Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where Can I Find A Good Diet Plan?

I am a year out from my sleeve and have not lost as much as the doctor has wanted me too. Only lost about 55 lbs. I have had a hard time finding a diet that gives specific things I can and can't eat. I was hoping someone knew of a plan like that. I don't do well with vague things like eat more veggies and less carbs. A diet with actual foods like eat 4 oz of grilled chicken with 4 oz of carrots is more what I was looking for. Is there anything out there like that?

Do you use myfitnesspal? If you do and can set your own guidelines, that would work. One way to do that is to set up your protein/fat/carb components to 40/40/20 or 40/30/30 and take it from there.

A simple plan is to eat 4 oz of Protein at each meal supplemented with veggies and grain. So at a year out, you should be able to get 1/2 c of meat/eggs, 1/4 c veggies, and 1/4 c whole grains like brown rice, quinoa, oats, or sweet potatoes, squash, etc. or substitute fruit for these grains.

But if you want specific meals, an alternative is to look up things like emeals.com or diet.com and select a low-carb/high Protein plan, or a Paleo plan and try subscribing to those.

Let's be friends and help each other along - ashes304

add me too freespirit63

<p>Do you use myfitnesspal? If you do and can set your own guidelines, that would work. One way to do that is to set up your protein/fat/carb components to 40/40/20 or 40/30/30 and take it from there. </p> <p> </p> <p>A simple plan is to eat 4 oz of Protein at each meal supplemented with veggies and grain. So at a year out, you should be able to get 1/2 c of meat/eggs, 1/4 c veggies, and 1/4 c whole grains like brown rice, quinoa, oats, or sweet potatoes, squash, etc. or substitute fruit for these grains.</p> <p> </p> <p>But if you want specific meals, an alternative is to look up things like emeals.com or diet.com and select a low-carb/high protein plan, or a Paleo plan and try subscribing to those.</p>

I do have my fitness pal. It's helping some. Thank you for the links. I am looking for meals to make. I did well right after the surgery when the meal plans were very ridged and told you eat this not that and I was hoping for something like that to get me back on track

Perhaps going to your surgeons nutritionist or another nutritionist for a few visits. They can help plan specific meals and give you resources.

its in the settings.

Customer service advised me to log into fitness pal via the On my way home! PC and change goals to create a custom profile. That's not possible via mobile app. Just FYI.

I also have a hard time understanding "carbs" "proteins" "grams" etc. I need specifics. I'm also very visual so grams and ounces can be tough for me.

I especially have a hard time with carbs in general--either I eat way too many (pre-op) or I can't figure out how to get any carbs in.

I need something like Richard Simmon's Deal a Meal!

I am now on regular food and am having a hard time trying to figure out what to eat without going back to my old habits. I was much happier with the easier plan of Stage 3 and 4!! lol.

If you use Fitness Pal it has all the counts there, all you do is enter food

You have to take the initiative to learn your macros and how much of each you're getting in. Myfitnesspal is a great tool to help establish what foods work to help meet your caloric/macro goals. meat, cheese, and eggs. Those are your basic low/no carb essentials. Chicken/fish/turkey are leaner, less calories, less fat. Red meat can go either way, depending on the cut. You have to read labels, get a calorie king book, utilize myfitnesspal, etc. You can't live off of a pre-planned schedule that someone else give you. Learning your own nutritional needs will be half the battle, figure out what works for you via trial and error.