Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Does Anyone Else Feel Like This..?

Wednesday of this week ill be a month out... I'm 28lbs down but sometimes I feel like I just won't lose the weight still. I don't see it in myself at all and idk I just feel like I'm not guna lose. I have no thyroid so that always worrys me as well. I've only had 2 normal bm since surgery, the rest were loose stool every few days. Just ugh anyone else feel like this?

Wednesday of this week ill be a month out... I'm 28lbs down but sometimes I feel like I just won't lose the weight still. I don't see it in myself at all and idk I just feel like I'm not guna lose. I have no thyroid so that always worrys me as well. I've only had 2 normal bm since surgery, the rest were loose stool every few days. Just ugh anyone else feel like this?

Yup... that's me exactly. .. hang in there... check out the October posts and you'll see most of us are in the same boat.

Likewise. I'm at the point where I've lost down to over the past few years and I can't help but think about that. Doesn't help that I appear to be in the beginning of another stall :( But there is so much success on these boards and that helps as well as a local support group I'm a part of.

I had my sleeve done 5 days ago but I don't think it's worked. I don't feel sore or overly full when I eat, I'm 2 days out of hospital and can carry on my home duties as normal. I've been eating like I should but feel as if I could eat more, like more solid stuff. Is this normal? I'm grateful for a quick recovery but it's almost feeling too easy. I keep thinking they haven't cut enough out lol and yes I know that sound soooo stupid. Did anyone else feel like this? :(

A month out on Thursday of this week. I am in a "stall" on one hand. My weight hasn't gone down in three days. But on the other hand I think, "Really? Where is my patience?"

It will work. It HAS worked. But it is hard to see it right in the middle of the trenches.

I had my sleeve done 5 days ago but I don't think it's worked. I don't feel sore or overly full when I eat, I'm 2 days out of hospital and can carry on my home duties as normal. I've been eating like I should but feel as if I could eat more, like more solid stuff. Is this normal? I'm grateful for a quick recovery but it's almost feeling too easy. I keep thinking they haven't cut enough out lol and yes I know that sound soooo stupid. Did anyone else feel like this? :(

I thought the same thing at first and I felt hingry. Realized it was thirst pains. It's also mentally. Once u move to food ur guna be like wtf? Cuz that how I was .. Same way. Don't be discouraged

We all have such great (and "last ditch") hopes for this surgery. None of us would have chosen major surgery if we could have lost (and maintained) weight loss with diet.

Physically the sleeve is a fine tool. Follow your program and heal from surgery. Get your Water in, then focus on Protein...

Emotionally, however, the sleeve does NOT 'fix' you. And we all have fat brains. You MUST commit to a forever lifetime/lifestyle change and change your relationship with food. THIS IS HARD for each and every one of us. But with control of your fat brain, the sleeve cannot fail. Without control of our fat brains, I do not believe that the sleeve can ever work.

Here's something that might also help:

http://www.weightlosssurgeon.com/old/bariatric-surgery-guide/a-new-way-of-thinking/emotional-issues

Jeepers, was that ^ my post??? and it was. Sigh, I'll try again... funky web page...

We all have such hopes for this surgery. And for many of us this is a last ditch hope. Who on earth would choose MAJOR surgery if we could have lost weight and kept weight off with diet and exercise.

Physically the sleeve works. It restricts the stomach size ... and we have a TINY stomach. Now, in the early post surgery days, cut yourself a break. HEAL, Get your Water in, then focus on Proteins.

DO NOT BE CREATIVE... follow the program as strictly as you can. No smoking, reduce caffine, no carbonation, take your vitamines, and try to increase activity.

That said, the sleeve does NOT fix the fat brain, and we each have a fat brain (I call mine "Skippy"). Skippy wants to eat, mostly junk. Skippy already knows how to eat 'around the sleeve', and each and every day I have to deal with Skippy's bad manners. I must plan, I must eat ONLY what I plan to eat. Maybe some can be lax, but I can't.

Here's a good article that will help as well:

http://www.weightlosssurgeon.com/old/bariatric-surgery-guide/a-new-way-of-thinking/emotional-issues

Fluffnomore, You know how I react to the inevitable talls and the d*** scale in others. Well I am in a two week stall and despite my good brain understanding what is happening, Skippy keeps saying "see you have failed, have a couple tacos" It NEVER fails, Skippy is always watching...

I thought the same thing at first and I felt hingry. Realized it was thirst pains. It's also mentally. Once u move to food ur guna be like wtf? Cuz that how I was .. Same way. Don't be discouraged

Thanks for your reply, I'm new to using this app. I'm glad to hear that somebody else was like this because I'm seriously freaking out that it hasn't worked even though I'm less than a week out. I was on Optifast for 3 weeks and lost 7kg so I don't know if this has contributed to it, they did 7 procedures the day of mine, I was last and they said that mine was the easiest of the day, this should be good right but I've never had any pain so I'm like have they actually done it? Lol I must sound so stupid as I've read and heard some people have had terrible recoveries so I should be grateful but I'm not feeling reassured. Any inputs from anyone would be more than appreciated. :)

Jessy,

I was similar to you when I had mine last month. I was told to wait until I get to solids and you'll really feel the restriction of the sleeve. I'm on solids now and everyone was right. I definitely feel it now!

I didn't have any pain either... To the point I wasnt pushing the button in the hospital and the nurse yelled at me lol. But yea deff had a wicked easy recovery and felt hungry but I really wasn't now that I'm on solids I barely eat anything and I'm 28lbs down surgery was 10/23/13 .. I didn't think it was guna work either haha

Congrats on losing what you already have, and that's good to hear about when starting on solids. I'll keep my fingers crossed that's how it plans out for me! :)

I'm 5 weeks out and also have doubts that my sleeve isn't gonna work I had an awesome recovery haven't vomited or felt nauseous once ... I hold down everything well and still crave food even on solids . I do feel restriction and get only Protein in and def feel satisfied when I eat around 4 oz max of anything . I am doing 30 mins if cardio 4 -5 times a week and I'm down 30 lbs my dr told me I'm loseing slower then she would have hoped . So that is what's sending me into this frenzy .

On average your weight loss will probably go something like this:

Month 1: 25lbs

Month 2: 15lbs

Month 3: 10lbs

Month 4: 7lbs

Month 5: 7lbs

So don't get discouraged if you lost 25 or 30 lbs in the first month, that's great!

It takes time, I was feeling the same thing, Impatient, wanting to already be at or near my goal weight after just a month. Just remember you shouldn't compare yourself or your weight loss to others, everyone's journey is different. Just do the best you can and everything will fall into place.

Thanks for your reply, I'm new to using this app. I'm glad to hear that somebody else was like this because I'm seriously freaking out that it hasn't worked even though I'm less than a week out. I was on Optifast for 3 weeks and lost 7kg so I don't know if this has contributed to it, they did 7 procedures the day of mine, I was last and they said that mine was the easiest of the day, this should be good right but I've never had any pain so I'm like have they actually done it? Lol I must sound so stupid as I've read and heard some people have had terrible recoveries so I should be grateful but I'm not feeling reassured. Any inputs from anyone would be more than appreciated. :)

Lol other then holes in my tummy and 1st night being so sick I too have felt this. I'm 8 days out and feel like I could go straight to solids. Getting all my potein in gotta work harder on mt Water that's not going so well but getting hungry during the day.