Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1 Weak Out - Dehydrated, Getting Hardly Any Protein And Starving

Split pea Soup with some chicken Unjury is good blended to liquefy, vanilla whey I added to fruit sugar free Jello and puddings. I also got frozen greek yogurt bars to have a sweet treat of Protein. You will get there, I wake up drinking a half a serving of Powerade Zero and then carry a water bottle with me literally everywhere. You can do it!

Glad I saw this thread. I had surgery on Tuesday and I feel AWFUL, hungry, and am starting to regret my decision to have surgery. I know I'm pushing things but really expected to feel better instead of worse by now. I have NO energy and it's not easy depending on others to take care of you. I'm hoping this feeling passes as I will return to work on Monday. I'm doing pretty good with the Protein and liquids but I am SOOOOO hungry and really want to eat some food. So many people told me I wouldn't be hungry and I have no clue how they managed to feel no hunger. Looking forward to brighter days!!!!

Another Protein product I just learned about is Monster Milk. I've always known of Muscle Milk, but this was a new one on me. It has a whopping 50 grams of Protein, 290 calories and comes in 6 flavors. (I actually like the banana Creme) So if you are having a hard time getting the protein down, drinking just two of these a day would be fantastic!

Glad I saw this thread. I had surgery on Tuesday and I feel AWFUL, hungry, and am starting to regret my decision to have surgery. I know I'm pushing things but really expected to feel better instead of worse by now. I have NO energy and it's not easy depending on others to take care of you. I'm hoping this feeling passes as I will return to work on Monday. I'm doing pretty good with the Protein and liquids but I am SOOOOO hungry and really want to eat some food. So many people told me I wouldn't be hungry and I have no clue how they managed to feel no hunger. Looking forward to brighter days!!!!

Don't worry! It will get better. I felt like I had been hit by a bus. And I was STARVING all the time. I too, had regrets (not that it makes a difference!!) Eventually, the constant hunger goes away. And your energy will come back. We humans are impatient creatures - I finally realised that it takes weeks for the sleeve to heal, and not days.

I don't regret it any more! Delighted with the weight loss and looking forward to seeing more. But I am still impatient - I want all the weight to be gone NOW!!! :-)

Another Protein product I just learned about is Monster Milk. I've always known of Muscle Milk, but this was a new one on me. It has a whopping 50 grams of protein, 290 calories and comes in 6 flavors. (I actually like the banana Creme) So if you are having a hard time getting the protein down, drinking just two of these a day would be fantastic!

Where do I find monster milk?

Another Protein product I just learned about is Monster Milk. I've always known of Muscle Milk, but this was a new one on me. It has a whopping 50 grams of Protein, 290 calories and comes in 6 flavors. (I actually like the Banana Creme) So if you are having a hard time getting the protein down, drinking just two of these a day would be fantastic!

Where do I find monster milk?

I've found it at The Vitamine Shoppe and online at www.BodyBuilding.com.

Isopure us 20 oz of clear drink that has 40 grams of Protein. no carbs, 160 calroies, no sugar. it taste like grape koolaide.. * i have grape frost* I'm drinking these during my clear liquid stage. and when i can go to full liquids, i'm going back to my Protein drinks. there are a lot of Protein Drinks i can't stand, but i've found that Premium Protein (has 30 grams of protein) are good and low carb low sugar, and the EAS protein drinks. also I found a powdered Peanut Butter called PB2! It's a life saver! It completely changes the taste of protein drinks and actually makes them tolerable! Look it up!

********** Take in mind that your body can only absorb around 25 g of protein per setting!!!! so split up your protein drinks accordingly.

Edited by BlueTattoo

Isopure us 20 oz of clear drink that has 40 grams of Protein. no carbs, 160 calroies, no sugar. it taste like grape koolaide.. * i have grape frost* I'm drinking these during my clear liquid stage. and when i can go to full liquids, i'm going back to my Protein drinks. there are a lot of protein drinks i can't stand, but i've found that Premium Protein (has 30 grams of protein) are good and low carb low sugar, and the EAS protein drinks. also I found a powdered Peanut Butter called PB2! It's a life saver! It completely changes the taste of protein drinks and actually makes them tolerable! Look it up!

********** Take in mind that your body can only absorb around 25 g of protein per setting!!!! so split up your protein drinks accordingly.

I just LOVE Isopure Coconut and Premium Protein RTD is a staple in my diet! PB2 is amazing, too! I agree with you on all points until the end regarding protein limitations. LOL

You are partially correct, though. It has become accepted as universal fact after being widely touted across body building forums that any more than 30 grams of protein per meal will not be utilized for muscle synthesis. This is exactly why most body builders eat 5 - 8 meals per day. But protein can be utilized for much more than building biceps. :D

In this instance, we are talking about someone who had major surgery a week ago. It has been proven time and again that protein is critical to wound healing. In this respect, your body can require .8 to .85 grams of protein per pound of body weight. That is a TON of protein! LOL I have never been successful at taking in protein at that level!

Even after healing, increased protein ratios have many benefits. Protein can be burned as fuel. Calories from protein burn slower that calories from carbs, so you stay fuller longer. Since your body doesn't store protein the same as carbohydrates, increased protein can promote faster weight loss when carbohydrates are restricted or reduced. A high protein, low carbohydrate diet promotes better moods, less depression, increased self-esteem and an overall feeling of well-being.

I've spent countless hours researching diet and macro-nutrient ratios (protein - fat - carb ratios) and have found much success with a very high protein, low to moderate fat, low carbohydrate diet. I've designed diet and exercise plans for many and those who followed the plan saw success as well.

Ok, I'll get off my protein soap box now!!! :P

LOL I'm just going by what my 3 Nuts told me :)

I'm two weeks out and feel the same way. I'm only getting in 25 oz. of Water and maybe, maybe 12 g of Protein a day. And, every day that goes by, I seem to be getting weaker and weaker. Getting dressed tires me out.

This is EXACTLY how I feel!! I had RNY 11/26/13 and as since surgery I haven't been getting much Fluid or protein. I get lightheaded, feel faint, and have palpitations whenever I exert any energy at. I've been getting dressed in stages because of this. I feel like I'm just gonna shrivel up and die. Everything is a struggle and food/shakes/soup is the enemy now. I cried in Walmart today. It was pretty pathetic :(

Anyway, I return to work Monday and I'm stressing about it.

I'm two weeks out and feel the same way. I'm only getting in 25 oz. of Water and maybe, maybe 12 g of Protein a day. And, every day that goes by, I seem to be getting weaker and weaker. Getting dressed tires me out.

This is EXACTLY how I feel!! I had RNY 11/26/13 and as since surgery I haven't been getting much Fluid or Protein. I get lightheaded, feel faint, and have palpitations whenever I exert any energy at. I've been getting dressed in stages because of this. I feel like I'm just gonna shrivel up and die. Everything is a struggle and food/shakes/soup is the enemy now. I cried in Walmart today. It was pretty pathetic :(

Anyway, I return to work Monday and I'm stressing about it.

And sorry y'all...just realized this is a Sleeve discussion. I saw ppl who felt my pain and just jumped on in. Lol.