Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Wth! Am I Doing!

IM off track! I can't seem to get out this funk! Is this normal or do I need a kick in the butt? I think I need a kick but I'm just off track. I'm not losing weight at all! I'm stuck at 199 which is a 5 pound gain from surgery. I do not have Fluid in my band yet but I'm 1 month post op. What are some of you eating to burn. I'm not a Breakfast person. I'm not a fan of sweet breakfast like oatmeal so what do I eat? Help! Someone grab me and slap me back to reality. I'm out of control!

Hi Sweetie, calm down -- you're doing fine! It's very common not to lose weight or even to gain during this time. You've had the band installed and are waiting now to have it adjusted. When do you go in for your first fill? It may take a few adjustments to get it working perfectly for you. That is the beauty of the adjustable Lapband system. Congratulations on getting down into the hundreds. You may want to track what you're eating so you know exactly how many calories you're consuming -- and getting exercising will help tremendously. Good luck to you!

Sweetie

Hello :)

Breakfast items:

oatmeal (natural, no flavor or sugar), add chopped walnuts. I add dried or fresh fruit in little bits because I like the flavor, but this can be emitted

eggs and ham, eggs with??? make an omelete or even a quiche cup<<<easy to make

Yogurt (plain or flavored) w/ granola (add Protein powder for a kickstart to your Protein intake)

Don't like to eat in the a.m. maybe stick to a Protein shake just to get your metabolism revved up

Girl you are just starting! Don't get discouraged yet! Remember, losing with the lap band is a PROCESS. It does not just happen super fast like RNY! Pace yourself, make good decisions, and practice eating small bites and portions for when you are in your green zone! Good luck!

You got this. Just hang in there and follow through with your post op visits and fills and the process will gradually work.

Good luck!!

You're still healing Sweetie. Protein Shakes with fruit and yogurt are always best in the morning. I'm almost three years post op and still have my Protein shakes for Breakfast. Cottage cheese is also good with fruit as well. I buy the little doubles. They are 82 cents at Walmart. Congratulations on being banded.

We have all experienced panic mode over something once we have this band...or at least I have! Take a breath. We are here for support. You will do just fine. It didn't take a month to put it on and it won't take a month to take it off. And the scale will move...up and down....but down will prevail, as will you.

I know your first fill is tomorrow, but please be patient. You may not feel a difference for a couple fills, sometimes more.

I know your first fill is tomorrow, but please be patient. You may not feel a difference for a couple fills, sometimes more.

It's all me to. I know I can be putting in a better effort to eat right. I need to get moving too! I'll be patient...besides I keep telling myself this is not I diet it's my new life.

It's all me to. I know I can be putting in a better effort to eat right. I need to get moving too! I'll be patient...besides I keep telling myself this is not I diet it's my new life.

this is right...its not dieting

its changing what we eat and moving

you got a great attitude..dont make me hunt you down woman,,,,

this is right...its not dieting

its changing what we eat and moving

you got a great attitude..dont make me hunt you down woman,,,,

Lol you are too awesome.!!! I'm getting motivate. Thank you for lifting me up and keeping it real!!!

So glad to read this thread through again this morning. I am going in for my first potential fill appointment this afternoon. Have been feeling hungry and hungry again sooner, etc. Lately I have little moments of panic as I don't want to be on a diet. I watch what I eat, etc., but it's a careful balance not to go the deprivation route followed by the inevitable swing the other way. I know the band will prevent that but the fill is key. And I know I am right at the most difficult time, a month out. Time for Super Attitude and Perseverance. Joy, joy, joy! We have got our bands -- we will get there....and hopefully enjoy the process along the way.