Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2013 Sleever Pounds Lost Log

Sorry you got bad news, Jaime. Have you been only eating 600 calories on purpose? That seems super low for 10 months postop. I don't track or measure anything, but I did count calories for a few days about a month ago and I was in the 1400-1600 calorie range. I can see how you would be malnourished as well as not losing weight by consuming so little. What deficiencies do you have? Has your dr switch up your supplements or given any suggestions?

Thank you. I wasn't eating so little on purpose. I think it's more like I rarely feel hungry so I don't eat regularly. One of the tests measures the Protein levels in the past 4 weeks, similar to a glucose test I guess. I was told the minimum number needs to be 20. I was at a 12. The tests also showed my Vitamins D and B12 were still deficient. Also I was sent for tests to check my thyroid. It's never been abnormal before but it showed up abnormal with this blood work.

Can you do Protein Shakes? I still have one very large (24-32oz) one everyday. It has a minimum 30g Protein and usually more like 40-50g. I can send you recipes if you'd like. That way I know I'm getting at least 1/2-2/3 of my protein in one drink that I drink over an hour or so mid day. It's such a habit now that I "never leave home without it". And then I can eat a normal balance of healthy foods the rest of the day rather than having to concentrate on protein at every meal. I also have my Vitamins in a weekly pill dispenser to make sure I don't forget if I took them or not. Since you aren't hungry, maybe set a timer and make sure you eat something every 3 hours or so. And don't forget healthy fats....sounds like you could use the calories and they are vital for proper cell function and absorption of fat soluble vitamins.

I hope you find a plan and balance that works for you.

Hi Jamie

I agree that 600 calorie sounds pretty low for your stage in the process. I still track because it works for me. I have been eating 1300-1400 calories a day.

You might consider getting back to basics with proper amounts of Water, Protein and carbs until you feel like your back on track. I like the shake idea. I still do one a day for 30-35 grams of protein

HW: 232

SW: 223

CW: 151.6

TPL: 80.4

TPG: 70

TP (Final) G: 82

A healthy 1.4 lb loss this week - 1.6 to goal.

HW: ~293 (2009-2010)

SW: ~240 on dec 12 2013

CW: 168 but I fluctuate 163-166 most of the time

New goal 155-160

TPL: 72 since vsg, about 125ish from HW

TPG: 8-13 more, I'm 5'7"

post-195336-14155449741989_thumb.jpg

HW 362

SW 320

CW 218

TPL 144

TGP 132

No change this week

HW 304

SW 279

CW 156

TPG 154

TPL 148

HW 304

SW 279

CW 156

TPG 154

TPL 148

HW 304

SW 279

CW 156

TPG 154

TPL 148

Sorry I missed yesterday. I was gone out of town for the weekend. Here's my numbers for last week--lost 1.2 pounds!

HW 322 (March 2013)

SW: 278 (VSG 12-16-13)

CW: 179.6

PL: 108.4 from SW

Total PL: 152.4

New goal: 159 by 1/11/15

HW 197

SW 186 12/30/2013

CW 127

TPL 69

TGP 82

Lost a 1lb but still a size 2. 12 lbs to lose got 50 days to do it in. I will make this goal

Edited by cbwalker79

HW 375

SW 339

CW 209.2

TPL 165.8

TPG 176

A 1.2 lb loss this week and I'll gladly take it.

HW: 314

CW: 166

TPL: 148

TPG: 139

Down 1 pound this week.

The spin classes and advanced weight training classes seemed to kick start my weight loss again.

Hi everyone! Here are the numbers for this week:

Total pounds to lose goal: 2503.80

Total pounds lost to date: 2203

We're at 88% of goal currently!

Keep up the great work everyone!