Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What's Your Favorite Store Now?

I still have a lot to lose, but i'm down 50 lbs. i've been mostly just shopping my closet, which is a lot of fun! There have been a few times I have gone into a store and just turned around and walked out because it was all just so overwhelming. I cant wait till that passes and i can enjoy shopping for the first time in a LONG time!

I haven't had my surgery yet, it's looking like end of April beginning of May.

I can't wait to go into Nordstrom and buy from the "normal" section. Also Victoria's Secret!!!

I am 28 and very into fashion so I can't wait to be able to go into the city and walk into any boutique and be able to fit in the clothes!!!

I am heading close to the dreaded "between floors." This happens to me around 1x. Our local Macy's has the plus sizes on a different floor than the "regular" sizes. What happens around now is that I have to bounce back and forth to find something that fits. I might fit in an XL, but, then again, I might have to go upstairs to get a 1X.

I am really thinking about doing Gwennie B (however you spell that.) But the last time I looked I didn't like anything on there.

Ross!!!!

Dillard's - I shop their sales!! Quality clothes at seriously good prices. Additional 30%, sometimes an additional 40% off sale and clearance items!!!

I shop almost exclusively at old navy tbh haha. I really like Maurice's, and I can't wait to shop at places like New York and Company and random boutique shops.

I still have a hard time believing I can wear a size Large.

My style and budget do not match. I pick up consignment mostly. Exercise clothing I generally buy at discount stores. TJMAX One really cool thing is often my size 0 or 2 is on the clearance rack. Nordstrom rack and Brooks Brothers are on my go to if I need to pick it up for a work event. I still do not feel I am itty bitty! I laughed at the reference to Cold Water creek. The clearance at Eastern Mountain sports is also one of my go to spots.

During the drastic losing stage I advise everyone to shop in goodwill. I learned my lesson after shopping for work clothes in Macys, I literally spent 1 week in size 14 pants and 2 weeks in size 12. Now that I've introduced carbs back to my diet my weight is slowing down. I'm in 10 pants, sometimes an 8.

Sent from my SM-N910T using BariatricPal mobile app

The only time I've worn regular sizes, I got down to a 10, back in 2000. The thing is, I watched a youtube video of a bariatric patient that weighed 15lbs more than I did, and was 5 inches shorter than me, and she was modeling size 8 jeans.

I wondered about it enough that I did some research. I learned the sizes have changed in the last 17 years! My size 10 is now a size 8.

My MIL wore size 12 in the 60s, and now she would be a size 0! (At least this makes sense how I could wear a "smaller" size, but weighed 40lbs more!)

To me, the perfect size was always 8 or 10, but now I guess it would have to be 6 or 8 to be considered medium. Is this what others are finding?

It also means there are more sizes to filter through until goal, which means more shopping! (Good or bad, depending on budget!).

I have had read that as well and find it to be true. It has been said that today Maryland Monroe would now be between a 0 and 8 but was size US 12 or UK 16 I so wish women's clothes were size by inches or centimeters like men options.

Maurice's!!!!! I'm wearing more Old Navy now too. JCP and Maurice's for work pants.

I'm still loosing but I'm down to a 14/16 and can finally find clothing in non-plus size store :lol:

Right now I'm getting most of my clothing at Torrid, Dress Barn and Ross. I love being able to go beyond the one rack of plus sized clothing.