Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Northern California Sleevers

Any northern california sleevers out there. Im having surgery on january 8th in sacramento. Hoping to find a buddy or two to talk to. Good luck everyone!!!

Hello, I am in Oroville - about 70 miles north of Sacramento. I was sleeved 10/22/13 - everything is going good, I am down 29 pounds from highest weight & 22 down since surgery date.

I'd be happy to have a buddy to chat with as we start on a new path to health :)

Hi! I'm in the East Bay (Oakland/San Leandro, CA area). I haven't had my surgery yet. I am hoping for the last two weeks of December but, it all depends on the insurance approval. At this point I am just hoping for an approval...Dec or Jan I don't even care anymore ;) I just want an approval.

Hello I am north of Sac in Auburn. :) I am still waiting on insurance approval but my surgeon is in Sacramento as well. Who is everyone's surgeon?

My Surgeon is Dr. Eslami. He is going to be performing the surgery at Methodist and its through Hills Physicians Insurance...Glad to see I got some response to this post...

Omgosh! I'm going to Dr. Eslami too!! I have not met him yet. Have you? How is he? Doesn't he also have an office in Folsom? I kinds wanna go to Folsom cause it's like 45 min closer..

I am seeing Dr. Upadahay in Oakland. I have Hills Physician's too! I have so much anxiety about being approved!

Ok, Now I would really be interested in comparing with you about Hills Physician's (if you don't mind). My BMI is 40.5 I have a six month weight management program that I must attend. I have no comorbidities and have done all the pre-requisites. I have my final weigh in December 5th and I am noticing I am having a lot of anxiety about the approval. Do you have the same requirements?

Dr. Eslami is very down to earth and nice. He is very strict about how he wants his patients to be on a strict diet and how they care for themselves afterwards. Im really happy he will be my surgeon. Hills had me do: 6 month weigh ins, upper gi or (endoscopy), pap smear, blood work, chest x ray, psych eval., and i cant think of anything else. LOL I have high BP, mid-high Cholesterol, and my BMI is over 40 so I qualified for it. If your BMI is over 40 they usually will approve it with everything done. Good Luck!! Let us know if you get approved!!

I actually don't have Hills Physicians I am under Sierra Nevada but Eslami is under Sierra Nevada as well so he I who I have to go through. I work for the State so I have Blue Shield Net Value (pers) HMO. I'm still a little confused as to what I have to do because I have not actually met with Eslami yet. But according to my primary physician I just need to have a BMI of 35 or higher, comorbities are not necessary and he just has to show proof that he has been working with and talking to me about my weight for at least 6 months. Now as far as what Eslami will want me to do..... I have no clue...

I'm 35 years old, 5'4 240 lbs with a BMI of 40. I have high BP but am on BP meds and my blood pressure has been running, 135/82 about..

I've jumped through all the hoops and hopefully they don't make excuses. I have been following their requirements. The insurance co. told me my BMI had to be over 40 which it is. I even made sure if that if I lost any weight it would not go against me. I have been told (by my insurance and my dietician) that it won't. I guess I am just expecting the worst and hoping for the best. As soon as I hear I will post........Thanks for the good luck wish!

I will definitely keep my fingers crossed for you! I hope I get approved.. I was reading an arrival that they are/had lowered the BMI requirements for lap band. I don't know why they have to decide what I can and can't do with my body though...

I couldn't do the lap band either. I originally was leaning towards the lap band but after reading through all the information I decided to get the sleeve. Good luck to you also!!

An article

Sorry I am new and posted in the sleeve forum... Sorry.. :(

The surgeon I was going to first said she would never suggest the sleeve and did not like even doing it.