Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Attitude And Emotions

HEHE I'm afraid if I talk to the husband I'm gonna rip a head off and chew it! :unsure:

LOL I'm just glad it gets better or somewhat better as the time goes on.

Funny thing I don't feel hungry much at all "a sick feeling if I forget to eat" but not hunger.

I do track my food and think about what I need to make my goals of calorie's and Protein alot.

Maybe just maybe its me thinking/stressing over food (even tho I don't even know I'm doing it)?

Def worth some thought.

Thanks OP for bring this topic up and Laura helpful as ever lady!! :)

I was crazy stressed out for the 3 weeks leading up to my surgery. .. but not just because of the surgery. A lot of it was due to me leaving my business for two-? Weeks. But I was able to be excited and not overly emotional. Until the day befoe surgery when I turned into a raving lunatic bi***!! Then I woke up on the morning of as if all was great and the lunacy of the day before never happened. . Go figue

Great post! Should I be worried? My surgery is a week from today. I'm not crazy. I think I'm nesting. Making lists of what I need to buy, making sure I have what I need for hospital and at home afterwards. Yes, I'm organized. GasX, Prilosec, chap stick, heating pad, ice pack, barf bags (yes, I have them by my bed just in case), body pillow, matching gown and robe set, blender, etc. I've been in clean mode for a few days. I sure hope I don't go nuts after surgery. I will talk to my husband and grown kids just in case!

Nobody says crazy. Just 'emotional'... maybe labile even. And it is not a girl thing. I sure was the same. And 5 months out I still grieve some of the security in a fatness world.

This might be a help?

http://www.weightlosssurgeon.com/old/bariatric-surgery-guide/a-new-way-of-thinking/emotional-issues

I didn't mean literally crazy!

I didn't mean literally crazy!

Opps, did NOT mean to suggest that you, me, we are crazy. Well... MAYBE I am...

Thank you all for spelling out like it truly is..I just shard some of the comments with him and warned him what to expect. I need to talk to my daughters about this also.

When I was my fattest any big anger or the stress of worrisome things would put me in a dangerous place heartwise. I avoided them like the plague and learned to divert myself into other thoughts and activities. Basically I would just pray about things and then forget them using what I call applied apathy. I have found that not caring about things beyond your power to change is a blessing. I throw the load on to Someone who has the ways and means.

Now that my heart has a better environment to beat in I have kept what I learned back in Fatville. Letting people live their lives and not being responsible for controlling them or for the consequences of their bad choices is a protection to my own emotional well being. I still dispense my wisdom but once it is out it is on its own and depends on hearing ears.

This has been me...especially this past week!!! So irritable...I MISS just being able to eat for comfort...:( So hard sometimes...I know, I know it's not a good thing to miss, but it's there. I talk to my hubby about all of it, and he listens and tries to understand but really can't...I mean, until you've been there, how can you?? I guess I foolishly thought it would all just be well and I would be fine - no issues, no bothers...and ya crazy...I've lost 46 lbs and physically feel amazing BUT still am struggling with this.

Thanks for letting me know I'm not alone...that's reassuring

What helped the most?

Working out?

Physically draining yourself?

I'm tryn that next. :)

Mostly why I read lots on here I hafta escape sometimes :o !!

My temper IS a short fuse!! Was never long to start with HA But now even my animals irritate me..... sigh.....

P.S Glad its not just me "being crazy"

Sex!!!!! ;)

Mine wouldn't be as fun. I'm all alone. Time to buy batteries.

Mine wouldn't be as fun. I'm all alone. Time to buy batteries.

What happened to the man you were hangin with??

Oh girl, long story. It's a long distance thing. He has to go back across the country to Washington state.

Oh girl, long story. It's a long distance thing. He has to go back across the country to Washington state.

Ahhh gotcha. Well I agree, not as much fun, but get the batteries anyway ;-P

For Me. I really thought my emotions were more out of whack when I was stuffing myself with all the food I could eat every day. I haven't been sleeved yet, but have been on a very strict pre surgery diet for almost 1 month. So the pain of isolation, depression and blaming my husband for all my troubles is fresh. Not that I expect I won't have an ongoing need to work hard at dealing with emotions without food as a coping mechanism but as far as negative self talk, image, self loathing, victim mode, blame and depression. Nothing compares to when I am just eating and eating. Yes some of that is dulled with food- to a point- but then Bam it hits me and I can't escape it, no matter how much food I ate.