Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Severe Gerd And Severe Esophageal Spasms 18 Months Post Op

Hi Lisa...I had been thinking about you long before mistyj told me to stop in but I have been going thru so much myself, I hadn't taken the time and I'm sorry! I'm sorry to hear you're still having such trouble! It's exhausting isn't it?!?! The trouble you're going thru, the thoughts about what to do, the opinions from friends and family who hate to see you suffer and just want you well...take it from me, I know! Let me know if there's anything I can do or say...I'm praying for you!

Thank you Niki. I hope you are doing better. I often think of you as well.

I don't know if you read but my husband has been diagnosed with terminal cancer. He is 48. I'm beside myself and can only think of him right now. I'm gaining weight. I've gained 8 pounds. I'm so depressed. I'm trying to take care of myself but at night when he goes to sleep, I comfort myself with eating fudgesicles. Yeah.. Fudgesicles! liquid calories. Makes my tummy feel better and so easy to get down. I need to stop it now. It is so hard though.

Let me know how you are doing ok! Praying for you as well!

Have you tried a more natural means to helping the GERD? Baking soda in Water or apple cider vinegar in water? Lisa please give your husband 1 teaspoon of baking powder in a cup of water 3x a day. Please try... If you need additional information, send a friend request!

Does that work? Even with the sleeve?

Have you tried a more natural means to helping the GERD? Baking soda in Water or apple cider vinegar in water? Lisa please give your husband 1 teaspoon of baking powder in a cup of water 3x a day. Please try... If you need additional information, send a friend request!

Have you tried a more natural means to helping the GERD? Baking soda in Water or apple cider vinegar in Water? Lisa please give your husband 1 teaspoon of baking powder in a cup of water 3x a day. Please try... If you need additional information, send a friend request!

Thank you so much for the information. My husband is terminal. In saying that he has NASH non alcholoic cirrhosis and liver cancer which they caught to late because the Dr. WOULD NOT do a ct after I begged for two years because of his family history. He doesn't drink and never has. He doesn't smoke either and never has. Two brothers and his Dad died of cancer. He is just 48 and he really looks so much older. My heart is broken and I am just taking care of him as best I can. He isn't in pain and we are Christians and we know where he is going. We take off 25 lbs of Fluid every week from his tummy. It is gut wrenching to watch him. First picture is us last August, then last week, last pic is when we met 10 years ago. He was diagnosed in Jan. :'( I can't even think of my weight. I was almost to goal and have gained 15 pounds back. Mostly from sugary coffee drinks and creamy fudgesicles at night. Just pray for us if you believe in prayer. Because we do. Thank you so much.

post-127141-0-47997000-1398096560_thumb.jpg post-127141-0-60150500-1398096607_thumb.jpg post-127141-0-99256800-1398096630_thumb.jpg

I cannot even imagine what you are going thru. Please know the both of you will be in my prayers.

Hi Lisa. I have been following your posts on your website. I am so sorry for what you, your husband and your family are going through. I am also a Christian and will continue to pray for you all.

Maybe you could post your link again here so others can follow your posts.

God bless you.

Linda

Lisa, you are going to get through this. Do you have YouTube? Please search for "cancer sodium bicarbonate dr. Simoneceli Italian" it is not too late for your hubby and you have nothing to lose. I am a Catholic, so I understand your thoughts at this time. God wants everyone to enjoy health and sublime joy until he calls us home. We know our name, but not our number. Please, for anyone reading my post, follow th link for YouTube that I mentioned above. As for GERD, incorporate pickles, sauerkraut, sour cream, and yogurt and or kefir to your diet. Eat raw or organic where possible. Also, since our stomachs are smaller, listen to your new body signals... Don't over eat. Sometimes that only means two or three bites of food, but it's worth it not to have the pain of acid reflux. You can always eat later! Don't forget to drink your Water, beautiful people, bottoms up, lol! Forget the Cristal Light, have a glass of water with something citrons-y like lime or orange... Heck, even Apple or cucumber is nice... It's close to no calories and it flavors the water.... Oh, and yes, I've tried the baking soda, an even the vinegar and it works. If it stops working, do it again. You can't do that with an anti acid! My one vice that does work is a little ice cream... Probably because of the milk. Get some full fat Bryer's... You'll be fine. To all, be well!

Isn't gerd caused by obesity? Won't losing weight help gerd in the long run? I never had gerd till they found it kinda thing... I was just nauseaus. Now have it so bad I'm on protonics twice a day. I'm pre surgery and still trying to jump through insurance hoops now. ... They want to sleeve me, but now concerned reading this. The acid last checked has burnt to my voice box. I'm concerned it will get worse with sleeve surgery. But, I'm physically or mentally not able to do bypass

Hi Lisa. I have been following your posts on your website. I am so sorry for what you, your husband and your family are going through. I am also a Christian and will continue to pray for you all.

