Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Competition Amongst Women

Careful. I tried mentioning this once and got accused of being an insensitive toad.

Butter.....perhaps I AM a bit insensitive at times....which kind of makes my point I guess. If I were more sensitive, it would tend to lead to more drama. :) I know there's probably a good middle ground at which I need to aspire. So, I'm a "recovering insenstive toad"..... who is trying to do better. At least I'm past the denial stage.....acknowledgement is the first step towards recovery right? ;)

Butter.....perhaps I AM a bit insensitive at times....which kind of makes my point I guess. If I were more sensitive, it would tend to lead to more drama. :) I know there's probably a good middle ground at which I need to aspire. So, I'm a "recovering insenstive toad"..... who is trying to do better. At least I'm past the denial stage.....acknowledgement is the first step towards recovery right? ;)

I dunno. I embrace my toadness.

So, I'm a "recovering insenstive toad".....

Funny I never got that impression about you! ;)

And LV - - as we previously discussed there is just no use with the whole comparison deal. WHY do people insist on doing that? And to have someone do it in a negative way...ugh! I'm sorry someone tried to drag you down...at the end of the day we all have to face ourselves in the mirror and I refuse to live my life in a negative fashion. I wouldn't bother giving them any more thoughts...deep breath in, exhale out.

YOU GOT THIS!

Why do we do that? Why must we compare?

I think it's in our genes!!! Seriously!

I'm glad to say I have never compared any women when their in jeans ;)

I've never been the competitive type. I'm always in my own little world and only worry about myself. Others have definitely motivated me, but never been envious. I work hard to improve myself not sit back and hate on those who may have it better or worse. I surround myself with like-minded people.

But I work with a lot of women who always point out whatever negative point they can about my endeavors. When I told my client I was pregnant, her reply, "my coworker lost her baby 6 months into her pregnancy" Another client pointed out that my boobs are shrinking due to my weightloss. When I went back to school to be a nurse, one client said,"ewws I could never do that" .

Someone is always going to try to bring you down when you're succeeding. I try not to let anyone influence me but as you can see, I still remember every word of their negative comments. Does it affect my happiness? Hell no! I realize they are unhappy and I usually reply with something positive. I have come to the conclusion that misery loves company. I choose not to be their companion.

I am ashamed to confess that due to the enormous size of my ego I seldom feel compelled to enter into any comparison battles with anyone over anything. It would be the equivalent in my mind to entering into mortal combat with a hamster. My sense of power renders the outcome a foregone conclusion and therefore too boringly trivial to engage in.

Now if anyone thinks they have a bigger ego than mine give it your best shot! :angry: :D

I am ashamed to confess that due to the enormous size of my ego I seldom feel compelled to enter into any comparison battles with anyone over anything. It would be the equivalent in my mind to entering into mortal combat with a hamster. My sense of power renders the outcome a foregone conclusion and therefore too boringly trivial to engage in.

Now if anyone thinks they have a bigger ego than mine give it your best shot! :angry: :D

That was classic "gmanbat"! It's not even a contest! :)

I have never had to do this in the 7 years i've been posting on lapbandtalk or sleve talk, but if someone's posts continued to bother me, I would block them. Then I wouldn't have to even see their posts.

I would hope that most of us would in a tactful way, call people on their bs and if necessary, report it. It's agains the terms of service here, Ya know?

Laura!!! There is NO ONE you should compare yourself too! You are one of a kind and amazing I might add!! Your an inspiration and I love reading your posts! It's nice to hear a voice of reason when someone wont call the BS!!

I find I compare myself to many on here but do try to remember It's all to possible some of it is a front!. I left Facebook for that very reason. Some people just post what they know people wanna hear or what they think makes them look better!. AND I HATE IT!!!

I've always thought you are real, a real person, a real woman, a real caring person and have a awesome sence of humor!! I told you once I liked your style and I still do, Plus I love your jeans in your full body pic!! :)

Havent seen you much on here either and I hate it!! :D :D

Lol! I'm here you can tell because my first post back is kicking up some dust :P

My son has been in a spelling bee competition for the last two days and I volunteered for a potluck today at his school.

Oh and I spent time clothes shopping too!!

Body image is so weird somedays..

I squeezed my fat ass into a size 6 skinny jeans I think they are snug but my husband liked them but honestly it was between that pair and another pair that were twice the price... I think cost motivates him somedays :P

I told him after I tried them on though that I still feel fat somedays like I know I'm a ton smaller...

But it's like a smaller fat Laura I let things get into my head sometimes..

I need to be proud oh! and maybe lift a weight or two to firm up :)

Dust is your middle name!!! LMAO Glad your back....How'd the boy do in the spelling bee?? I'm a terrible speller. Gah the one time I was put in one by my teacher I freaked out (I was in 3rd grade) and totally couldn't spell basket!! WTF LOL

Ha a size 6!!! Look at you go. I wore a size 6 in like 4th grade.....your doing awesome. Not at goal I say that proves your a success :) Toning yes I believe I could do that too. I think that I will always have too. I'm terrified of bat wings. My grandma has them and has always since I can remember. I FEEL mine now!! Ugh

Glad you got to do some shopping therapy. I look forward to that day! Until then I'll listen to your shopping details haha :P

He's doing great, considering he hasn't trained for this since birth like some of the other kids still left in the competition :P

Bat wings yes... weight loss and age a double whammy for me, when I started this I said if I get healthy lose the weight and look decent IN clothes, I'll be good.

But a little working out never hurt anyone :D

I found the breastfeeding wars to be the most vicious and tedious of all mom battles. I would always just say that I felt boob matters were a private concern.

I found the breastfeeding wars to be the most vicious and tedious of all mom battles. I would always just say that I felt boob matters were a private concern.

"Breastfeeding wars"? I'm going to need a little more information about these please. When & where do these occur? :)

Seriously...there is such a thing? What is the objective.....is it a volume thing? Just don't understand how this is made into a competition. :huh:

"Breastfeeding wars"? I'm going to need a little more information about these please. When & where do these occur? :) Seriously...there is such a thing? What is the objective.....is it a volume thing? Just don't understand how this is made into a competition. :huh:

Lol you and me both!!

I breast feed both of my babies and glad I did but I never felt any competition about it...

I will say I cut those little suckers off (haha little suckers) before they could walk across the room and unhook my bra for themselves though :P