Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What's Your Favorite Store Now?

Way to go fallen. Keep up the great progress. You are an inspiration.

I can't wait to buy sexy panties and bras from Victoria secret. I also just want to try everywhere I can because I've been limited to lane Bryant, Ashley Stewart, torrid, and old navy online. Can't wait branch out!

I've shopped at H&M. Cheap, low quality stuff. If you are dropping a lot of sizes, it's a good place to shop b/c it's cheap. If you are close to goal, I would only buy a few trendy pieces b/c it's cheap.

I am so glad you mentioned that it's cheap. I bought a really cute top there for a party, wore it once. Went to pull it out the other day and it was torn.

So I wanted to come back to this thread as a follow up- I went into Victorias Secret the other day. I was pretty intimidated because I've never gone in there with out a thin friend- yeah I know that sounds irrational but I had bad anxiety that everyone was going to stare at me. Sometimes I still see myself as much larger then I am I guess...I went in and looked around and a sweet sales girl asked me if she could help me find a size...I asked her if they had a certain sweater in a large and panicked thinking she was going to think to herself 'You're too fat for a large..' I swear its SUCH a mental thing! Anyway I reluctantly went into the dressing room with a few size large sweaters not really expecting much and low and behold THEY FIT! I haven't cried this whole process but I cried in the dressing room. I've wanted to wear these sweaters since I was literally 15. It was such an emotional moment for me. Super surreal. My next goal is to fit into their yoga pants!

Oh please post a picture of you in your new sweater. It would be wonderful to see how far you have come...congratulations on a wonderful NSV!

Here's a pic from the changing room- not the best but definitely captures the moment!

post-132999-0-80848000-1394424038_thumb.jpg

So I wanted to come back to this thread as a follow up- I went into Victorias Secret the other day. I was pretty intimidated because I've never gone in there with out a thin friend- yeah I know that sounds irrational but I had bad anxiety that everyone was going to stare at me. Sometimes I still see myself as much larger then I am I guess...I went in and looked around and a sweet sales girl asked me if she could help me find a size...I asked her if they had a certain sweater in a large and panicked thinking she was going to think to herself 'You're too fat for a large..' I swear its SUCH a mental thing! Anyway I reluctantly went into the dressing room with a few size large sweaters not really expecting much and low and behold THEY FIT! I haven't cried this whole process but I cried in the dressing room. I've wanted to wear these sweaters since I was literally 15. It was such an emotional moment for me. Super surreal. My next goal is to fit into their yoga pants!

I had almost that exact same experience in there, just with a bra. I was sort of thinking no one would wait on on me, that nothing would fit, etc....but I was wrong. Still so thrilling, and congratulations!

Here's a pic from the changing room- not the best but definitely captures the moment!

attachicon.gif:

You look good girl....thanks for the pic!!! :)

Dillards, Anthropolgie and fun little boutiques!!

I freely admit, vanity is why I had WLS. I wanted to have fun shopping, I wanted to look good in clothes!! I TELL non-ops that it was preventive maintenance, and that is partly true, but deep down. I know how shallow I am. :)

actually victoria's secret has good bra sales twice a year and I like their unlined full coverage bras. they would always stretch to fit me ( 40 dd +) and were very comfortable to wear. now they are carrying ddd which they didnt before. I am looking forward to shopping soon in the store! buying colors and prints in the bras, yeah. that is interesting about the size differences. I havent fit into a size 10 for a while so I will have to see how it works out in a few months. right now I am in 18 land but I remember it was hard to find 14s and 16s. so I made a lot of clothes which I plan to alter down. meanwhile I am in my storage boxes going wild and changing my clothes often and happily. love sara

Dillards, Anthropolgie and fun little boutiques!! I freely admit, vanity is why I had WLS. I wanted to have fun shopping, I wanted to look good in clothes!! I TELL non-ops that it was preventive maintenance, and that is partly true, but deep down. I know how shallow I am. :)

Amen to that! Lol!! My surgery is due partially to hypertension and obesity but the other half is really due to me wanting to be the sexy woman that I once was about 12 years and 80 pounds ago:)

I just re-read the original post. I hit 90 pounds gone this morning and my clothes are falling off. I went to Kohls and bought an XL sweater in the regular women section without trying it on. It was way too big. I can't wrap my head around what size clothes I really am. It is such a strange phenomenom when you have been shopping plus size for so long. On the down side, I am very pear shaped and pretty sure I won't see a size 12 or 14 until I am at goal. I haven't even tried on anything yet because I don't want to be disappointed. But, overall - what a thrill to shop now! I am probably a bit too old for Victoria Secrets but I find sexy stuff all the time! I wore a fitted black sweater with black pants to work the other day, people were awestruck at work. It was crazy how the tight black accentuated the curves and weight loss. Crazy! Now to lose the last 70 and finance my house for plastics - lol - just kidding - well….. maybe!

I'm an Old Navy kind of girl for basics. I went there the other day, bought a pair of Sweetheart skinny jeans in a 20 (If you know your ON the Sweetheart is the fit for those of us blessed with birthing hips and a small waist). They are almost too big in the waist. An 18 was a touch too tight. I wanted them to wear now since all my pants are literally sliding off my ass. But I did end up getting an 18 in a pair of jeggings. I also, went to Macy's and got a pair of $95 Jones New York pants for $16 on clearance. So now I have this one really nice pair of fancy business pants. LOL. I'm taking them to Indiana this weekend to have my mom hem them since she sews. I'm gonna wear the hell out of them. Funny thing is that I'm not even close to skinny, but my parents have never seen me this small. They are gonna freak out, but in a good way.