Maybe you could post your link again here so others can follow your posts.

God bless you.

Linda

Thank you Linda so much. I appreciate all the prayers. Lord knows we need them. I thought I would lose my Bear last night. He made it and they took off 13 liters (28 pounds) of Fluid off his abdomen. He is 6'4" and now weighs 222. He has lost 70 pounds since January. I don't think he will last too much longer. :'( The link is www.youcaring.com/hopeforbear Thanks again for your prayers.

Lisa, you are going to get through this. Do you have YouTube? Please search for "cancer sodium bicarbonate dr. Simoneceli Italian" it is not too late for your hubby and you have nothing to lose. I am a Catholic, so I understand your thoughts at this time. God wants everyone to enjoy health and sublime joy until he calls us home. We know our name, but not our number. Please, for anyone reading my post, follow th link for YouTube that I mentioned above. As for GERD, incorporate pickles, sauerkraut, sour cream, and yogurt and or kefir to your diet. Eat raw or organic where possible. Also, since our stomachs are smaller, listen to your new body signals... Don't over eat. Sometimes that only means two or three bites of food, but it's worth it not to have the pain of acid reflux. You can always eat later! Don't forget to drink your Water, beautiful people, bottoms up, lol! Forget the Cristal Light, have a glass of Water with something citrons-y like lime or orange... Heck, even Apple or cucumber is nice... It's close to no calories and it flavors the water.... Oh, and yes, I've tried the baking soda, an even the vinegar and it works. If it stops working, do it again. You can't do that with an anti acid! My one vice that does work is a little ice cream... Probably because of the milk. Get some full fat Bryer's... You'll be fine. To all, be well!

Thank you so much for the info. It is too late for my husband unfortunately. He is dying.

Again, I do appreciate the information concerning my GERD. My spasms are relentless and are now worse. I'm not sure if I'm coming or going. Thanks again.

Lisa my heart goes out to you. I saw one of my best friends go thru this with her hubby also non drinker a few years back. Will be almost impossible to focus on your weight don't feel bad about it. You are with him now and that is what matters. Hugs to sweetie

Lisa,

I'm sorry for everything you're suffering with right now. I know your focus and energy need to be spent on your husband at the moment, but I thought I'd mention one possibility for your esophageal spasms. When I was investigating sleeve surgery, I spoke with a local surgeon who handles some of the more challenging bariatric cases. He was concerned about VSG in my case because of my history with GERD, and in that context mentioned a patient he was treating who had developed very severe GERD post-sleeve surgery. I remember he indicated she was receiving regular botox injections (esophageal, presumably) to manage symptoms. He made it clear this was treating symptoms, not the cause, and was not a workable long-term solution. But, I thought it was worth mentioning as a possibility for treating your symptoms short-term.

@@Lisa's Hope

Hi Lisa...I'm so sorry I have been gone for so long...please just send me something so I know how you're doing...I think of you often.❤️

@@Lisa's Hope

Hi Lisa...I'm so sorry I have been gone for so long...please just send me something so I know how you're doing...I think of you often.❤️

Hi Niki. Very nice to hear from you! I don't come on this site to often. I need to friend you on Facebook so we can keep up with each other.

I'm doing ok. I still have spasms but not as often as before. I still have acid reflux and bile reflux but the meds seem to be working. I take Dexilant, Zantac, and Levsin for the spasms. If not for all of the GERD problems, I would be ok. I am still maintaining my weight but can't seem to lose the 30 I gained back. Keeping off 90 is good though.

I hope all is well with you. I'm so glad I didn't go through with the gastric bypass. I've just seen too many complications from that surgery. Since I have no one right now and am alone it would be catastrophic if I got sick. I miss my husband so much. It has been 16 months and it seems like yesterday. I also lost one of my brothers to cancer 4 months ago. Life is hard!! I'm surprised I've not gained back everything. It sure is harder when we are this far out.

Take care of yourself and it was so good hearing from you!.

Girl it breaks my heart to hear of your tragic losses...I can't even imagine. I can't really even find words to comfort you right now...all the sayings and words that come to mind seem so trivial and cliche that I choke on them as I even start to type them.

Yes you can find me on Facebook. I'm under Niki Thompson from Greenville, TX, I would love to keep up that way. Maybe by then I could find some words of encouragement for you....for now maybe time?????

I am so glad you did not ever have the bypass surgery done and that you're not faced with the same complications that I am faced with now. I fear with all you have been through, you'd be much worse of than I am now.

I miss hearing from you, I'm not on this site often either but found my way back since these last procedures/surgery. Please find me on Facebook. Talk to you soon!