Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Best Hot Cocoa Protein Drink

I enjoyed the bucket of Prodiet hot cocoa and it is time to order more. Before I do, any other low/moderate carb Protein hot cocoas I should try?

I just get swiss miss no sugar added and use Unjury unflavored protein...this got me thru my first 2 weeks post op lol

I usually buy the Bari wise but the Proti Diet one looks good and more cost effective

drinks.html" rel="external nofollow">https://www.bariatricchoice.com/bariatric-diet-protein-hot-drinks.html

I used Health Wise...80 cal, 3 carbs, 15 Protein, 2 sugar

I drink the Proti Diet hot cocoa daily (except for now cuz I ran out!!! A new bucket is on it's way!!) I love it!! I also ordered some mint chocolate cocoa this time too...anxious to try it.

I drink the Proti Diet hot cocoa daily (except for now cuz I ran out!!! A new bucket is on it's way!!) I love it!! I also ordered some mint chocolate cocoa this time too...anxious to try it.

i have some in the mail coming to me! Are you able to really heat it up or is more warm chocolate than hot chocolate?

I was going to say that I just use regular chocolate Protein powder but this morning I tried to make a "dirty chai" - vanilla powder, SF chai Syrup, splash of coffee. I made it with boiling hot Water and the coffee was fresh and hot and the coffee ... curdled my protein! I can't think of a better word, it turned my Protein chunky! I'm dismayed, AND I have to drink/chew it because I can't afford to waste. Epic fail.

I was going to say that I just use regular chocolate Protein Powder but this morning I tried to make a "dirty chai" - vanilla powder, SF chai Syrup, splash of coffee. I made it with boiling hot Water and the coffee was fresh and hot and the coffee ... curdled my protein! I can't think of a better word, it turned my Protein chunky! I'm dismayed, AND I have to drink/chew it because I can't afford to waste. Epic fail.

ewwwww ewwww ewww. I've done that but trashed it. Bleh.

I think you need to buy the type made as cocoa. I was able to heat the ProtiDiet good and hot but I bought a tiny little wire whip from bed bath and beyond and kinda kept it stirred in the coffee cup. It tended to settle to the bottom otherwise. It wasn't heavenly good, but it was good and good protein/low carb.

Where can I find the mint cocoa?

i have some in the mail coming to me! Are you able to really heat it up or is more warm chocolate than hot chocolate?

I heat the Water HOT and then mix in the cocoa - you do have to stir it well and I always "swish" my cup before taking a sip cuz like CGJ says, it does tend to settle but it doesn't get lumpy, just settles

drinks.html." rel="external nofollow">http://www.bariatricchoice.com/bariatric-diet-protein-hot-drinks.html.

I've ordered the Cappuccino as well as the mint one...I will let y'all know ASAP how they are. But, the Proti Diet hot cocoa is really good to me...I cannot stand Protein shakes but this I like.

Well, I found a workaround for my problem, I make the Protein with cold Water, then gradually add hot Water (or hot coffee) until the whole beverage is hot. It works but can sometimes result in an overly watered down Protein :/ c'est la vie.

The Proti Diet hot cocoa will just settle Globe, and all I do is swish my cup, I add the hot Water and stir til all the lumps are gone...it dissolves well.

Well, I found a workaround for my problem, I make the Protein with cold Water, then gradually add hot water (or hot coffee) until the whole beverage is hot. It works but can sometimes result in an overly watered down protein :/ c'est la vie.

Protein powders will do that when you heat above 140

Well, I have tried to make hot cocoas, coffee-mocha type drinks etc and I never got that great of results with the regular Protein powders. I did the same thing which was to mix it with room temp Water and then add the hot Water or coffee. The ProtiDiet really does hold up to the heat and you can have an actual HOT cocoa without weirdness. It does settle, so you do need to either swirl or stir, but it mixes well.

anyway, I guess I will order more of it since I didn't hear a groundswell of another one to try! In the winter, a nice hot cocoa is such a treat and the Protein is good for me!