sick easily still and I'm not eating or drinking enough. I can't or I get sick. I feel like I'll never be normal again. :(

Oh no, don't say that... :( I know you'll get better, you just have to believe that. I actually haven't been sleeved yet, paying out the pocket so I had to save money. I'm getting sleeved hopefully by the end of Feb or beginning of March 2014. Hey, I thought about going to Dr. Wiseman at first, but even being self pay, I heard he makes the patient go through a 6 months prep like the insurance patients. I decided to go elsewhere, I'm not waiting to go through all the classes and stuff. That's insurance requirements for those patients. I don't know why he wants self-pay to do that too. But how was he? How was your overall experience.

Jacksonville here. Go Gators!

Essence, my advice to you is to be positive. I feel the procedure (11/18) was 10 times easier than I expected. I spent 1 night in the hospital and had 1 dose of pain medication since I went home. I have more energy and was shopping 4 days after surgery, but being careful. One month post op, I stay out shopping 4-5 hours, when before surgery I barely would leave my house. I feel wonderful.

I had a little episode this week from not chewing long enough, and eating faster than I should. I strongly caution you to follow the guidelines of your doctor and don't be adventurous, it will bite you, LOL!!

Merry Christmas all, and good luck Essence!

Go Noles!! hehehehe :)

Hi, thanks and congrats to you. I will take that advice into consideration. I hope I am like you when I have my procedure. :) Merry Christmas and a Healthy Happy New Year. I can't wait!

Oh no, don't say that... :( I know you'll get better, you just have to believe that. I actually haven't been sleeved yet, paying out the pocket so I had to save money. I'm getting sleeved hopefully by the end of Feb or beginning of March 2014. Hey, I thought about going to Dr. Wiseman at first, but even being self pay, I heard he makes the patient go through a 6 months prep like the insurance patients. I decided to go elsewhere, I'm not waiting to go through all the classes and stuff. That's insurance requirements for those patients. I don't know why he wants self-pay to do that too. But how was he? How was your overall experience.

Oh no I was self pay too... I decided to do it and it only took a month to get sleeved. There were some prior requirements but I appreciated them because it was to make sure I was healthy enough for surgery. It was not nearly as extensive as insurance patients. I loved my experience at Wellington Regional and Dr. Wizman is awesome. His personality is amazing and after a lot of research he is one of the best surgeons in South Florida and in my opinion maybe even in the country. The staff is very knowledgeable and he is truly an amazing surgeon. I'm so happy I went with him. Me and my sleeve are still getting to know each other and I also have had several prior stomach and gastric surgeries for other health issues. I'm 5 weeks post op today.

Oh no I was self pay too... I decided to do it and it only took a month to get sleeved. There were some prior requirements but I appreciated them because it was to make sure I was healthy enough for surgery. It was not nearly as extensive as insurance patients. I loved my experience at Wellington Regional and Dr. Wizman is awesome. His personality is amazing and after a lot of research he is one of the best surgeons in South Florida and in my opinion maybe even in the country. The staff is very knowledgeable and he is truly an amazing surgeon. I'm so happy I went with him. Me and my sleeve are still getting to know each other and I also have had several prior stomach and gastric surgeries for other health issues. I'm 5 weeks post op today.

Ok, may look into him again. May I ask, how much does he charge being self pay? Don't worry though, you'll get better in no time. Your body is still adjusting to change. In due time, you'll start to feel great. I really wish you successful, speedy recovery.

Welcome Lin, you are probably just starting to feel better! I am in Jacksonville, and 2 months post op.

Have your tastes changed after surgery? I didn't gain my weight from sweets and can't stand all those flavored Protein Drinks, bought some unflavored and put it in some Soup. It was so gritty. I am going to try some of the vanilla Protein in some super tart plain Greek yogurt to see if they will balance each other out.

Largo/Clearwater FL here!!!

Have your tastes changed after surgery? I didn't gain my weight from sweets and can't stand all those flavored Protein drinks, bought some unflavored and put it in some Soup. It was so gritty. I am going to try some of the vanilla protein in some super tart plain Greek yogurt to see if they will balance each other out.

I am also gagged by overly sweet things. I got unflavored whey powder and put some natural peantut butter in before mixing it in my Ninja blender. It worked for me.